Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 317
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,114
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    No actually thats not what happened. I was actually making the same sarcastic/AND??? reply to someone elses excuse that you then made to me. Your lost.
    Let's examine.....

    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Nets didn't have Gerald Wallace, their best defender and one of their best rebounders and Marshon Brooks who is their 6th man. The game really wasn't close until the end either. Knicks core have all been together over a 1 year.
    This was your response to a Knick fan who was unimpressed with the Nets victory over a Rondo-less Celtic team. It's pretty clear that you're using "Gerald Wallace" as a crutch here to try and validate your own team, while completely discrediting the fact that NY is off the better start against tougher teams, having beaten my team at home by 20 and rallying against the Spurs on the road. You do this while also dismissing that one of their key components in Iman is missing with an injury. I'm not lost at all actually. You're just trying to dig up any excuse you can to push your "BKN is better than the Knicks" agenda, which at this point, even though it's early, has no legs. Accept it, and move on.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,114
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    This...

    Bro don't even bother, he's on par with DMF which means its useless discussing basketball with him
    Yeah I see that now. I'm out.

    Final point being: The Knicks are better than advertised, and are better than the Nets at this point in time. Could things change? Sure. But NY is better right now and there's no denying it. PEACE.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,254
    vCash
    1500
    Lets re-examine

    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Let's examine.....


    This was your response to a Knick fan who was unimpressed with the Nets victory over a Rondo-less Celtic team. It's pretty clear that you're using "Gerald Wallace" as a crutch here to try and validate your own team, while completely discrediting the fact that NY is off the better start against tougher teams, having beaten my team at home by 20 and rallying against the Spurs on the road. You do this while also dismissing that one of their key components in Iman is missing with an injury. I'm not lost at all actually. You're just trying to dig up any excuse you can to push your "BKN is better than the Knicks" agenda, which at this point, even though it's early, has no legs. Accept it, and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBallfan8 View Post
    Are you ****ing ********? Or do you just pretend? Beating the Celtics in Brooklyn without Rondo is BY FAR the most impressive win the Nets have had... The Knicks have blown out 5 teams (including the heat) and just beat the Spurs in SA.

    As the poster above me mentioned, they have 9 new players on their roster (including 3 new point guards!) and are still missing two of their starters.

    Charles Barkley always hated the Knicks, he has a hard on for putting them down like Shaq does with Howard.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,040
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Pierce/KG/Rondo

    LeBron/Wade/Bosh


    So now you know.
    D Will/Hump/Lopez




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    He is but he also speaks the truth.
    Yooooo where you been son????

    Nets on a winning streak so kewl to come on out?
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,254
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Yeah I see that now. I'm out.

    Final point being: The Knicks are better than advertised, and are better than the Nets at this point in time. Could things change? Sure. But NY is better right now and there's no denying it. PEACE.
    I'm out also guys. PEACE

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,254
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    Yooooo where you been son????

    Nets on a winning streak so kewl to come on out?
    Exactly. whats up bro. Hows the wife and kids??

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Pierce/KG/Rondo

    LeBron/Wade/Bosh


    So now you know.

    Oh yeah try playing 3 vs 5 on the court and good luck with that! Whatta core! Lol

    It's party time!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    14,114
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Lets re-examine
    If you can't see the underlying message in what you bolded, then there's no helping you lol, but maybe I handed out too much credit. Later dude.....

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    9,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Exactly. whats up bro. Hows the wife and kids??
    Look you got Charles Barkley sticking up for you. Whatever that amounts for.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,290
    vCash
    1500
    Guys..PLEASE...this is Charles Barkley we're talking about. I mean the guy doesn't even know how to pronounce players names. He also is often clueless when he speaks!! Last night he said he was concerned about when Amare and, as he called him, Shimbert (Kenny quickly corrected his killing of his name while laughing) because those guys just care about getting their points and not playing defense!!!! Shump was one of the best defenders in the league last year!!!!! So I really don't take anything he says seriously cause he is really on on TNT as comic relief!!!!!


    "It Is.....What It Is!!!"

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Knicks have had a very tough schedule, all their games except for 1 have been against winning teams.
    Let's not get TOO crazy shall we?

    The Knicks are playing impressively right now, AND have played some tough teams, however...

    Dallas didn't have Dirk OR Marion.
    The 76ers did NOT have Bynum for either game.

    They aren't bad teams, but I certainly wouldn't call them tough when they're playing without their Marquee players.

    Might as well call Minnesota tough with Kevin Love out (zing!).

    As for Barkley, I think he's overestimating the Nets. Not every team gels at the same pace. Some have a more natural fit, some take more work. And the Nets aren't exactly showing instant chemistry on both ends.

    I would be surprised if they finished ahead of the Knicks OR Boston when the season is done. The Knicks are playing well at both ends right now, and I give Boston a pass for the first 20 or 30 games after how they ended up first in the Atlantic after being a ton of games back at last year's All Star break.

    The Celtics are just such a ridiculously experienced team that you just can't count them out this early in the season. The problem with Boston is you never know how much of the Celtics' struggles are legitimate struggles, or Doc pulling a rope-a-dope in terms by giving his players recovery/healing time.

    The Nets Defense is highly suspect right now. Lopez is putting up terrible numbers on the defensive end and unless that gets rectified that will lead to alot of unnecessary losses. I mean seriously, 6.6 rebounds per game for a center?

    It isn't impossible for the Nets to finish ahead of the Knicks, but if I had to put hard earned dollars on it, I'd take the Knicks this year.

    Next year, probably more of a toss up.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,667
    vCash
    1500
    The Nets have beaten the Raptors, the Magic twice, the Cavs and a Celtics team without Rondo.

    The Knicks have blown out the Heat, the Sixers twice, the Mavs, the Magic and the Spurs.

    The Knicks have blown out 4 playoff teams, the reigning NBA champs and one of the main contenders. The Nets have beaten the C's and blew a 22 point lead to a non-playoff team missing their two best players. Their starts to their seasons aren't comparable in any way. Knicks >>> Nets.

    **** Barkley, **** waveycrockett
    Last edited by FraziersKnicks; 11-16-2012 at 10:18 AM.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,022
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Let's not get TOO crazy shall we?

    The Knicks are playing impressively right now, AND have played some tough teams, however...

    Dallas didn't have Dirk OR Marion.
    The 76ers did NOT have Bynum for either game.

    They aren't bad teams, but I certainly wouldn't call them tough when they're playing without their Marquee players.

    Might as well call Minnesota tough with Kevin Love out (zing!).

    As for Barkley, I think he's overestimating the Nets. Not every team gels at the same pace. Some have a more natural fit, some take more work. And the Nets aren't exactly showing instant chemistry on both ends.

    I would be surprised if they finished ahead of the Knicks OR Boston when the season is done. The Knicks are playing well at both ends right now, and I give Boston a pass for the first 20 or 30 games after how they ended up first in the Atlantic after being a ton of games back at last year's All Star break.

    The Celtics are just such a ridiculously experienced team that you just can't count them out this early in the season. The problem with Boston is you never know how much of the Celtics' struggles are legitimate struggles, or Doc pulling a rope-a-dope in terms by giving his players recovery/healing time.

    The Nets Defense is highly suspect right now. Lopez is putting up terrible numbers on the defensive end and unless that gets rectified that will lead to alot of unnecessary losses. I mean seriously, 6.6 rebounds per game for a center?

    It isn't impossible for the Nets to finish ahead of the Knicks, but if I had to put hard earned dollars on it, I'd take the Knicks this year.

    Next year, probably more of a toss up.
    PHI hasn't had Bynum all year, and won't for a long time, its not like he only missed the NY games. Fact is PHI is still a good team w/o Bynum.

    Same for DAL, Dirk hasn't played all year yet they were still winning.

    BK though caught a huge break last night, Rondo has played every game but missed last nights game. Big difference.

    Knicks beat MIA & SAS at full strength.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    308
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    It's more impressive. Knicks fans been talking about they need to "gel" for 3 years. Nets have started after 3 weeks.
    LoL look at this roster and then look at last years LoLoLoLoloL2

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •