Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

76 23.75%
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I just find it immature to go after another person's favorite team for no reason, instead of attempting to have a rational debate. But, its the NBA forum..
    I feel you. As much as I love the Knicks, that's my biggest fear. Melo commitment to defense might I away, Felton might come back to earth, Jr turns to a bonehead player again.

Theirs no doubt this team is better than last years but I stil have my worries. Oh yeah Amare hasn't step foot in the court yet!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyKnicks126 View Post
    Probably just like you right? A proud Mod on an internet sports forum? I want to be just like you man.
    baiting a moderator isn't always the smartest approach. Just chill out dude, seriously.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    baiting a moderator isn't always the smartest approach. Just chill out dude, seriously.
    Who is baiting here though? Who told me to grow up? You do not know me. I am done with this argument or whatever you want to call it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What if we dont consider Melo a superstar?
    I could honestly care less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    I could honestly care less.
    this
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Denver won. Carmelo is inconsistent and flaky. If you ask me, Carmelo is kind of irrelevant. It seems to me that New York would do just fine without him or Amar'e, as Denver proved last year against the Lakers.

vCash
    So much time is wasted on thiese boards with silly arguments that in realty are baseless and ridiculous.
    Fans like their own players, and surprisingly fans loathe other teams players unless they are no threat.

The term "superstar" is open to interpretation. If winning an NBA title is the benchmark, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Stockton, Drexler, CP3, D12, Durrant, Westbrook, and Rose are not superstars. Lebron ws not a superstar until last summer but Dirk was.

Or you are not a superstar until you take your team TO the Finals? So here is a question, if Melo is NOT a superstar, does he turn into one if the Knicks win the EAST? or does he have to win a ring? Was Amare a superstar with the Suns? was Kidd a Superstar wih the Nets?

What one person considers a superstar is strickly their laymans opinion. I will respect the opinions of those who are respectful to other peoples opinions.

Carmelo Anthony surrounded by the same players LeBron, Dirk, and kobe have been surrounded by would have won a ring as well. You cant fault a player because Mike Dantoni was his coach running a team with ZERO defense. Not the players fault. Something tells me if Melo was a Laker most would consider him a Superstar.

Some will argue that Melo has not advanced the Knicks past round 1 in the playoffs. OK,
    If we switched melo with lebron, and put him in the EXACT same situation, would the Knicks have beaten Boston 2 years ago and gotten past Miami (With james) last year?
    Against Boston, Chauncey Billups ent out in game one, Amare followed. Anthony had a cast of journeyman scrubs like Fields, Douglas, jefferies, Carter, and others. Are you convinced that LeBron could have taken that rag tag team past the Celtics? No way.
    Last year could Lebron have led, Bibby, Douglas, Davis, Jefferies, Fields, Jorts, Smith, and Chandler past Miami? won more than one game? Nope.

You cant judge what Melo is until you see him in the same boat that the other superstars are in.

Was Kobe winning anything without Shaq? Pau? Odom, Artest? amongst many other very good players? Nope

lebron winning without the dream team? Nope.

vCash
    George Karl.

vCash
    Denver raped NY in that trade. We gutted half our team and all of our prospects for Melo.We overpaid but players like Melo don't come around often so I do this trade every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbeardaboss View Post
    Denver raped NY in that trade. We gutted half our team and all of our prospects for Melo.We overpaid but players like Melo don't come around often so I do this trade every time.
    Your statement circle-jerks itself. You say Melo is a can't miss once-in-a-lifetime player yet they "raped" NYK to get him? What the F has any of those "assets" done for Denver? Are they winning because of any of them?

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    the Nuggets won it then and still win it now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNEBO View Post
    Your statement circle-jerks itself. You say Melo is a can't miss once-in-a-lifetime player yet they "raped" NYK to get him? What the F has any of those "assets" done for Denver? Are they winning because of any of them?

vCash
    With a trade for a superstar and that many moving pieces, we probably can't pick a winner overall for a few more years. Need to see what NY does with Melo there, and what Denver does with all the moving parts it assumed in that trade. But as of now, Denver is still in front, win wise imho.
    I believe Denver won the deal as long as Amare plays. When Amare is out or if he is moved, NY wins it. Melo fits much better without Amare on the Knicks, in fact they are night and day.

That said I still do believe what I said when I said Melo should be a MVP candidate and would be when I hear Amare went down as it became easier to win games without him. It's the Pau and Andrew effect, they can win in spite of one another but are better a part

vCash
    Knicks easily, none of the players they traded have proven to be stars. Melo on the other hand is a top 10-15 player.

vCash
    Nuggets until Melo makes the 2nd round.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast