Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 302
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    Their last 5 seasons...

    Peyton Manning
    1781-2650 (67.21%), 19,947 yards (7.53 Y/A), 145 TDs (5.47%), 65 INT (2.45%), 97.5 rating, 72 sacks, 14 fumbles

    Tom Brady
    1726-2604 (66.28%), 20,984 yards (8.06 Y/A), 171 TDs (6.57%), 40 INT (1.54%), 106.4 rating, 109 sacks, 21 fumbles

    Drew Brees
    1922-2838 (67.72%), 22,400 yards (7.89 Y/A), 172 TDs (6.06%), 73 INT (2.57%), 100.9 rating, 98 sacks, 31 fumbles

    Aaron Rodgers
    1565-2381 (65.73%), 19,420 yards (8.16 Y/A), 156 TDs (6.55%), 42 INT (1.76%), 105.3 rating, 180 sacks, 30 fumbles

    Rodgers is the best in only one category... yards per attempt.
    if your going to add sacks/fumbles you need to add rushing and rushing touchdowns as well

    1300 yards rushing and 16 touchdowns....I guess his mobility and ability to run with the ball better than everyone out side of Vick means nothing right? He is probably the best or top 2 passer in the league while having the added ability to run and get away from pressure..... But that means nothing because the other Qbs do not have that correct?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-17-2012 at 10:19 PM.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    21,028
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    I remember when I was the only Packer fan who criticized Favre for his selfishness and tendency to choke games away. This was well before 2008. Yet everyone denied it and deluded themselves into believing he was the best QB ever. Funny how many came around to my view once he was no longer wearing green and gold. Same thing will happen to Rodgers if he ever goes elsewhere. Then the true feelings will come out.
    lol whatever dude all you do is hate. Why don't you go and become a Peyton Manning fan since you like him so much? All you do is ***** about Rodgers instead of appreciating the good things he has done for this team. I am soooo sorry Rodgers isn't your type. You can continue to be upset that he is our QB and i will continue to enjoy the great things he has been doing for us.



  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    Dumb things said in this thread:

    Peyton being the only elite qb.

    Rodgers being on a world of his own the last 4/5 year.

    And my favriote...... Eli and Big Ben being elite. Hahahahahahhah wow.

    Also, any giants/steelers fan that says Eli and Ben are elite cause of rings, way ti disrespect your defences.
    Quote Originally Posted by latinofire21 View Post
    Maybe if the Bulls can get healthy they can surpass the hawks but other than that I dont see them cracking the top 4 spots in the east based on Pure record. Obviously they will have a higher spot because they are in a weak division but record wise they wont crack the top 4 by seasons end.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Sacks and fumbles? Awesome yeah he is just beasting it alright.
    He is.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    735
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    These last few years, the Elite word has been thrown around alot. Every year there is a new QB added or deleted from the " Elite" list. IMO, there is only one true ELITE QB. His name is PEYTON MANNING. And before everybody start throwing all these stats from other QBs at me, Im not going off stats. Im also factoring in other things that the other QBs benefited that Peyton didnt necessarily get to benefit from.

    -Peyton started from day one, obviously on a bad team hence the # 1 pick. Didnt get a chance to sit and learn from watching. Was thrown into the fire from the get go. Starting having real success in just his second year in the league.

    -Peyton didnt have the luxury on playing for an "offensive mind" HC who's QBs typically have better numbers then QBs with defensive minded HCs.

    -Peyton, while having two great RBs never really had a very good team running game or very good O-Line as a whole. I think he often made the line look better than they were even with a terrific O-Line coach.

    -Peyton never the benefit of a dominating defense to carry him. He had a few good situational defenses that could protect a lead but not one that would go out and win a game had he had an off game.

    -Peyton, IMO, is the only one who "owns" his offense. I think the other so called " ELITE" QB are almost interchangeable. Brees, Rogers, Brady all could switch teams and that offensive would still operate the same. Brady's offense was Weis and McDaniels, Brees had a couple decent years under Schottenheimer but he became DREW BREES under Payton and Rodgers is under McCarthy. I dont believe that they would have the same success if they did what Peyton does. Just my opinion.

    So here is how I list them( and Im not being a homer for Peyton, Giants fan here)

    Peyton - ELITE

    Brady,Rodgers,Brees - VERY VERY GOOD

    Big Ben - Im kinda stuck with him. He's between VERY VERY GOOD and GOOD

    Eli,Romo,Ryan,Cutler,Flacco,Rivers - GOOD

    The rest are a combination of up and comers,average and below average to me.

