Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cardinals go retro with new jersey

By introducing an alternate jersey for the 2013 season with a script “St. Louis” on the front, the Cardinals are breaking from tradition by revisiting it.

For the first time in 80 years, the Cardinals will have a jersey that features the name of the city and not the ballclub. At a news conference this morning at Busch Stadium, the club will unveil a series of incremental changes to the home and road uniforms, and ownership will introduce a third jersey, to be worn for Saturday home games. The Cardinals are the 27th team in baseball to use an alternate jersey, leaving only the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Detroit Tigers as the classic two-jersey teams.

“Yes, it’s traditional. And if you ask me should we stay in that elite company of having home whites and road grays, I would say we should, but … ” President Bill DeWitt III said. “Look at this (third) jersey. I see it and think, ‘We’ve got to wear that thing.’ ”
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...e_hOY.facebook

I like it.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    yeah they look good to me

vCash
    Hmm, no picture is coming up for me with the article?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I'm just glad we're changing things up a bit. Alternate uni's have been a long time coming
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    I like them. Same feel as our current jersey and very classic looking.

I don't like the idea though of wearing our red caps on the road.

While I think everyone loves the red caps I've always liked the navy

vCash
    i like them

vCash
    I love them. Im not even a Cardinals fan but I think their really classy and retro. Not obnoxious eye-sores like a lot of teams are getting now a days

vCash
    How do you guys feel about them getting rid of the navy road cap? I've always liked it. Gonna have to go pick one up from Lids at the mall before they run out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicksAllDay View Post
    How do you guys feel about them getting rid of the navy road cap? I've always liked it. Gonna have to go pick one up from Lids at the mall before they run out.
    Don't worry they aren't completely gone. There are quite a few scenarios we will still wear them.

If the opposing team is wearing reds caps we will, there is talk of them being road Sunday hats, get away day hats and several others options.

They won't be as frequent but I have a feeling we will see them at least 45 games this year

vCash
    I'm with you Skippy. I wear my navy hat much more often that I wear the red one.

vCash
    Yeah I love our navy caps. I really would prefer us to wear them on the road over the red. I love the red hat more but doesn't that red had just have the at home feeling? It kinda goes against how we wear the clean white color with the red hat and then on the road wear the darker colors