Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Chandler

vCash
    i wouldnt add him unless he's getting 25 min a game and that wont be happening anytime soon....you have a better chance with avery bradley coming back jan 2 before you see chandler play

vCash
    Denver Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler expected to start practicing in January

Think back. When the Carmelo Anthony trade happened 22 months ago, one could have argued that the two best gets were Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler. Sure enough, Gallo is now the Nuggets' leading scorer, while Chandler, um, is he still even with the Nuggets?

Chandler's peculiar journey, which has taken him to China and under the knife, will finally take him back to the practice court. Denver expects forward Chandler, as well as backup point guard Julyan Stone, to return to practice in the first week of 2013.

Both players underwent similar hip surgeries during the summer. Chandler, whose surgery happened first, returned to the Nuggets earlier this season but played just four games, averaging 6.5 points. The 6-foot-8 forward, now 25, then sat out every game since Nov. 12 to rest and rehabilitate his hip and groin.

Asked recently about Chandler, coach George Karl said: "I don't think he's playing in the near future. He might be playing in practice (come Jan. 1)."

The Nuggets' goal is that Chandler shows sturdiness and gains confidence during practices and then Karl could gain confidence in playing him.

When Chandler arrived in Denver from New York in the February 2011 trade, he was 23 and averaging 15.3 points and 5.4 rebounds. He was also a talented wing defender. But he played through foot pain in the 2011 playoffs, then went to China during the lockout that fall.

Chandler rejoined the Nuggets in mid-March 2012 and agreed to a five-year, $37 million deal, but he suffered a hip injury and only played eight games.

As for Stone, the Nuggets front office is high on him. He's a 6-6, undrafted point guard who sees the floor well. He served as Denver's third point guard last season, and he could help spell veteran Andre Miller later this season.
    DP

vCash
    Wilson has never shown the player he was in Denver. I hope he can overcome these injuries and once again become the player he was in the past before the trade.

vCash
    Waiting very patiently for that. Nuggs nation is very testy with him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I can understand Nuggets fans being testy because of how it has gone since the trade for Wilson. The good news is if he can ever get healthy he should be able to come back and be a legit asset once again. A healthy Wilson could be a 15-5 guy with defense.

vCash
    He's going to need to shoot well for that. I believe in his midrange game though.

vCash
    He's going to need to shoot well for that. I believe in his midrange game though.
    He has a decent not great outside shot but he is a very good slasher and finisher. He is a pretty good FT shooter. As a Knick he was around 15-16 ppg. He has a knack for shot blocks as well. Hopefully he gets back to 100% this season.

vCash
    im not. hes one of my favorite players to watch. i like him more than gallo....

Where Hoping AI Comes Back Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

vCash
    Expand
    28 Dec The Denver Post ‏@denverpost
    #Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler aims for Jan. 13 return to action: http://dpo.st/ZHdinF by @dempseypost

Wilson Chandler-FNuggets

Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler participated in shootaround this morning, a very positive sign for both the player and the team as he is a little over two weeks away from a possible return to action. The forward called his on-court session this morning “real good” and is angling for a Jan. 13 return, a Nuggets home game against Golden State.

Date: 28 Dec, 02:11 PM
    http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-lat...er-162758.html

So there is a rough estimate..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    McGee+Chandler for Bogut+Thompson?
    if that trade went down, couple of days, lawson will have another trade proposal involving anyone we got in the trade lol #2knbaFranchisemode

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    Will Chandler be one of Karl's guys? Does he take away Brewers minutes once he returns to full (or close enough to it) health?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    Will Chandler be one of Karl's guys? Does he take away Brewers minutes once he returns to full (or close enough to it) health?
    A1:He will be i think.
    A2:No way!Karl will take min. from Gallo,Faried,Iggy when he is back,Brewer could start after ASG

vCash
    aaron j. Lopez ‏@lopez_nuggets
    good to see #nuggets @wilsonchandler and julyan stone going through full practice today.
    a.j.l

vCash
    I'm very excited to see Wilson Chandler get back into the lineup. I think his play dictates whether we need to make a trade. Obviously, he won't be 100, but he'll have over a month to prove that these injuries didn't affect his career too much.
    Thinking about it, our record isn't to shabby considering we've played without a player who was supposed play a crucial role on this team as the 6th man. I just really hope he has fully recovered and comes back strong. If he returns to full strength, and developes further like we all thought he would, I think starting Chandler and moving Gallo into a Manu syle bench role would benifit Gallo a lot. I'm getting wayyy ahead of things though haha.

vCash
    he should be fully rehabbed and ready to go by Jan 13. I'm going to expect rustiness (obviously) but if he looks out of shape or still hurt...not going to lie I'm going to be a little aggravated with that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast