Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

    99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

    145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

    76 23.75%
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 577
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,131
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I just find it immature to go after another person's favorite team for no reason, instead of attempting to have a rational debate. But, its the NBA forum..
    I feel you. As much as I love the Knicks, that's my biggest fear. Melo commitment to defense might I away, Felton might come back to earth, Jr turns to a bonehead player again.

    Theirs no doubt this team is better than last years but I stil have my worries. Oh yeah Amare hasn't step foot in the court yet!




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,762
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyKnicks126 View Post
    Probably just like you right? A proud Mod on an internet sports forum? I want to be just like you man.
    baiting a moderator isn't always the smartest approach. Just chill out dude, seriously.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,834
    vCash
    10710
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    baiting a moderator isn't always the smartest approach. Just chill out dude, seriously.
    Who is baiting here though? Who told me to grow up? You do not know me. I am done with this argument or whatever you want to call it.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,134
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What if we dont consider Melo a superstar?
    I could honestly care less.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    I could honestly care less.
    this
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,844
    vCash
    1500
    Denver won. Carmelo is inconsistent and flaky. If you ask me, Carmelo is kind of irrelevant. It seems to me that New York would do just fine without him or Amar'e, as Denver proved last year against the Lakers.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,134
    vCash
    1500
    So much time is wasted on thiese boards with silly arguments that in realty are baseless and ridiculous.
    Fans like their own players, and surprisingly fans loathe other teams players unless they are no threat.

    The term "superstar" is open to interpretation. If winning an NBA title is the benchmark, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Stockton, Drexler, CP3, D12, Durrant, Westbrook, and Rose are not superstars. Lebron ws not a superstar until last summer but Dirk was.

    Or you are not a superstar until you take your team TO the Finals? So here is a question, if Melo is NOT a superstar, does he turn into one if the Knicks win the EAST? or does he have to win a ring? Was Amare a superstar with the Suns? was Kidd a Superstar wih the Nets?

    What one person considers a superstar is strickly their laymans opinion. I will respect the opinions of those who are respectful to other peoples opinions.

    Carmelo Anthony surrounded by the same players LeBron, Dirk, and kobe have been surrounded by would have won a ring as well. You cant fault a player because Mike Dantoni was his coach running a team with ZERO defense. Not the players fault. Something tells me if Melo was a Laker most would consider him a Superstar.

    Some will argue that Melo has not advanced the Knicks past round 1 in the playoffs. OK,
    If we switched melo with lebron, and put him in the EXACT same situation, would the Knicks have beaten Boston 2 years ago and gotten past Miami (With james) last year?
    Against Boston, Chauncey Billups ent out in game one, Amare followed. Anthony had a cast of journeyman scrubs like Fields, Douglas, jefferies, Carter, and others. Are you convinced that LeBron could have taken that rag tag team past the Celtics? No way.
    Last year could Lebron have led, Bibby, Douglas, Davis, Jefferies, Fields, Jorts, Smith, and Chandler past Miami? won more than one game? Nope.

    You cant judge what Melo is until you see him in the same boat that the other superstars are in.

    Was Kobe winning anything without Shaq? Pau? Odom, Artest? amongst many other very good players? Nope

    lebron winning without the dream team? Nope.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,798
    vCash
    500
    George Karl.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    140
    vCash
    1500
    Denver raped NY in that trade. We gutted half our team and all of our prospects for Melo.We overpaid but players like Melo don't come around often so I do this trade every time.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbeardaboss View Post
    Denver raped NY in that trade. We gutted half our team and all of our prospects for Melo.We overpaid but players like Melo don't come around often so I do this trade every time.
    Your statement circle-jerks itself. You say Melo is a can't miss once-in-a-lifetime player yet they "raped" NYK to get him? What the F has any of those "assets" done for Denver? Are they winning because of any of them?


    Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

    Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,067
    vCash
    1500
    the Nuggets won it then and still win it now

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,067
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNEBO View Post
    Your statement circle-jerks itself. You say Melo is a can't miss once-in-a-lifetime player yet they "raped" NYK to get him? What the F has any of those "assets" done for Denver? Are they winning because of any of them?

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,570
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    With a trade for a superstar and that many moving pieces, we probably can't pick a winner overall for a few more years. Need to see what NY does with Melo there, and what Denver does with all the moving parts it assumed in that trade. But as of now, Denver is still in front, win wise imho.
    I believe Denver won the deal as long as Amare plays. When Amare is out or if he is moved, NY wins it. Melo fits much better without Amare on the Knicks, in fact they are night and day.

    That said I still do believe what I said when I said Melo should be a MVP candidate and would be when I hear Amare went down as it became easier to win games without him. It's the Pau and Andrew effect, they can win in spite of one another but are better a part

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    104
    vCash
    1500
    Knicks easily, none of the players they traded have proven to be stars. Melo on the other hand is a top 10-15 player.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33,406
    vCash
    1000
    Nuggets until Melo makes the 2nd round.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •