Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

76 23.75%
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    I could honestly care less.
    Do you mean you COULDN'T care less?
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    So you do care?

vCash
    Knicks. No homer. Depth is easier to replace than a star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNEBO View Post
    Your statement circle-jerks itself. You say Melo is a can't miss once-in-a-lifetime player yet they "raped" NYK to get him? What the F has any of those "assets" done for Denver? Are they winning because of any of them?
    I never heard the term "circle-jerks" before so I googled it.....based off its definition and your usage of it, I would say you and i watch basketball for two different reasons.

My statement only implied that melo is a talent worth over paying for.

You cant judge a trade solely on how a player plays post trade. You must also consider how they may have played or developed had the stayed on their original team. Unfortunately, we will never know how Chandler, Gallo and Mosgov would have developed had they stayed in NY.

We can however look at Felton's decline after he left NY and his current resurgence after his return to NY and you can see that where you play also makes a difference.

That said, you can now return to your circle-jerking...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni:24352054
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What if we dont consider Melo a superstar?
    So why should we care about your theory?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew:24352077
    this
    Is incorrect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni:24352417
    So much time is wasted on thiese boards with silly arguments that in realty are baseless and ridiculous.
    Fans like their own players, and surprisingly fans loathe other teams players unless they are no threat.

The term "superstar" is open to interpretation. If winning an NBA title is the benchmark, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Stockton, Drexler, CP3, D12, Durrant, Westbrook, and Rose are not superstars. Lebron ws not a superstar until last summer but Dirk was.

Or you are not a superstar until you take your team TO the Finals? So here is a question, if Melo is NOT a superstar, does he turn into one if the Knicks win the EAST? or does he have to win a ring? Was Amare a superstar with the Suns? was Kidd a Superstar wih the Nets?

What one person considers a superstar is strickly their laymans opinion. I will respect the opinions of those who are respectful to other peoples opinions.

Carmelo Anthony surrounded by the same players LeBron, Dirk, and kobe have been surrounded by would have won a ring as well. You cant fault a player because Mike Dantoni was his coach running a team with ZERO defense. Not the players fault. Something tells me if Melo was a Laker most would consider him a Superstar.

Some will argue that Melo has not advanced the Knicks past round 1 in the playoffs. OK,
    If we switched melo with lebron, and put him in the EXACT same situation, would the Knicks have beaten Boston 2 years ago and gotten past Miami (With james) last year?
    Against Boston, Chauncey Billups ent out in game one, Amare followed. Anthony had a cast of journeyman scrubs like Fields, Douglas, jefferies, Carter, and others. Are you convinced that LeBron could have taken that rag tag team past the Celtics? No way.
    Last year could Lebron have led, Bibby, Douglas, Davis, Jefferies, Fields, Jorts, Smith, and Chandler past Miami? won more than one game? Nope.

You cant judge what Melo is until you see him in the same boat that the other superstars are in.

Was Kobe winning anything without Shaq? Pau? Odom, Artest? amongst many other very good players? Nope

lebron winning without the dream team? Nope.
    But your not respecting other opinions, you just said you dont care (albeit with a typo).

And why would anyone define the criteria by blindly looking at chips/finals appearances?

And what proof do you have that people hate opposing players? I know you may not fit the description but some of us are fans of the NBA BEFORE our club

vCash

vCash
    Now that the Knicks got back felton, they have made out great with that trade....
    Me & Mrs. D'Antoni @ The Garden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHONIE View Post
    Just because so many people dilute the English language does not mean we should let them. It's a simple matter of: does what you're saying make sense?

vCash
    Even trade.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    Skewed by a hot start by NY, and a slow start by DEN (especially Gallo/injured Will).

Until either team goes several seasons getting deep into the playoffs in a row, or gets a ring....will probably be a wash.

We already know how these players are, and they will return to form at some point in the season. Denny Green would be screaming "they are who we thought they were"
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    People who voted for the Knicks are what I like to call, literally ********.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Knicks are 6-0 so they won it.
    haha foolish nazi

Since knicks have started 6-1 this season, it automatically wins the trade for them?? dont think so

Look how mediocre they have been with Melo.

I'll dig up this thread after both teams have played at least 20 games this season

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Same thing I said the day the deal happened.

"Knicks over paid, but in basketball you always want the best player in the deal."

The End is Coming.

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast