Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Again, the devil is in the details. Even the Bishop of the C of D has to agree that if you can get a young, consistent outfielder who will hit 30+ homers, bat over .280, and run, catch and throw, you make the trade.

You just have to be sure who you're getting. My biggest fear is that the Mets are less concerned about who they get in return for Robert Allen than to rid themselves of a would-be large contract.

Two years, 24 million is almost ridiculously reasonable for Dickey, and i even wonder if those numbers are legitimate. But if the numbers are correct, and the Mets dump Dickey anyway, then it would become proof positive the Mets only interest is in charging premium, retail prices for a bargain basement team.

And if that's the case, nothing else matters anyway.
    I agree with everything said here. I want the Mets to get as close to a sure thing in return as possible.

With that said, I'd be just as happy if he's resigned.

vCash
    Well no-brain and Wilpons go hand in hand. For them it will take a while to recite the alphabet in order before they can get down to the brass tacks of resigning a Cy Young Award winner.

vCash
    DPLennon Sounds like window between Thanksgiving and the winter meetings are going to be important in Mets' talks with Dickey/Wright.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I have always felt for a pitcher...any pitcher...a 3 year deal is fair. Now a Cy-Young winner could have the clout to demand more years. With Dicky at 38, while you would want a 2 year deal...the Knuckleball doesn't have an age limit...like a fastball does. Most Knuckleballers have pitched into their 40's with varied success. Do I believe Dickey is on his way to another 20 win Cy-Young season? Hell no...anyone who thinks that is drinking something I should be right now.

If Dickey wants a 3 year deal with an option. Money aside, that sounds awefully good to me. Even if Dickey reverts to pre-2012 form...he would be worth that deal. Not to mention we would have the only knucker in the bigs, it gives the Mets a different look every 5th day that no other team has.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12