Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting 5

vCash

Starting 5

I heard one of the announcers on TNT (yay I got to watch 2 games in a row) mention that it might be wise when Wallace gets back to either not starting him or starting him at the 4. His logic was it opens up Lopez more if you have Bogans or maybe even Watson in the starting lineup to establish that inside out game more efficiently. What do you guys think? Would you prefer to see Wallace off the bench, Wallace start at the 3, or start at the 4? Do you think that Avery would implement this?
    Ballin-

vCash
    I'd like to start Wallace over Hump honestly. It def opens up everything. Hump just clogs up space on offense most of the time.

vCash
    We would have too many backup bigs if we benched Hump. Someone would have to get moved.

Crunch-time you were certainly see Wallace at the 4 though.

vCash
    Not only does Wallace at the 4 improve the offense but it def improves the defense as well.

vCash
    We will get crushed on the boards though

vCash
    walace said he doesnt like playing 4 alot, plus rebounding would be weak

vCash
    Williams-Johnson-Wallace-Evans-Lopez
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    It is a real tough decision. If you start Wallace at the 3, regardless of if you have Evans or Hump at the 4 you lose some the that space advantage for Lopez and in a sense some offensive flow, but gain a really good defensive 3 and a really good RB 4.

If you start Wallace at the 4 you will lose a lot of RB, but you might gain a better offensive flow.

If you have Wallace as our 6th man and keep our lineup the way it is, our RB goes down a little bit 'cause Wallace is our best RB 3, they can establish our in and out game earlier, but lose out on having our, probably, best defensive player at the start of the game. Regardless though I think he will get his minutes. I am thinking that this might be our best option.

Any word on if Wallace is going to be back for Sunday's game?
    Ballin-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin-Shhhh View Post
    Any word on if Wallace is going be back for Sunday's game?
    Apparently against Sacramento, Avery's been saying that since the beginning of the week.

As for the starting five. It's the best we have right now. Evans and Hump are the same type of player Hump's offense is slightly better. Obviously in a year or two Marshon should take over the SG spot.

Now that we start winning, it should rub off on the players as well and they should play with more aggression. At the beginning of the Celtics game Hump was too scared to shoot a jumper from the post when we were 2 on 1, but eventually he started sinking them. Eventually Lopez will do the same allowing us to score in a variety of ways. The Celtics win was big, especially since its early in the season. Things will get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    walace said he doesnt like playing 4 alot, plus rebounding would be weak
    Sacrifice in 1 area but improve in 2 others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Sacrifice in 1 area but improve in 2 others.
    Maybe you are underestimating how bad Brook is on the boards and how important rebounds are in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    I would break up Lopez and hump somehow. Together our interior defense and rotations suffer too much. Time to start Evans Imo.
    Scott Stevens: "Luck is a combination of hard work and perseverance, I tend to think that I make my own luck"

vCash
    or blatche.

vCash
    I think we should give the Deron-Johnson-Wallace-Hump-Lopez lineup more than 1 game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by netsgiantsyanks View Post
    or blatche.
    This

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast