Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Cubs' Garza cleared to resume offseason routine

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago Cubs say pitcher Matt Garza can resume his normal offseason routine after a scan this week showed the right-hander's pitching elbow is healing as expected.

Garza sustained v a stress reaction against St. Louis on July 21 and missed the rest of the season.

more....http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cubs-ga...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

vCash
    Good to hear. Despite the eagerness to move him and his general lack of popularity he's still the best pitcher in the organization with only one real competitor. They could use more rather than less of him.

vCash
    At this point, you might as well just sign him to an extension. You aren't going to get much back for him at the deadline next year, at least not what you would like.

vCash
    Before I like the idea of an extension, I'd really like to know more about this injury that held him out for half a season. Has it ever really came out what exactly happened?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Before I like the idea of an extension, I'd really like to know more about this injury that held him out for half a season. Has it ever really came out what exactly happened?
    I'm thought it was that he strained a ligament and while he was recovering fluid built up in his elbow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I'm thought it was that he strained a ligament and while he was recovering fluid built up in his elbow.
    oh, Ok, I didn't hear that.

vCash
    He threw a lot of baseballs overhand. That's not good on most people's arms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post

Wow, That seems to happen to Pitchers more than positional players doesnt it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Don't know if you were being sarcastic but that was your best post of the year. LOL!!!
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Yeah, we all know he probably should have been traded (if the best prospect being offered though was Turner, then I'm happy we kept him) but the return on half of a season of Garza will probably disappoint me. Since I think we will be good in 2014, I'd like to see an extension at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    Yeah, we all know he probably should have been traded (if the best prospect being offered though was Turner, then I'm happy we kept him) but the return on half of a season of Garza will probably disappoint me. Since I think we will be good in 2014, I'd like to see an extension at this point.
    My guess is that he blows out his elbow completely in ST and he doesn't even net compensation picks.

I hope on that day someone posts a Wonka pic with the caption "You get nothing!"

vCash
    Do you base this on anything? Or just a guess?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Do you base this on anything? Or just a guess?
    Just obstinate pessimism. He's had elbow problems for two straight years, and these things have a way of being "perfectly on schedule" right up until the day in early March that Kerry Wood wings a 99-mph fastball into the backstop in Arizona and loses a season.

vCash
    Fair enough.

vCash
    I still say he hurt his arm trying to avoid a runner while he covered first. I forget who it was, but Garza was about to run into the basepath and he fell backwards and used his hands to break his fall. Pretty sure that was one of the last plays he was involved in, I know it was in his last start.

That's where I feel the initial injury occurred.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast