Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If Not Ireland, Then Who?

For those of you who wants us to fire Ireland after the season, who would you like to see us replace him with? Don't just say "someone in the Packers, Patriots, Giants Ravens or Saints" front office. Give us a name. Lets remember that if we fire Ireland then there's a chance Philbin will also be fired since new GM's like to bring in their own guys. Let's also remember that the Packers are off limits since Philbin is too loyal to break their " Don't poach any of our coaches or FO people if you decide to go your own way" rule.

vCash
    Here's why I think we should keep Jeff Ireland for one more year: The guy has been in charge for only two years. GM's need at least three years to turn a team around. If you're wondering why I'm not holding Ireland responsible of all the moves that we made from 2008-2010, that's because because of Bill Parcells. When he was here no one gave Ireland credit for anything(including me). I gave Parcells credit for everything that when from 2008 to 2010(Proof: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...3&postcount=18 ). So it would be wrong for me to blame Ireland for the things that went on during those years(like most people in the media and fans) just because Parcells decided to retire. I'm sure Ireland had a hand in the decision making but Parcells had the final say. That's the way I saw it in when Parcells was here and that's the way I see it now. It would be stupid to say "Parcells drafted Langford, Long, Jones, Hartline while Ireland drafted White, Henne and Merling". That doesn't make any sense since none of us was in those meeting rooms. Its easier to just hold Parcells accountable for those moves since he the man in charge.

vCash
    I have asked in many different ways this very same question and everytime get nothing... Besides Madden/Fantasy type things

I am pro ireland, but I also recognize his mistakes as well... But it all comes down to the coaches wishes.

T.Spa wanted big uglies for draft picks so that is what we got, now Philbin is purging the roster from the players he doesn't like (i.e. Vontae, BMARSH and so on) to players that he wants on the team, he builds the roster to what he is asked for

vCash
    Something that my dad brought up that kinda peaked my curiosity is, say Ireland finishes his contract, and he decides to go somewhere else or what not... DO you guys not see Philbin as a GM for this team down the road?

vCash
    As long as the new gm doesn't draft odricks in the first mixed in with misis in the 2nd he would do a better job. Ireland wasn't shiat before he got here. Let him go back to being shiat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    As long as the new gm doesn't draft odricks in the first mixed in with misis in the 2nd he would do a better job. Ireland wasn't shiat before he got here. Let him go back to being shiat.
    No offense to you ryang (but it was you who wrote this) this mentality is a big big reason as to why the Dolphins are well the Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    Something that my dad brought up that kinda peaked my curiosity is, say Ireland finishes his contract, and he decides to go somewhere else or what not... DO you guys not see Philbin as a GM for this team down the road?
    I wouldn't be comfortable having Philbin as our HC and GM. That's too much work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryang View Post
    Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

I have asked in many different ways this very same question and everytime get nothing... Besides Madden/Fantasy type things

I am pro ireland, but I also recognize his mistakes as well... But it all comes down to the coaches wishes.

T.Spa wanted big uglies for draft picks so that is what we got, now Philbin is purging the roster from the players he doesn't like (i.e. Vontae, BMARSH and so on) to players that he wants on the team, he builds the roster to what he is asked for
    That's why I made this thread. Most people won't even give me name. They'll just say "anyone besides Ireland". Hello Randy Mueller!
    Last edited by godolphins; 11-16-2012 at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    I am pro-Ireland as well. They guy needed his space from Parcells to be able to start to work for himself. I like Philbin and I like the way he teaches guys to play the game. Ireland and Philbin have to stay for atleast another 2 years until its time to say this rebuild is a joke.
    This past draft, Ireland made alot of damn good picks for the future, as well as trades for the future. This past draft was atleast a 'B' for him. Granted Cunningham and Kaddu are misses and Egnew (so far) is a miss in the 3rd. But we have a solid foundation to start from. He was finally able to draft a 1st rd QB. And now that Parcells isn't leading the charge, he is finally able to start to draft players for this egenration of football. No more huge, bulky guys.
    I'm all in with Ireland next year. Lets see what the guy does with 5 picks in the top 100 of the draft as well as a (hopefully) boatload of cap space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I am pro-Ireland as well. They guy needed his space from Parcells to be able to start to work for himself. I like Philbin and I like the way he teaches guys to play the game. Ireland and Philbin have to stay for atleast another 2 years until its time to say this rebuild is a joke.
    This past draft, Ireland made alot of damn good picks for the future, as well as trades for the future. This past draft was atleast a 'B' for him. Granted Cunningham and Kaddu are misses and Egnew (so far) is a miss in the 3rd. But we have a solid foundation to start from. He was finally able to draft a 1st rd QB. And now that Parcells isn't leading the charge, he is finally able to start to draft players for this egenration of football. No more huge, bulky guys.
    I'm all in with Ireland next year. Lets see what the guy does with 5 picks in the top 100 of the draft as well as a (hopefully) boatload of cap space.
    This draft class is looking good but I can't say the same for his last draft class. Trading up to draft DT was a mistake and drafting Gates in the 4th round was also a mistake.

vCash
    I still dont know why they traded their only talented receiver when they drafted a qb in the 1st round. What they were thinking with our 5'8" slow receivers corps. If it was to let Matt Moore play fine but the kid is demolished now, completely demolished at a point I really doubt he will come back from it.

Here we go again, another decade to build up...
    A duck for GM, any animals could do really.. you only need to suck real hard to loose games like the Colts did last years for Luck.

The Colts are a disgrace for doing what they did last year, dont get me wrong but look at whats going on. They'll most likely be in the playoff with a team with only one talented receiver and a crappy defense. No one remember what happened last year, how they really tried hard not to replace Manning.

Ask yourselves, wanna be a disgrace for a year or another two decades?
    Cause at this point we might consider playing in AmericanAirlines Arena with the attendances i'm seing.
    Find me Pollian and Caldwell.

vCash
    I still think we'd find a GM to fit in with Philbin and Sherman, if Ireland leaves for whatever the reason (fired, leaves, quits, whatever).

I don't think its out of the question to promote Mike Sherman to GM. He was GM of the Packers in 2001 and brought it a couple key pieces that were still on the Packers roster in 2010, the super bowl year. Nick Barnett, Scott Wells, Cullen Jenkins.

Then we'd just find an offensive coordinator come in.
    Wake Show!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevenger View Post
    I still dont know why they traded their only talented receiver when they drafted a qb in the 1st round. What they were thinking with our 5'8" slow receivers corps. If it was to let Matt Moore play fine but the kid is demolished now, completely demolished at a point I really doubt he will come back from it.

A duck for GM, any animals could do really.. you only need to suck real hard to loose games like the Colts did last years for Luck.

The Colts are a disgrace for doing what they did last year, dont get me wrong but look at whats going on. They'll most likely be in the playoff with a team with only one talented receiver and a crappy defense. No one remember what happened last year, how they really tried hard not to replace Manning.

Cause at this point we might consider playing in AmericanAirlines Arena with the attendances i'm seing.
    We traded Marshall because he threw his teamate under the bus(Matt Moore) and because he's a distraction on and off the field. And he didn't want to play in Philbin's offence.
    “It doesn’t make any sense to pay a guy $2 million and only expect him to have 60 or 65 receptions, or 70 receptions in this new offense,” Marshall said during an interview with 740 The Game according the Sun Sentinel. “And also, if you don’t have a quarterback, it doesn’t matter who you have out there. You can bring Jerry Rice back in his prime and he’s not going to be effective. So it makes sense on a business end, and also the fit just philosophy-wise, wasn’t there. I can understand the change, and honestly this is the best move that could have happened for both sides.”
    http://larrybrownsports.com/football...n-miami/134926
    Last edited by godolphins; 11-16-2012 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    I wouldn't be comfortable having Philbin as our HC and GM. That's too much work.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

That's why I made this thread. Most people won't even give me name. They'll just say "anyone besides Ireland". Hello Randy Mueller!
    No I meant that Philbin would step down from the HC job and take the GM job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevenger;24346723[B
    ]I still dont know why they traded their only talented receiver when they drafted a qb in the 1st round. What they were thinking with our 5'8" slow receivers corps. If it was to let Matt Moore play fine but the kid is demolished now, completely demolished at a point I really doubt he will come back from it. [/B]

Philbin... He is shaping the roster the way he wants it (idk how else to say this) Ireland is the one that picks up the phones or makes the calls taht Philbin asks him too... If Ireland receives a call about a trade he goes to Philbin (See episode 4 of Hard Knocks when Vontae gets traded)

vCash
    No I meant that Philbin would step down from the HC job and take the GM job
    That's a complicated situation

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast