Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 123
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,216
    vCash
    1500
    Yes but we needed a QB, we had Mike Sherman as OC, and Philbin trusts Sherman, and Tannehill was a good fit. He would've been the pick, especially seeing as the fans would've crucified whoever the GM was for not drafting a QB.

    And thanks for that link, been looking for a list.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,216
    vCash
    1500
    Marc Ross & Brian Gutekurst sound the best from that link; Marc sounds like the best option, but Brian would have familiarity with Philbin and would know how to build the team for him, however, I can't see Philbin saying "go get him" because of his loyalty to the Packers. Eric DeCosta obviously sounds good, but seeing as he's going to be the eventual successor to Ozzie Newsome, he's unlikely to leave the Ravens like the link says.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    15,793
    vCash
    500
    I really can't blame Ireland for this year, it's a transition year from an old garbage system and staff to something completely different.

    Irelands record in Mia is spotty at best, but he set us up well for next off season, and that will make or break him in Miami. BUT, if pioli gets the boot, I make serious consideration to bringing him in asap.


    Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,247
    vCash
    1500
    I would tell Ireland to fire himself if we have chance to bring in Eric DeCosta, Marc Ross or Brian Gutekunst.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,129
    vCash
    1500
    i would keep Ireland over any potential GM that was mentioned. idk why people like Pioli or any of these others mentioned. Ireland is actually one of the top GM's in the league right now. has he made a few bad moves or draft picks sure but everyone does. Ireland's biggest mistakes are still the Dez Bryant incident and trading Marshall and Davis. Marshall and Davis were traded bc of Philbin so they are on him and Ireland didnt want Philbin. if Ross let Ireland have the coach he wanted Marshall and Davis would still be here. if Philbin wasnt here than Sherman wouldnt be here. so while some say Tannehill still would be the pick if Ireland wasnt the GM i disagree bc Ireland wanted Tannehill before Philbin or Sherman were blimps on the radar screen. Sherman wouldnt be here to try to convince the new GM to take a chance on him if Ireland wasnt here. i believe if Ireland wasnt here that we would have got our starting QB in free agency
    Take Notes Rook

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,871
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would keep Ireland over any potential GM that was mentioned. idk why people like Pioli or any of these others mentioned. Ireland is actually one of the top GM's in the league right now. has he made a few bad moves or draft picks sure but everyone does. Ireland's biggest mistakes are still the Dez Bryant incident and trading Marshall and Davis. Marshall and Davis were traded bc of Philbin so they are on him and Ireland didnt want Philbin. if Ross let Ireland have the coach he wanted Marshall and Davis would still be here. if Philbin wasnt here than Sherman wouldnt be here. so while some say Tannehill still would be the pick if Ireland wasnt the GM i disagree bc Ireland wanted Tannehill before Philbin or Sherman were blimps on the radar screen. Sherman wouldnt be here to try to convince the new GM to take a chance on him if Ireland wasnt here. i believe if Ireland wasnt here that we would have got our starting QB in free agency







  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    19,818
    vCash
    1200

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post






    lol nice. i think he is. everyone says he isnt based on him not drafting playmakers yet he hasnt been in position to draft any yet. the 2013 nfl draft will be the first yr that he has been in position to do so
    Take Notes Rook

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,216
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah...because last draft when we were in dire need of a receiver, Ireland didnt skip over any play-making receivers...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,125
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    lol nice. i think he is. everyone says he isnt based on him not drafting playmakers yet he hasnt been in position to draft any yet. the 2013 nfl draft will be the first yr that he has been in position to do so
    I think he sucks because we are continuously losing more games than winning them.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    1777
    i see Gutekunst as a viable candidate

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Yeah...because last draft when we were in dire need of a receiver, Ireland didnt skip over any play-making receivers...
    he skipped over one and thats it and thats Alshon but i think they passed him for 2 reasons. 1 bc they needed a RT badly and 2 bc of Philbin. any WR in the 1st round doesnt count bc he got us a QB
    Take Notes Rook

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I think he sucks because we are continuously losing more games than winning them.
    thats bc we were so bad. we are trying to build from 1-16 and Ireland has had many different guys get in his way of building this team the way he likes including Ross and Philbin. he can only do so much in 2 yrs with people in his way
    Take Notes Rook

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,125
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    thats bc we were so bad. we are trying to build from 1-16 and Ireland has had many different guys get in his way of building this team the way he likes including Ross and Philbin. he can only do so much in 2 yrs with people in his way
    Give me a break.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,129
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Give me a break.
    Ireland's record of bringing in good players speak for itself.
    Take Notes Rook

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •