Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

    99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

    145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

    76 23.75%
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 577
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I don't think WIN-LOSS record is by any means an indication of who won the trade.

    1) DEN was already a MUCH better team than NY when the trade was made, so its only logical that they would have a better record right after the trade. NY needed a season to replenish their roster and they did so.

    2) Young guys don't stay cheap forever, DEN is capped out now after giving Chandler, Gallo & Lawson extensions. The trio of Gallo, Chandler & Mozzy combine to make $19m now, Melo's salary. I guarantee you DEN would trade that $19m trio for Melo in a heartbeat.

    It was still a good trade for both teams then and now. Although TBH, Gallo & Mozzy haven't really developed much if at all like I thought they would. Gallo's shooting 37% since arriving in DEN. And CHandler has completely fallen off the face of the earth.

    Keep in mind DEN got Andre Miller indirectly via that trade, and NY was able to get Tyson indirectly and Lin although he left.
    Essentially directly/indirectly Denver got 2 under-achieving forwards in Gallo and Wilson Chandler, and a solid back-up PG in Miller (don't even mention Mozy or the other scrubs) for a superstar in Melo and a DPOY in Tyson. Yeah, easy to give this to the Knicks.

    Yeah the Nuggs gained flexabilty to make some of their subsequent moves, but as someone earlier mentioned, young players don't stay cheap for long.


    Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

    Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,973
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    lol@ objective reasoning. I call it hate, you call it what you want. "Objective reasoning" can go both ways, and around here when it comes to the Knicks, it goes south.
    Same can easily be said for the Heat and Lakers. I've seen our fan base do just as good as job inciting these "hate" posts as they have reasonably responding to them.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I mean... Melo was going to leave Denver regardless, so Denver was essentially just trying to get the best deal they could, and they did that. Are the players they got back as good as Melo? No, but that team is in a fair good situation in terms of overall talent on their roster (despite their record). NY gave up a lot of their depth, but they seem to have gotten that back via free agency (their GM raided an old-age home and came away with one of the best benches in the league apparently).

    That said... NY may have been able to hang onto all those players they had and sign Melo in free agency that season, in which case they'd be in even better shape now.

    I'll say even trade, considering that Denver would have lost Melo (likely to NY in free agency) for nothing.
    The lack of NBA IQ amazes me... keyboard warriors spouting off with ignorant bliss.

    Melo was not sacrificing money to an upcoming CBA renegotiation by going into free agency. He is quoted as saying it himself. Can you blame him??? He was ready to re-up with Denver or sign with the Nets if NY didn't play the trade game w/ the Nuggs. So NO, NYK WAS NOT GOING TO HANG ON TO ITS "ASSETS" AND SIGN MELO ANYWAYS. Fuggin tards.


    Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

    Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind the 8 ball
    Posts
    12,121
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am way too lazy to look it up, but what are both teams records since the trade?
    That wasnt the question.
    Anytime you have a superstar player and you trade or lose him, you lose.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,025
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Yeah, but the Nuggets got rid of a cancer in Melo who was earning the max and it freed them up to get some of the players who have helped them.
    ok so now you're changing your argument to "Melo is a cancer"

    I'm sure 29 other teams want cancer then.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,260
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    You realize that NY traded away pretty much all of their talent to the nuggets right?
    Which would seem to count in favor of the Nuggets winning the trade...

    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    lol@ objective reasoning. I call it hate, you call it what you want. "Objective reasoning" can go both ways, and around here when it comes to the Knicks, it goes south.
    I call it "stupid" not to recognize someone making a credible argument backed up by evidence versus feelings, opinions, or personal attachments.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,038
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    That wasnt the question.
    Anytime you have a superstar player and you trade or lose him, you lose.
    What if we dont consider Melo a superstar?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,038
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    I didn't expect you to........
    Just as I expected another post devoid of examples/facts.

    Its a theme with you, cant much blame you, once I have cornered you never respond again. Remember when you refused to reference the population that uses stats but watches a shitload of games. LOL
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    That wasnt the question.
    Anytime you have a superstar player and you trade or lose him, you lose.
    I don't feel Denver lost a superstar...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,038
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    My apologies, maybe too much generalization. A chucker with average efficiency.
    His efficiency is really inconsistent. I dont know if there has ever been a player with as many ups and downs as Smith has had. Year to year, even game to game, he can be such a drastically different player in terms of impact. I've always liked him though
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,640
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sorry I thought I just saw Melo and Superstar put together. Hell no!

    Dwight Howard is a Superstar
    Lebron James is a Superstar
    Gram and Xplayer are Superstars

    Melo is overrated lol


    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.


    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

    But Tittays are forever.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    29,706
    vCash
    1500
    If Melo wasn't a superstar, he wouldn't have been courted by the entire league during the trade deadline. If Melo wasn't a star, he wouldn't have made Denver relevant since he got drafted and most certainly, if he wasn't a star, the media all over wouldn't be so hard on him. They wouldn't care if he won or didn't win. If people believe Melo is on the same level of Bosh, Gay, etc...Instead the entire world sees Melo in the same class of Paul, LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Bosh, Howard, etc.

    Some people believe the only stars in the league are Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Dirk because of their accomplishments. It really depends on what you think a star is.

    Who won the trade? Both teams but NY won long term.

    The trade gave Denver: Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Curry, draft picks - Those assets turned into Andre Miller for Felton, Curry for cap-space (re-signing Nene, AA) and absorbing salary for the Brewer/Fernandez trade. Speed it up to 2011, Nene traded for McGee and the NY draft picks & cash traded for Iggy.

    The trade gave NY: Melo, Billups - Billups was basically flipped for Tyson Chandler. No Tyson Chandler = No Jeremy Lin...No Jeremy Lin = No Felton or Jason Kidd and no Iman Shumpert or JR Smith (who was signed due to lack of scoring Billups provided).


    Both teams benefited. The only true way to tell who won is by seeing who got further with their pieces going forward.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,834
    vCash
    10710
    the t'wolves..........

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    281
    vCash
    1500
    Neither, because neither team goes anywhere in the playoffs.

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,703
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Punk View Post
    If Melo wasn't a superstar, he wouldn't have been courted by the entire league during the trade deadline. If Melo wasn't a star, he wouldn't have made Denver relevant since he got drafted and most certainly, if he wasn't a star, the media all over wouldn't be so hard on him. They wouldn't care if he won or didn't win. If people believe Melo is on the same level of Bosh, Gay, etc...Instead the entire world sees Melo in the same class of Paul, LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Bosh, Howard, etc.

    Some people believe the only stars in the league are Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Dirk because of their accomplishments. It really depends on what you think a star is.

    Who won the trade? Both teams but NY won long term.

    The trade gave Denver: Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Curry, draft picks - Those assets turned into Andre Miller for Felton, Curry for cap-space (re-signing Nene, AA) and absorbing salary for the Brewer/Fernandez trade. Speed it up to 2011, Nene traded for McGee and the NY draft picks & cash traded for Iggy.

    The trade gave NY: Melo, Billups - Billups was basically flipped for Tyson Chandler. No Tyson Chandler = No Jeremy Lin...No Jeremy Lin = No Felton or Jason Kidd and no Iman Shumpert or JR Smith (who was signed due to lack of scoring Billups provided).


    Both teams benefited. The only true way to tell who won is by seeing who got further with their pieces going forward.
    Superstars drag crappy rosters into the playoffs, and win in the playoffs with a good roster. Melo has done neither. There are only a few "super" stars in the NBA.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •