Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yes but we needed a QB, we had Mike Sherman as OC, and Philbin trusts Sherman, and Tannehill was a good fit. He would've been the pick, especially seeing as the fans would've crucified whoever the GM was for not drafting a QB.

And thanks for that link, been looking for a list.

vCash
    Marc Ross & Brian Gutekurst sound the best from that link; Marc sounds like the best option, but Brian would have familiarity with Philbin and would know how to build the team for him, however, I can't see Philbin saying "go get him" because of his loyalty to the Packers. Eric DeCosta obviously sounds good, but seeing as he's going to be the eventual successor to Ozzie Newsome, he's unlikely to leave the Ravens like the link says.

vCash
    I really can't blame Ireland for this year, it's a transition year from an old garbage system and staff to something completely different.

Irelands record in Mia is spotty at best, but he set us up well for next off season, and that will make or break him in Miami. BUT, if pioli gets the boot, I make serious consideration to bringing him in asap.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    I would tell Ireland to fire himself if we have chance to bring in Eric DeCosta, Marc Ross or Brian Gutekunst.

vCash
    i would keep Ireland over any potential GM that was mentioned. idk why people like Pioli or any of these others mentioned. Ireland is actually one of the top GM's in the league right now. has he made a few bad moves or draft picks sure but everyone does. Ireland's biggest mistakes are still the Dez Bryant incident and trading Marshall and Davis. Marshall and Davis were traded bc of Philbin so they are on him and Ireland didnt want Philbin. if Ross let Ireland have the coach he wanted Marshall and Davis would still be here. if Philbin wasnt here than Sherman wouldnt be here. so while some say Tannehill still would be the pick if Ireland wasnt the GM i disagree bc Ireland wanted Tannehill before Philbin or Sherman were blimps on the radar screen. Sherman wouldnt be here to try to convince the new GM to take a chance on him if Ireland wasnt here. i believe if Ireland wasnt here that we would have got our starting QB in free agency
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would keep Ireland over any potential GM that was mentioned. idk why people like Pioli or any of these others mentioned. Ireland is actually one of the top GM's in the league right now. has he made a few bad moves or draft picks sure but everyone does. Ireland's biggest mistakes are still the Dez Bryant incident and trading Marshall and Davis. Marshall and Davis were traded bc of Philbin so they are on him and Ireland didnt want Philbin. if Ross let Ireland have the coach he wanted Marshall and Davis would still be here. if Philbin wasnt here than Sherman wouldnt be here. so while some say Tannehill still would be the pick if Ireland wasnt the GM i disagree bc Ireland wanted Tannehill before Philbin or Sherman were blimps on the radar screen. Sherman wouldnt be here to try to convince the new GM to take a chance on him if Ireland wasnt here. i believe if Ireland wasnt here that we would have got our starting QB in free agency

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post

lol nice. i think he is. everyone says he isnt based on him not drafting playmakers yet he hasnt been in position to draft any yet. the 2013 nfl draft will be the first yr that he has been in position to do so
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Yeah...because last draft when we were in dire need of a receiver, Ireland didnt skip over any play-making receivers...

vCash
    lol nice. i think he is. everyone says he isnt based on him not drafting playmakers yet he hasnt been in position to draft any yet. the 2013 nfl draft will be the first yr that he has been in position to do so
    I think he sucks because we are continuously losing more games than winning them.

vCash
    i see Gutekunst as a viable candidate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Yeah...because last draft when we were in dire need of a receiver, Ireland didnt skip over any play-making receivers...
    he skipped over one and thats it and thats Alshon but i think they passed him for 2 reasons. 1 bc they needed a RT badly and 2 bc of Philbin. any WR in the 1st round doesnt count bc he got us a QB
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I think he sucks because we are continuously losing more games than winning them.
    thats bc we were so bad. we are trying to build from 1-16 and Ireland has had many different guys get in his way of building this team the way he likes including Ross and Philbin. he can only do so much in 2 yrs with people in his way
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    thats bc we were so bad. we are trying to build from 1-16 and Ireland has had many different guys get in his way of building this team the way he likes including Ross and Philbin. he can only do so much in 2 yrs with people in his way
    Give me a break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Give me a break.
    Ireland's record of bringing in good players speak for itself.
    Take Notes Rook

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast