Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 396
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    17,307
    vCash
    1500

    Chicago White Sox Offseason Thread 2.0

    1.0 http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...fseason-Thread

    Sox Christmas on Dec 9th YAY!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24,430
    vCash
    1500
    now get upton to fill the ofer need

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,663
    vCash
    1500
    So Melky will probably get at least as much as Cruz got, probably more. Im saying anything more than 4/60M is too much. The most comparable player to him was Swisher he got a 4 year deal with a 5th option. Be curious to know if the Sox have even made an offer for him yet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    188
    vCash
    1500
    Can Carlos Sanchez be adequate as our starting shortstop? Can Micah Johnson perform at an acceptable level offensively and defensively as our starting second base?
    Those are among the key question moving forward because the Sox, by KW's own admission, do not have much cash left and need to be "creative'" which translates into trading a player like Alexei to free some salary and to get a player in return that is under a reasonable contract or can be signed reasonably.

    A dream trade would be Alexei to the Dodgers for Joc Pederson. Unfortunately, the Dodgers are obviously not inclined to trade him, preferring instead to trade one of their veteran outfoelders that are under big Contracts. But if the Dodgers can't unload Kemp, Eithier, Crawford... then maybe, just maybe that would be a possibility.
    Perhaps Beane may be inclined to trade Josh Reddick. If so I am sure Rick and Kenny can come up with another package of players for him.
    Last edited by garypeters; 12-09-2014 at 03:08 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    546
    vCash
    1500
    .

    I'm surprised the A's would settle for Bassitt. That slow curve of his looks like something every lefty will eventually catch up to and kill.

    Now that we've broken ground with the A's, could we trade them Nieto, Brantly and/or Narvaez for Jaso?

    And/or could we trade them Jordan Danks, Shuck, Campana and/or Wilkins for Reddick?

    Will we sign one more righty free agent starter, like the Mariners' Chris Young?

    Could we trade Danks straight up for Lincecum? [I would]

    If we keep Danks, does anyone really think he would pitch better than Rodan as a starter?

    Should we trade Tank for Domonick Brown, or something else?

    If we trade Tank for something else, and we don't get Reddick, would Rasmus or Aoki be a better pick-up?

    Assuming Rodan starts (because he will be better than Danks), is Danks a bullpen lefty, or do we try and sign one of the likes of Outman, LeBlanc, Thatcher?

    .
    Last edited by swanekj; 12-09-2014 at 03:17 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24,430
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by swanekj View Post
    .


    Now that we've broken ground with the A's, could we trade them Nieto, Brantly and/or Narvaez for Jaso?

    And/or could we trade them Jordan Danks, Shuck, Campana and/or Wilkins for Reddick?
    i like the jaso thing;but even with the a's taking under value for their players i'd still be surprised they would take that for reddick

    Will we sign one more righty free agent starter, like the Mariners' Chris Young?
    i could see it

    If we keep Danks, does anyone really think he would pitch better than Rodan as a starter?
    nope

    Should we trade Tank for Domonick Brown, or something else?

    If we trade Tank for something else, and we don't get Reddick, would Rasmus or Aoki be a better pick-up?
    yes
    Assuming Rodan starts (because he will be better than Danks), is Danks a bullpen lefty, or do we try and sign one of the likes of Outman, LeBlanc, Thatcher?
    i read on twiiter that we are already set on rodon coming out of the pen,as we usually do when working specs into the bigs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    797
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Can Carlos Sanchez be adequate as our starting shortstop? Can Micah Johnson perform at an acceptable level offensively and defensively as our starting second base?
    Those are among the key question moving forward because the Sox, by KW's own admission, do not have much cash left and need to be "creative'" which translates into trading a player like Alexei to free some salary and to get a player in return that is under a reasonable contract or can be signed reasonably.

    A dream trade would be Alexei to the Dodgers for Joc Pederson. Unfortunately, the Dodgers are obviously not inclined to trade him, preferring instead to trade one of their veteran outfoelders that are under big Contracts. But if the Dodgers can't unload Kemp, Eithier, Crawford... then maybe, just maybe that would be a possibility.
    Perhaps Beane may be inclined to trade Josh Reddick. If so I am sure Rick and Kenny can come up with another package of players for him.
    We're sitting at what? Under 90 million for next year? We're not out of money.

    I'd be dumb to sign a closer to big money abd trade for a possible one year rental to then trade ar.

    We're going after melky. If we miss we will go after plan b by fa or trade. We will go after one more short term solution sp like young or masterson.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodridge, IL
    Posts
    3,044
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    i read on twiiter that we are already set on rodon coming out of the pen,as we usually do when working specs into the bigs.
    Coop was on the score this morning and said they haven't decided what is going to happen with Rodon yet. I think its likely he starts in AAA, and then comes up to avoid super 2 status. I guess it depends on the state of the team at that point if it is in the pen or the rotation.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    886
    vCash
    1500

    Chicago White Sox Offseason Thread 2.0

    Just noticed Dee Gordon was available, think the Sox would have any interest?
    "She's kinda cute, in a Santa Claus kinda way!"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,663
    vCash
    1500
    I can see payroll expanding to 120M or so. Sox have been in that neighborhood before. If there is just some way to dump Danks even it means eating some money would open a lot more doors. Rumor has it that Seattle is favorite to sign Melky since he is friends with Cano. Do you guys see the Sox being comfortable guaranteeing a 5th year? Might be necessary to beat out Seattle.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    74
    vCash
    500
    The more I think about it the more id rather have Aoki. He's younger, cheaper,and w him in the 2 hole behind Eaton that would be one fast 1-2 punch to setup for Abreu Avi etc. And he doesnt come w the baggage of Melky. And maybe we can dump danks on kc for him once they lose shields.
    With all that sd id still take melky

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,208
    vCash
    1500
    We need a better 5th hitter than Garcia.

    Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    546
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox View Post
    Just noticed Dee Gordon was available, think the Sox would have any interest?
    .

    Unless Ethier's salary comes with him, yes. Compared to Keppinger and Beckham, Dee Gordon is a demigod.

    .
    Last edited by swanekj; 12-09-2014 at 09:22 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    6,133
    vCash
    1500
    I want Melky Cabrera. Dude is a hitting machine when healthy.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,663
    vCash
    1500
    Agreed not sure who we could get though. If we miss on Melky would like to see resources going into trading for another bat. Has to be someway to trade Danks for a bat who is making too much money. Other than the guys in LA not sure who could be a legit option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Procision View Post
    We need a better 5th hitter than Garcia.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •