Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Matt Davidson

vCash

Matt Davidson

Hello W/ Sox fans. Can you guys please give me some scoop on this kid ? Will he start the season in the minors? Looks like he has some power but does K a ton. How is his defense? I ask because if he is just average and isn't hitting he'll never be much. maybe move to the outfield. I picked him up in a trade ( fantasy baseball ) because he is a third baseman and only has Connor Gillespe in front of him
    Last edited by JackB; 01-02-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Hello W/ Sox fans. Can you guys please give me some scoop on this kid ? Will he start the season in the minors? Looks like he has some power but does K a ton. How is his defense? I ask because if he is just average and isn't hitting he'll never be much. maybe move to the outfield. I picked him up in a trade ( fantasy baseball ) because he is a third baseman and only has Connor Gillespe in front of him
    he has potential to be an everday 3b,but regressed a ton last year.he'll be in the minors this year

personal note-you probably shouldnt have picked him up,gillespe will be the everday 3b for us for the foreseeable future

vCash
    Wow! you guys are on top of it. That was a fast reply and thanks. I didn't pick him up. He was part of a trade. We can keep up to 5 minor leaguers on our roster. They don't have to be activated until they've been up at least two weeks during the season. Sept. is a free period so even if he comes up and plays everyday he is still considered a minor leaguer unless I activate him. He doesn't cost a thing sitting in my minor league reserves.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash

Most troubling to me is that he was supposed to be a strike-out or line-drive-to-all-fields type hitter, yet only managed 18 doubles in 539 plate appearances last year. That's awful. If he hit .199 with 34 doubles that would be a different story; then, you might start thinking of him as a potential platoon player.

vCash
    it's time to trade him!

vCash
    Josh Fields 2.0

The Wizards' missing piece.

vCash
    Would be great if he were to step up and be the guy we were hoping for.........

White Sox & Redskins Forever