Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 123
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,225
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Ireland supporter. Ireland had one offseason to surround talent and transition a ground and pound team to a WCO. To transition a 3-4 defense into a hybrid 4-3.

    Fans need to give the guy another offseason to prove himself.

    There's a lot of contracts to resign or decline and walk. If Ireland decides to let some of these guys to walk then he'll be able to shape this team to the coaches strength.
    Ireland has been here since 2008. He has had plenty of years to get talent into this team and all he has done is bring in a bunch of "solid" guys. He has had enough offseasons.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Ireland has been here since 2008. He has had plenty of years to get talent into this team and all he has done is bring in a bunch of "solid" guys. He has had enough offseasons.
    That's funny because you were singing a different tune when Parcells was here. You're the guy who kept saying stuff like "BP won't draft a WR in the first round", "I can see us drafting this guy since he's a BP type player", etc....

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,225
    vCash
    1200
    Yea yea, even so. He has been in charge since the 2010 season so thats two years and nata.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yea yea, even so. He has been in charge since the 2010 season so thats two years and nata.
    The exact date is September 7 2010. And how can a GM change a team in 2 years. Are you going to give-up on our new GM(if we hire one) in two years if we're still a mediocre team.
    Last edited by godolphins; 11-16-2012 at 07:09 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,225
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    The exact date is September 7 2010. And how can a GM change a team in 2 years. Are you going to give-up on our new GM(if we hire one) in two years if we're still a mediocre team.
    What improvement if any have you seen in two seasons?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    What improvement if any have you seen in two seasons?
    HC: Joe Philbin
    Elite center: Mike Pouncey
    Playmaker: Reggie Bush
    Potential Franchise QB: Ryan Tannehill
    Explosive KR/PR: Tyler Thigpen
    Potential playmaker: Lamar Miller

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    I love how much you flip flop on this ****, and there are many witnesses. When praising Ireland, you say "He was the GM at the time so he deserves credit, he was apart of the decision making process" and then you bring up all the talented players that have been drafted or signed in FA, and now you're saying he's only been in charge for two years. This is beyond ridiculous. You tried to make te case that this team was awful due to Sparano, and now with a new coaching staff and new players (again brought in by Ireland) this team is just as awful. Our rookie QB and HC have Davone Bess and Briant Hartline to work with at WR. Just think about that for a second. Then remind yourself that he also gave him Legadu Naanee, Anthony Armstrong, Chad Johnson, and Jabar Gaffney who can't even stay healthy. Amazing.

    It's truly dumbfounding that people want to stick with a guy to rebuild a team who has already tried to rebuild this team once, unsuccessfully. I give up, it's as if you people have come so accustomed to mediocrity that you actually enjoy it.

    Ireland has to go.

    Who will replace him? I don't ****ing know, but they can't be much worse than Ireland.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,225
    vCash
    1200
    These past three weeks have shown me Joe Philbin is having problems getting his team to be prepared and play with effort, we all know as well Ross wanted him not Ireland anyways.

    A center taken that high in the draft needs to play like a top 5 C, still would not call him elite being he has come back down to earth in these last few games.

    Bush has done nothing all season but for his game vs the Raiders, witch wasn't that great when we find out there run D is horrific.

    Potential is there, not sure Mike Sherman is the best guy to help him along.

    Thigpen has been a good signing, but great KR/PR guys come and go on every team in the league.

    Miller is so bad in pass protection and can't even learn the playbook to get on the field. I like how he runs and feel he will be out starter next season but he must fix those things to get on the field.


    So let me get this stright, Ireland in two years has gotten us a great C, great return guy, a backup RB, a RB who can't do anything, and a QB who may or may not be out future. Great work...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    These past three weeks have shown me Joe Philbin is having problems getting his team to be prepared and play with effort, we all know as well Ross wanted him not Ireland anyways.

    A center taken that high in the draft needs to play like a top 5 C, still would not call him elite being he has come back down to earth in these last few games.

    Bush has done nothing all season but for his game vs the Raiders, witch wasn't that great when we find out there run D is horrific.

    Potential is there, not sure Mike Sherman is the best guy to help him along.

    Thigpen has been a good signing, but great KR/PR guys come and go on every team in the league.

    Miller is so bad in pass protection and can't even learn the playbook to get on the field. I like how he runs and feel he will be out starter next season but he must fix those things to get on the field.


    So let me get this stright, Ireland in two years has gotten us a great C, great return guy, a backup RB, a RB who can't do anything, and a QB who may or may not be out future. Great work...
    You did a good job flipping this around

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,225
    vCash
    1200
    I'm just stunned anyone can defend Jeff Ireland. EVERYONE on every other team would want him fired if he was in charge of there team.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I'm just stunned anyone can defend Jeff Ireland. EVERYONE on every other team would want him fired if he was in charge of there team.
    These people enjoy mediocrity and they feel vindicated when Ross keeps him. The problem is that drafting Tannehill gave Ireland another year.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,159
    vCash
    1500
    First of all Jeff Ireland is a clone of Bill Parcells. Regardless of who was making decisions pre 2010 Ireland was and is a Parcell guy. Under the watch of Parcell/Ireland we have 1 winning season. IMO that was due to the fact we had one of the easiest schedules in football and Tom Brady was out for the year.

    You can't go this long in the FO, not win, and keep your job. I don't care if he drafted pro bowlers at every position. If you are not winning football games here is the door.

    Jeff Ireland has done nothing to keep his job and like I said in the game thread he has very few crutches on this team that he can use to keep his job. Tanny and Bush being the two major players. Well guess what? Reggie Bush has not only been awful this year, but our head coach benched him. Now to me that type of things goes beyond on field play. I wouldn't be surprised if something was going on in practice.

    As far as who should replace him goes who the hell knows. It is impossible to even make an assumption right now because we are in the middle of the year and we don't know who will have permission to talk to teams in the off season. I will tell you that this draft coming up because of the amount of picks we have is very important. No more filling holes. We need to take the best player available at every pick. I am tried of watching these average players starting on this team just because they were a need when are number was called.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    600
    vCash
    1500
    put ME as GM Onorio Nicholas Reyes i have 12 years of experience by playin madden nd im guarnteed to win a superbowl with my knowledge of draftin key players and the game
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

    Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)


    Players I HOPE we Draft

    Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,225
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    These people enjoy mediocrity and they feel vindicated when Ross keeps him. The problem is that drafting Tannehill gave Ireland another year.
    One reason I did not want Tannehill. As soon as that pick came in knew he would be with us for at least one more season.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    One reason I did not want Tannehill. As soon as that pick came in knew he would be with us for at least one more season.
    You hate Ireland so much that you didn't want us to draft a guy who can one day become our franchise QB. What will you do if Tannehill becomes a great QB and Ireland ends up being our GM for another 10 years?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •