Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Vinny doing a good job?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 40.00%
  • No

6 60.00%
    vCash

Is Vinny Del Negro doing a good job?

I can easily argue both sides of this very quickly. He is doing a good job because the Clippers are 6-2 and have beaten Miami, San Antonio, the Lakers and gave Memphis their only loss. A poorly coached team could not do that, could they?

Going against him are the teams 2 losses. Golden State and Cleveland both beat the Clippers fairly easily on their home floor. Those are probably the 2 worst teams they've played so far. Only a poorly coached team could so inconsistent, right?

What say you?

vCash
    Vinny's doing a fantastic job in my opinion. He's a players coach and so players like to play for him. He's still trying to figure out the rotations but for the most part, bringing in the entire second unit has worked for us so far, so he should continue to ride them until it stops working (if ever).

I've definitely seen some improvements in terms of play calling out of timeouts and X's and O's in general.

Those two losses should be attributed to poor effort in the first half by our starting units, especially in the rebounding department, not on the coaching.

vCash
    I'm kinda ignorant on the topic, so I'd like Clipper nations' feedback here. Where did all the "VDN on the hot seat" talk last year stem from? Because I agree with the masses here in that he's done pretty good job from what I've seen so far. I'm honestly still not quite sold on him as a coach, but if I'm a Clipper fan I wouldn't have many complaints at this point.

vCash
    He did awesome, he adjusted well. He called his timeouts exactly when needed. I like him as a coach because he knows the game. Hope we can win a championship this year. Our team looks good from top to bottom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apet8945 View Post
    Vinny's doing a fantastic job in my opinion. He's a players coach and so players like to play for him. He's still trying to figure out the rotations but for the most part, bringing in the entire second unit has worked for us so far, so he should continue to ride them until it stops working (if ever).

I've definitely seen some improvements in terms of play calling out of timeouts and X's and O's in general.

Those two losses should be attributed to poor effort in the first half by our starting units, especially in the rebounding department, not on the coaching.
    I agree with this 100%. I don't think it's a stretch to say he is doing a great job and has clearly improved. His rotations have been spot on and will keep everyone healthy as no one is logging big minutes. The X's and O's seem much better, but there are much better players this year. However he deserves the most credit for the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    I'm kinda ignorant on the topic, so I'd like Clipper nations' feedback here. Where did all the "VDN on the hot seat" talk last year stem from? Because I agree with the masses here in that he's done pretty good job from what I've seen so far. I'm honestly still not quite sold on him as a coach, but if I'm a Clipper fan I wouldn't have many complaints at this point.
    The complaints last year were that he just seemed to get out coached every night. We never ran a good play out of a timeout. To be fair the Clippers had no training camp as they traded for Paul only a few days before the season started. Same with Billups. Martin didn't come til much later than that. I don't know of 1 Clippers fan that thought he didn't deserve to at least play out the final year of his contract. Most of us also thought bringing in the wrong coach could have been fatal and caused Chris Paul to leave.

Most of us saw keeping VDN for 1 more year as the lesser of 2 evils between a bad coach and one that might chase CP3 out of town. Most of the absolute hate Vinny got was in the NBA forum from non-Clippers fans. The same ones that think DJ is worse than most backup Centers and Blake can only dunk.

6. 11-17-2012, 01:26 PM
    Reason
    trolling

vCash
    I agree VDN is going pretty well, rotations have been consistent, giving Bledsoe a lot more trust. What will be interesting is how he re-incoropates Chauncey and Grant and divides up the minutes accordingly.

vCash
    Ummmmmm today I noticed that they are horrible in the double team and than they rely to much on the the point guard to make plays. Dont move the ball well enough we have to much talent on this team to not win a championship...We better win against the Hawks and this game against the Nets should have been ours its "BS"