    Just how I feel. Thoughts?
    manning had an excellent running game for many years with the colts. edgerrin james led the league in rushing his first two years in the league. manning is the second least sacked qb in nfl history based on attempts. he had a great o line. That feat is not possible without one. manning has had something that none of the other qbs you mentioned have and for that matter few if any in any nfl history....2 hall of fame ability wrs, hall of fame ability rb and being 2nd least sacked qb in nfl history.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,508
    vCash
    1500
    So last year the nfl had zero elite QB since peyton manning was hurt?

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    21,028
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    He is.
    Because he is leading in the sacks and fumbles category? We are talking about the past 5 years and if you look at the stats he posted he definitely isn't beasting it over everyone else. He also failed to write down rushing yards and rushing TD's as if they don't even matter.



  8. #158
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    These last few years, the Elite word has been thrown around alot. Every year there is a new QB added or deleted from the " Elite" list. IMO, there is only one true ELITE QB. His name is PEYTON MANNING. And before everybody start throwing all these stats from other QBs at me, Im not going off stats. Im also factoring in other things that the other QBs benefited that Peyton didnt necessarily get to benefit from.

    -Peyton started from day one, obviously on a bad team hence the # 1 pick. Didnt get a chance to sit and learn from watching. Was thrown into the fire from the get go. Starting having real success in just his second year in the league.

    -Peyton didnt have the luxury on playing for an "offensive mind" HC who's QBs typically have better numbers then QBs with defensive minded HCs.

    -Peyton, while having two great RBs never really had a very good team running game or very good O-Line as a whole. I think he often made the line look better than they were even with a terrific O-Line coach.

    -Peyton never the benefit of a dominating defense to carry him. He had a few good situational defenses that could protect a lead but not one that would go out and win a game had he had an off game.

    -Peyton, IMO, is the only one who "owns" his offense. I think the other so called " ELITE" QB are almost interchangeable. Brees, Rogers, Brady all could switch teams and that offensive would still operate the same. Brady's offense was Weis and McDaniels, Brees had a couple decent years under Schottenheimer but he became DREW BREES under Payton and Rodgers is under McCarthy. I dont believe that they would have the same success if they did what Peyton does. Just my opinion.

    So here is how I list them( and Im not being a homer for Peyton, Giants fan here)

    Peyton - ELITE

    Brady,Rodgers,Brees - VERY VERY GOOD

    Big Ben - Im kinda stuck with him. He's between VERY VERY GOOD and GOOD

    Eli,Romo,Ryan,Cutler,Flacco,Rivers - GOOD

    The rest are a combination of up and comers,average and below average to me.

    Just how I feel. Thoughts?
    Since your not going off stats Blaine Gabert and Brandon weeden are elite too yay!!!!

    Michael Wacha

    5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    21,028
    vCash
    500
    According to the stats DRS provided PM has thrown 11 less TD's as Rodgers and has thrown 23 more INT's then Rodgers has. Rodgers has a higher QB rating by 8% and is only roughly 2% lower in completion percentage, but yeah he is wayyyy better then him or any QB the he listed for that matter.
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 11-18-2012 at 12:33 AM.



  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Because he is leading in the sacks and fumbles category? We are talking about the past 5 years and if you look at the stats he posted he definitely isn't beasting it over everyone else. He also failed to write down rushing yards and rushing TD's as if they don't even matter.
    I could care less about the stats posted or the opinion of the OP. For you to insinuate that Manning hasn't, isn't and won't "beast it" is silly.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    21,028
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I could care less about the stats posted or the opinion of the OP. For you to insinuate that Manning hasn't, isn't and won't "beast it" is silly.
    I didn't say he wasn't but he isn't way better then everyone else like some are saying



  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Third Heaven
    Posts
    1,011
    vCash
    1500
    Peyton is elite only in the regular season.
    -A chunk of brimstone that rained down from Heaven

    "GOD condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned them into ashes, making them an ensample to those that live ungodly lives... (2 Peter 2:6)."

    The word "ensample" in the Greek language means:a visible example, something that can be witnessed in the physical universe.

    Check out more visible examples at

    http://www.arkdiscovery.com/index2.htm
    http://michaelrood.tv/


  13. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,156
    vCash
    1500
    I cannot believe that this thread is still ongoing.

    PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,051
    vCash
    1500

    There is only 1 ELITE QB in the NFL,period.

    Peyton played most of his career in a dome, where rodgers and brady played there whole career in the elements

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    peyton manning is good at football
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •