Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

76 23.75%
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Iggy is an all-around better player and when it comes down to the clutch Carmelo is still worse.

Monta Ellis is shooting 39 percent. Jesus christ. And he is the fifth worst defender in the league. Horrible example.

So much of this is so ****ing wrong and stupid I'm surprised you didn't reread it and pull it down from embarrassment.
    As smart as you think you are reading a chart and saying iggy has better advanced numbers; it does not mean he is better. It also doesn't mean you have a clue what those stats mean.

I'm not embarassed. Iggy is a player I truly enjoy but Iggy is not on Melo's level.

If you did a poll of GM's on who was the better player it would be a landslide for Melo.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...odan01&y2=2013

Clearly you are not backing down and I feel no need to waste my time on this conversation anymore.

vCash
    They both improved because of it.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    As smart as you think you are reading a chart and saying iggy has better advanced numbers; it does not mean he is better. It also doesn't mean you have a clue what those stats mean.

I'm not embarassed. Iggy is a player I truly enjoy but Iggy is not on Melo's level.

If you did a poll of GM's on who was the better player it would be a landslide for Melo.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...odan01&y2=2013

Clearly you are not backing down and I feel no need to waste my time on this conversation anymore.
    It's not my fault you have a stupid opinion and can't back it up with anything other than "nah, he's better cause, and these guys would probably think this, but i dunno, its the argument from authority so it works even hypothetically lolcause"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    It's not my fault you have a stupid opinion and can't back it up with anything other than "nah, he's better cause, and these guys would probably think this, but i dunno, its the argument from authority so it works even hypothetically lolcause"
    You're being ignorant. You can't justify anything. You are the minority. Melo is a better player than Iggy that's it, it really is that simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    You're being ignorant. You can't justify anything. You are the minority. Melo is a better player than Iggy that's it, it really is that simple.
    On what metric are you basing this? Other than the Ad populum fallacy right now?

vCash
    people are just going to vote for the knicks because of their better start. I would just like to say that the knicks would not have that great of a start if they had nuggs tough schedule. 17 of their first 24 games on the road and we are still getting used to the lineups. Tough games are just starting....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklyNyk View Post
    Knicks. No homer. Depth is easier to replace than a star.
    depth, however, can land you a star....

Knicks:
    -got felton back
    -rid of billups but that paved the way for Chandler right?
    -not really sure what else they recieved from this trade inderectly
    -Melo was the big piece

Nuggs:
    -got miller
    -jham
    -brewer
    -Gallo, Chandler, and Mozgov were the big pieces

I love both teams but I think that the nuggs won.

vCash
    Knicks by a LONG SHOT... not sure how this can even be a debate.

They got Felton back, used Billup's contract to get Tyson. Essentially they gave up Gallo, Chandler and Mozgov for Melo. Chandler and Mozgov barely get to play these days and Gallo never took that step that many expected him to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYsFinest View Post
    Knicks by a LONG SHOT... not sure how this can even be a debate.

They got Felton back, used Billup's contract to get Tyson. Essentially they gave up Gallo, Chandler and Mozgov for Melo. Chandler and Mozgov barely get to play these days and Gallo never took that step that many expected him to.
    Nuggs got a solid backup PG in Miller, but that still doesn't sweeten it enough for Denver.

This hindsight comparo is not even close, and anybody not a hater or troll can see now that NYK got the better deal. But at least Denver got SOMETHING for a leaving asset. More than can be said about Cleveland and the LBJ saga.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Melo is just on a different level right now.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Its a quantity vs quality thing.

DEN got depth from the trade, but really the only above average player they got is Gallo who is injury prone and hasn't really developed like you'd hope, and I guess Miller too. Everyone else they got in the trade has contributed almost nothing.

Not to mention even Gallo has shot only 38% since joining DEN 2 years ago.

vCash
    KNICKS
    1- we got the best player from that trade
    2- raymond felton is back with us
    3- we were gonna loose wilson chandler in FA that summer anyway
    4- billups turn out to be tyson chandler for us

So after its all said and done we basically traded gallo, mozgov, wilson chandler and picks for Melo and Tyson Chandler. (I'll take this deal anyday)

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    How is this even a debate? It really isn't close. I love Gallo but he has regressed since going to Denver as has Chandler. Mozgov has barely played and hasn't shown much. Adding those guys didn't even give them much financial flexibility and doesn't anyone see this team really improving that much? I don't like how either side has attributed their teams flexibility for future moves and success. Yes the Knicks amnestied Billups for Chandler but in this hypothetical world it is possible Chandler still could have come (unlikely but possible).

The Nuggets have made many many other decisions and trades none of which have made them markedly better than their immediate post Melo team or their team with Melo (which was one that never missed the playoffs). This flexibility? Chandler and Gallo have quite a bit of money committed to them over the next 3-4 years now combining for 16 mill this year with Mozgov being an expiring 3 mill. Melo makes 20 and if you want to talk about hypothetical trades Melo is much easier to move than Gallo and Chandler whose value has to be taking a significant hit with the way their performance has been heading. I really thought Gallo had a chance to be a stand out play and potential all-star but he seems to continue to take a step back.

Even in the long term and flexibilty (since people want to fall back on that to support the nuggets) the Knicks are operating on all 3 year contracts right now with everyone expiring in 3 years so if this didn't work out they can blow it all up easily too. The Knicks have been extremely flexible adding the likes of JKidd, Camby, Sheed, JR Smith, Novak, and Felton. They have been able to be capped out and add very good depth and veteran players who can still contribute along with a potential 6th man of the year candidate and a very solid starting pg (both of whom obviously came from... Denver).

vCash
    Knicks are going to have a good year but I would trust the Nuggets for long term
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    knicks by a mile and i said this when the trade first happen but the nuggets got great role players out the deal so i guess it was better than getting nothing.

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast