Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Time should be up

Hey guys, as hard as it is to admit it, it is now time to literally blow this team up. No matter what. Reggie blew it up as best as he could (Routtt, CJ) without tanking the whole year but I think after this season, trade everyone while they still have some value. What's the point of holding on to Palmer and McFadden when you're constantly losing. Give me some draft picks, we can suck another year with a bunch of rookies, great draft position bc we sucked, and just keep building the next year. I know this is probably already Reggie's plan, but I am just so exhausted of losing, guys. Just like all the rest of you guys are as well. F the year. Sunday broke my silver and black heart. TB broke my silver and black heart as well. We just can't win. I know we have gotten close, but we still keep losing. Just start over. I can't stand looking at the year Indy had last year, then then in ONE EFFING DRAFT they become instant playoff contenders. Shoot, the Broncos lost Cutler then still made the playoffs with Tebow, now they will probably win a Superbowl within the next couple of years if not this year. That's a franchise.... Ok, I vented enough. I know it takes time and this is our first year without Al, but just blow the team up. Trade Palmer, trade DMC. Keep Reece, though. He is our "Reggie Wayne"...at FB/HB/WR

vCash
    If we were three years into this thing and had cap room and some picks ratted away, I would agree wholeheartedly. The reality is you can't trade the entire roster in one shot and I know that you meant the key guys that you mentioned.

First, you need takers for the guys that you want to move. Then you need available talent that you can acquire through the draft or FA. It's not logistically possible to accomplish this in that short of a time frame given our current cap status and list of needs.

This will be a piecemeal process that may not always be clear to us, after all, we don't sit in on the meetings in Alameda when future moves are discussed.

This is a process, we have just made the first moves. If you want to complain that the moves haven't been of significant magnitude, I might even agree, but the resources were not available in this offseason to affect the level of change that most here would desire.

Patience my friend because that time is coming, I just hope that the current management has the fortitude to stay the course. They will have us singing The Autumn Wind with enthusiasm in the near future....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Look, Cable had one shot with a crappy o line, went 8-8. And got fired.

Reggie did all kinds of questionable moves and we are NOT going to win
    8 games. How come this guy gets a free pass?

Many of us on here said time and time again that DMC is over rated and should go.
    We get folks on here that still says he is amazing while the guy is getting out rushed by his backup from last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

Many of us on here said time and time again that DMC is over rated and should go.
    We get folks on here that still says he is amazing while the guy is getting out rushed by his backup from last year.
    Those are valid points, but this is a new regime with authority flowing done to the different levels, management has been chosen in a logical order for the first time in forty years.

I don't think that McKenzie gets a pass if he stinks after a few years. I also do not think that enough time has passed to make an accurate and fair evaluation.

If we started with room under the cap and a full slate of draft picks, then yeah, give the guy a short leash, but there is going to be a considerable effort just to get to that starting point from where we started the '12 season.

As far as McFadden, do we know that he wasn't shopped around and got no takers? Just saying.

There is clearly a ton more work to do, just saying give it a bit more time for the vision to materialize for us, the fans....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    give it 2-3 more years till we can save some $$ and get some real players. Then maybe we will hit that 8-8 mark again.....smh
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    I said last season that we should trade DMC and almost got banned for it... smh

vCash
    I agree with op, I think Reggie's already started the blow up process...might as well let him complete it before judging wether or not he knows how to be a gm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

You answered your own question. That short sighted thinking is what got the Raiders into this mess to begin with. The whole "one and done" coaching staff has been a disaster.

Championship teams done come up out of nowhere. There has to be continuity from the top down to build a great team.

Let these guys draft, trade, and coach like they were brought here to do. Don't let last year's fleeting 8-8 record blind you to what was really happening. The defense was still a mess and DMC/Bush were carrying that team on their backs. They were still the all time king of penalties and had a total defensive collapse in the second half of the season. Hue didn't do anything but talk his way right out of a job.

This year's defense is full of has beens and never-was players. There's going to be a lot of changes this offseason since RM and DA are actually working together and have common goals. This is how it should be. Not the old Al Davis "Here's all of your players and you defensive schemes, now go win".
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    I said last season that we should trade DMC and almost got banned for it... smh
    You weren't the only one who wanted to trade DMC.

You're still not the only one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shred003 View Post
    you weren't the only one who wanted to trade dmc.

You're still not the only one.
    x3!
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    Whether or not Knapp is coming back next year I'm coming around more and more to the thought of trading DMC. Especially if it gets us a 2nd round pick.

He will be in a contract year next year...but he'll also be injured for half of it, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asoto511 View Post
    Hey guys, as hard as it is to admit it, it is now time to literally blow this team up. No matter what. Reggie blew it up as best as he could (Routtt, CJ) without tanking the whole year but I think after this season, trade everyone while they still have some value. What's the point of holding on to Palmer and McFadden when you're constantly losing. Give me some draft picks, we can suck another year with a bunch of rookies, great draft position bc we sucked, and just keep building the next year. I know this is probably already Reggie's plan, but I am just so exhausted of losing, guys. Just like all the rest of you guys are as well. F the year. Sunday broke my silver and black heart. TB broke my silver and black heart as well. We just can't win. I know we have gotten close, but we still keep losing. Just start over. I can't stand looking at the year Indy had last year, then then in ONE EFFING DRAFT they become instant playoff contenders. Shoot, the Broncos lost Cutler then still made the playoffs with Tebow, now they will probably win a Superbowl within the next couple of years if not this year. That's a franchise.... Ok, I vented enough. I know it takes time and this is our first year without Al, but just blow the team up. Trade Palmer, trade DMC. Keep Reece, though. He is our "Reggie Wayne"...at FB/HB/WR
    how about no we should make saunders oc and get some beefeer defensive players this year and next get rid of carlisle briesel smith barnes and on d trade seymour and keep kelly and all of the secondary except branch can go dude i complain but you sound like a girl you need to hang with widow shell toughin you up mijo!
    “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
    ― André Gide, Autumn Leaves

vCash
    No. Stay the course, follow the plan. We have some continuity,or rather expect to have some when next season rolls around. Let's see what the overhead has planned for the team. We can ***** and complain all we want, but in the end we are just fans. RM and DA will right the ship, it just takes time to patch the holes and stop the leaks before she sails again. Be patient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    No. Stay the course, follow the plan. We have some continuity,or rather expect to have some when next season rolls around. Let's see what the overhead has planned for the team. We can ***** and complain all we want, but in the end we are just fans. RM and DA will right the ship, it just takes time to patch the holes and stop the leaks before she sails again. Be patient.
    I second that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderJunkee View Post
    x3!
    Make that x4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast