Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

There is only 1 ELITE QB in the NFL,period.

These last few years, the Elite word has been thrown around alot. Every year there is a new QB added or deleted from the " Elite" list. IMO, there is only one true ELITE QB. His name is PEYTON MANNING. And before everybody start throwing all these stats from other QBs at me, Im not going off stats. Im also factoring in other things that the other QBs benefited that Peyton didnt necessarily get to benefit from.

-Peyton started from day one, obviously on a bad team hence the # 1 pick. Didnt get a chance to sit and learn from watching. Was thrown into the fire from the get go. Starting having real success in just his second year in the league.

-Peyton didnt have the luxury on playing for an "offensive mind" HC who's QBs typically have better numbers then QBs with defensive minded HCs.

-Peyton, while having two great RBs never really had a very good team running game or very good O-Line as a whole. I think he often made the line look better than they were even with a terrific O-Line coach.

-Peyton never the benefit of a dominating defense to carry him. He had a few good situational defenses that could protect a lead but not one that would go out and win a game had he had an off game.

-Peyton, IMO, is the only one who "owns" his offense. I think the other so called " ELITE" QB are almost interchangeable. Brees, Rogers, Brady all could switch teams and that offensive would still operate the same. Brady's offense was Weis and McDaniels, Brees had a couple decent years under Schottenheimer but he became DREW BREES under Payton and Rodgers is under McCarthy. I dont believe that they would have the same success if they did what Peyton does. Just my opinion.

So here is how I list them( and Im not being a homer for Peyton, Giants fan here)

Peyton - ELITE

Brady,Rodgers,Brees - VERY VERY GOOD

Big Ben - Im kinda stuck with him. He's between VERY VERY GOOD and GOOD

Eli,Romo,Ryan,Cutler,Flacco,Rivers - GOOD

The rest are a combination of up and comers,average and below average to me.

Just how I feel. Thoughts?
    Last edited by elledaddy; 11-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    I hate Tom Brady, but let's be serious now if we are gonna use the word Elite he HAS to be in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    I hate Tom Brady, but let's be serious now if we are gonna use the word Elite he HAS to be in it.
    Thank you.

vCash
    What is the definition of Elite?

The conversation can not be had until there is a unversal accepting of the term.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    What is the definition of Elite?

The conversation can not be had until there is a unversal accepting of the term.

Top 5 imo = elite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post

Top 5 imo = elite
    IMO its the top tier of players at a position.

Brady, Brees, and Manning are in that top tier, Rodgers is working his way in, Eli and Ben are in the second tier along with a few others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post

Brady, Brees, and Manning are in that top tier, Rodgers is working his way in, Eli and Ben are in the second tier along with a few others.
    Lol.... This is fail... None of these guys have been better than Rodgers over the last 3 years and no Qb has ever done what Rodgers is doing over his first 4 years as a starter...Again how can someone be the best in the world at their position and not be the first name on that list?

There is no working his way in...He is there and ahead of everyone else on said list.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post

Rodgers working his way in? Lol he has been elite and arguably the best player in the entire nfl for a few seasons now.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post

Top 5 imo = elite
    Well, I disagree.

I expect grouping according to status rather than an arbitrary number. An example is for several years there were 2 QB that were considered the best. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. That is 2 at the top. Drew Brees joined that group and that made 3. Aaron Rodgers joined that group and that makes 4. The point is if there is 2, 3, 4, 5, or even 6 guys with top tier ability so be it. If the next group has 4, 5, 6 or more so be it. Rate according to equivalent talent level groping rather than an arbitrary number grouping.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    In terms of what he brings to the team it's pretty obvious Peyton is the best (Brady, Rodgers, and Brees homers may disagree but it's true - and this comes from a Saints fan). However that's not to say those other QBs aren't elite as well or that they can't be as successful. Peyton is the only QB we've seen that is basically his own offensive coordinator - and given the way the league is moving he may be the last.

vCash
    oh good another Elite thread yaaah
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    no Gabbert ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    no Gabbert ??
    lol
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash