Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver Nuggets

99 30.94%
  • New York Knicks

145 45.31%
  • Even Trade Both Teams

76 23.75%
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Now in hindsight -- Who won the Carmelo Anthony trade? Nuggets or Knicks

Knicks are off to their 2nd best franchise start, with Camelo looking like an MVP Record: 6-0

Nuggets even with Igoudala and McGee are struggling to stay above 50% Record: 4-5
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Whats the lifetime record on those teams since the trade BTW?
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Whats the lifetime record on those teams since the trade BTW?
    Games Melo has played on the Knicks, they are 49-39

Games the Nuggets have played since Melo trade the Nuggets are 56-40
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post

Denver much better, in a tougher conference, with more flexibility financially. They still won the trade as of now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Denver much better, in a tougher conference, with more flexibility financially. They still won the trade as of now.
    I don't think WIN-LOSS record is by any means an indication of who won the trade.

1) DEN was already a MUCH better team than NY when the trade was made, so its only logical that they would have a better record right after the trade. NY needed a season to replenish their roster and they did so.

2) Young guys don't stay cheap forever, DEN is capped out now after giving Chandler, Gallo & Lawson extensions. The trio of Gallo, Chandler & Mozzy combine to make $19m now, Melo's salary. I guarantee you DEN would trade that $19m trio for Melo in a heartbeat.

It was still a good trade for both teams then and now. Although TBH, Gallo & Mozzy haven't really developed much if at all like I thought they would. Gallo's shooting 37% since arriving in DEN. And CHandler has completely fallen off the face of the earth.

Keep in mind DEN got Andre Miller indirectly via that trade, and NY was able to get Tyson indirectly and Lin although he left.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 11-16-2012 at 12:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I don't think WIN-LOSS record is by any means an indication of who won the trade.

1) DEN was already a MUCH better team than NY when the trade was made, so its only logical that they would have a better record right after the trade. NY needed a season to replenish their roster and they did so.

2) Young guys don't stay cheap forever, DEN is capped out now after giving Chandler, Gallo & Lawson extensions. The trio of Gallo, Chandler & Mozzy combine to make $19m now.

It was still a good trade for both teams then and now. Although TBH, Gallo & Mozzy haven't really developed much if at all like I thought they would. Gallo's shooting 37% since arriving in DEN. And CHandler has completely fallen off the face of the earth.

Keep in mind DEN got Andre Miller indirectly via that trade, and NY was able to get Tyson indirectly and Lin although he left.

Gallo has peaked, he'll get you 15 points and 5 boards a game at best and that's it.

Mozgov isn't even played anymore. Chandler plays >15 mpg and was DNP'd by the coach last game.

It's interesting no one who says the Nuggets won actually mentions the individual players involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

2) Young guys don't stay cheap forever, DEN is capped out now after giving Chandler, Gallo & Lawson extensions. The trio of Gallo, Chandler & Mozzy combine to make $19m now, Melo's salary. I guarantee you DEN would trade that $19m trio for Melo in a heartbeat.

Essentially directly/indirectly Denver got 2 under-achieving forwards in Gallo and Wilson Chandler, and a solid back-up PG in Miller (don't even mention Mozy or the other scrubs) for a superstar in Melo and a DPOY in Tyson. Yeah, easy to give this to the Knicks.

Yeah the Nuggs gained flexabilty to make some of their subsequent moves, but as someone earlier mentioned, young players don't stay cheap for long.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post

numbers NEVER lie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRMAR72 View Post
    numbers NEVER lie
    They really don't. One team is 15-17 vs teams above .500 and the other is 25-13 against winning teams. This rough stretch isn't an excuse either because you know what, western conference teams have to deal with these brutal stretches way more than eastern teams.
    Last edited by SouthSideRookie; 03-14-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    Nuggets. One hot start for New York doesn't change that.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    The Knicks.

And that is coming from someone that is a huge Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler fan...and the Nuggets are my second favorite team.

In my opinion, the team trading a type A player (and, Yes, I think Carmelo is a type A) never makes out as good as the team trading four type C's.

The cream rises to the top.

Hopelessly Devoted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Nuggets. One hot start for New York doesn't change that.
    This. Melo has to get out the 1st round to prove me wrong.

But anyway it goes Nuggets won the trade.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvo View Post
    This. Melo has to get out the 1st round to prove me wrong.

But anyway it goes Nuggets won the trade.
    Have the Nuggets made it past the first round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Have the Nuggets made it past the first round?
    No but they're in the West and give teams a harder fight then the Knicks. I just don't believe just because they're on a hot start that they'll beat Boston or Miami in a series.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvo View Post
    No but they're in the West and give teams a harder fight then the Knicks. I just don't believe just because they're on a hot start that they'll beat Boston or Miami in a series.
    So NY has to win, but DEN gets a pass because they play in the West?

Again its not really about W/L record, DEN was better after the trade for a short while, but it was also largely in part because Billups being traded opened the door for Lawson who made them a better team.

Fact is every player DEN got from NY has been injury prone and have not performed up to expectations. So I don't see how anyone can say DEN won.

NY went from a .500 team to a top 4 team in the EAST now, DEN went from a perennial 50+ win team to an above average team.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast