Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

There is only 1 ELITE QB in the NFL,period.

These last few years, the Elite word has been thrown around alot. Every year there is a new QB added or deleted from the " Elite" list. IMO, there is only one true ELITE QB. His name is PEYTON MANNING. And before everybody start throwing all these stats from other QBs at me, Im not going off stats. Im also factoring in other things that the other QBs benefited that Peyton didnt necessarily get to benefit from.

-Peyton started from day one, obviously on a bad team hence the # 1 pick. Didnt get a chance to sit and learn from watching. Was thrown into the fire from the get go. Starting having real success in just his second year in the league.

-Peyton didnt have the luxury on playing for an "offensive mind" HC who's QBs typically have better numbers then QBs with defensive minded HCs.

-Peyton, while having two great RBs never really had a very good team running game or very good O-Line as a whole. I think he often made the line look better than they were even with a terrific O-Line coach.

-Peyton never the benefit of a dominating defense to carry him. He had a few good situational defenses that could protect a lead but not one that would go out and win a game had he had an off game.

-Peyton, IMO, is the only one who "owns" his offense. I think the other so called " ELITE" QB are almost interchangeable. Brees, Rogers, Brady all could switch teams and that offensive would still operate the same. Brady's offense was Weis and McDaniels, Brees had a couple decent years under Schottenheimer but he became DREW BREES under Payton and Rodgers is under McCarthy. I dont believe that they would have the same success if they did what Peyton does. Just my opinion.

So here is how I list them( and Im not being a homer for Peyton, Giants fan here)

Peyton - ELITE

Brady,Rodgers,Brees - VERY VERY GOOD

Big Ben - Im kinda stuck with him. He's between VERY VERY GOOD and GOOD

Eli,Romo,Ryan,Cutler,Flacco,Rivers - GOOD

The rest are a combination of up and comers,average and below average to me.

Just how I feel. Thoughts?
    Last edited by elledaddy; 11-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    I hate Tom Brady, but let's be serious now if we are gonna use the word Elite he HAS to be in it.

vCash
    What is the definition of Elite?

The conversation can not be had until there is a unversal accepting of the term.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    In terms of what he brings to the team it's pretty obvious Peyton is the best (Brady, Rodgers, and Brees homers may disagree but it's true - and this comes from a Saints fan). However that's not to say those other QBs aren't elite as well or that they can't be as successful. Peyton is the only QB we've seen that is basically his own offensive coordinator - and given the way the league is moving he may be the last.

vCash
    oh good another Elite thread yaaah
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    no Gabbert ??

vCash
    I stopped listening after "I'm not going off stats"

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    I have my idea of what elite means.

That said, for a QB to separate and be so far above the others, which is what you assert, even with missing a year, since 2009 Peyton Manning threw 39 INTs good for 14th in that time frame. That is a lot. This isn't a criticism just a statement that he has his flaws as well.

There are 4 guys that have played at a level of continued success in the NFL in the last few years and are at the top of their game, they are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Elite right now are Peyton and Brady

The next close one to be elite is Rodgers

Brees used to be elite but not anymore

Eli, Big Ben, etc will never be elite, just really good QB's playing for a really good team especially defensively

And it's too early to tell for some of the rookie QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    I stopped listening after "I'm not going off stats"
    This. OP's argument rendered invalid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    These last few years, the Elite word has been thrown around alot. Every year there is a new QB added or deleted from the " Elite" list. IMO, there is only one true ELITE QB. His name is PEYTON MANNING. And before everybody start throwing all these stats from other QBs at me, Im not going off stats. Im also factoring in other things that the other QBs benefited that Peyton didnt necessarily get to benefit from.

-Peyton started from day one, obviously on a bad team hence the # 1 pick. Didnt get a chance to sit and learn from watching. Was thrown into the fire from the get go.

-Peyton didnt have the luxary on playing for an "offensive mind" HC who's QBs tipically have better numbers then QBs with defensive minded HCs.

-Peyton, while having two great RBs never realy had a very good team running game or very good O-Line as a whole. I think he often made the line look better than they were even with a terrifc O-Line coach.

-Peyton never the benefit of a dominating defense to carry him. He had a few good situational defenses that could protect a lead but not one that would go out and win a game had he had an off game.

-Peyton, IMO, is the only one who "owns" his offense. I think the other so called " ELITE" QB are almost interchangeable. Brees, Rogers, Brady all could switch teams and that offensive would still operate the same. Brady's offense was Weis and McDaniels, Brees had a couple decent years under Schottenheimer but he became DREW BREES under Payton and Rodgers is under McCarthy. I dont believe that they would have the same success if they did what Peyton does. Just my opinion.

So here is how I list them( and Im not being a homer for Peyton, Giants fan here)

Peyton - ELITE

Brady,Rodgers,Brees - VERY VERY GOOD

Big Ben - Im kinda stuck with him. He's between VERY VERY GOOD and GOOD

Eli,Romo,Ryan,Cutler,Flacco,Rivers - GOOD

The rest are a combination of up and comers,average and below average to me.

Just how I feel. Thoughts?
    Ummmm...... No. He played with some great offensive lines actually. In 2004 (the year of his first MVP) he had Tarik Glenn, Rick DeMulling, Jeff Saturday, Tupe Peko, and Ryan Diem who only allowed 13 sacks all year. He also played with Marshall Faulk, and Edgerrin James, two elite backs. James lead the league in rushing in 2 seasons with Peyton, and rushed for over 1,500 yards 4 times with him.

To me right now the elite QBs right now are Rodgers, and Brady, with Peyton as borderline.
    Last edited by NYYCowboys; 11-16-2012 at 12:26 PM.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Rodgers is without question elite, he makes all the players around him better. Greg Jennings out with injury? No problem, I'll help turn Cobb into a hell of a player. Going by the standards that you have gone with, he also doesn't have a good offensive line and the back situation has been riddled with injuries.

vCash
    Tom Brady looks at his 3 Super Bowl rings, 2 MVPs, Numerous NFL records, smoking hot wife and laughs at you OP

vCash
    Matt Cassel is elite.

vCash
    I wonder how Tom Brady got left out of this?

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast