Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    so i guess staying on top of a guy and not doing much damage is still considered dominating around here. hell if thats dominating i dont know what you call what he did to penn, alves, hughes, serrra all the guys he truly dominated. gsp got rocked, out struck overall. condit hurt gsp a lot more than gsp hurt him. in fact condit was never in trouble in that fight, he was just CONTROLLED. but with all that being said gsp did win, he deserved it cause he did controll the fight period. condit simply didnt do enough.

keep doubting hendricks lol, never give him props just point out how his opponent didnt do well haha. hendricks is the best wrestler in ww, yes better than gsp, stronger, more explosive, a lot harder puncher its not even close and yet somehow all these wins he keeps racking up are fluke. you always bring up his fight with pierce and story as if he didnt improve since then. he did beat koscheck and pierce anyway so?

gsp will get destroyed by silva, he might take him down but wont do ****.

also i thought garza was gonna win, considering retirement is ridiculous.
    If his wrestling was a hot as people claim he would have been able to handle guys like Kos, Pierce, and Story with ease.

And I do think those pretending GSP's jab is meaningless are insane. I mean, Koscheck still can't feel a portion of his face due to fighting GSP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    If his wrestling was a hot as people claim he would have been able to handle guys like Kos, Pierce, and Story with ease.

And I do think those pretending GSP's jab is meaningless are insane. I mean, Koscheck still can't feel a portion of his face due to fighting GSP.
    he would if it was a wrestling match. 3 high school state titles, 2 ncaa titles, 56-0 his senior year. name me one ufc fighter with wrestling credentials like that.

who said gsp's jab is meaningless? i said he dominated koscheck with the jab, meanwhile i watched the condit fight again and he landed maybe 10 solid jabs the entire fight.

vCash
    he would if it was a wrestling match. 3 high school state titles, 2 ncaa titles, 56-0 his senior year. name me one ufc fighter with wrestling credentials like that.
    And GSP was invited to join the Canadian Olympic team. And Kos is one of the greatest college wrestlers ever, yet GSP outwrestled him. And Brock Lesnar had a great college wrestling career, and had TDs stuffed by Carwin. And Chael is a true world class wrestler, but got lateral dropped by Demian Maia. Hendo has olympic medals, yet has ended up on his back against plenty of guys with no wrestling to speak of. Wrestling credentials outside of MMA do not always translate.

If you want to use credentials from other sports, Hendricks should have a massive striking disadvantage against Kampmann. But we can see, what you do outside of MMA doesn't always dictate what you can do in it.

who said gsp's jab is meaningless? i said he dominated koscheck with the jab, meanwhile i watched the condit fight again and he landed maybe 10 solid jabs the entire fight.
    I saw the post claiming GSPs standup was average, which I don't really agree with. He's done plenty of damage to a variety of guys. Kos being one example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    And GSP was invited to join the Canadian Olympic team. And Kos is one of the greatest college wrestlers ever, yet GSP outwrestled him. And Brock Lesnar had a great college wrestling career, and had TDs stuffed by Carwin. And Chael is a true world class wrestler, but got lateral dropped by Demian Maia. Hendo has olympic medals, yet has ended up on his back against plenty of guys with no wrestling to speak of. Wrestling credentials outside of MMA do not always translate.

If you want to use credentials from other sports, Hendricks should have a massive striking disadvantage against Kampmann. But we can see, what you do outside of MMA doesn't always dictate what you can do in it.

I saw the post claiming GSPs standup was average, which I don't really agree with. He's done plenty of damage to a variety of guys. Kos being one example.
    ok no one you mentioned has better credentials than hendricks. gsp being invited doesnt mean he would have made it, i would bet money he wouldnt. when did hendricks get out wrestled in the ufc? sure he got taken down a couple times but got right back up. gsp is a great mma wrestler, he's able to use the cage to his advantage but he's not a pure wrestler.

gsp's standup is above average but not elite like aldo or silva.

kampmann is overrated man, he easily could have lost to alves and ellenberger.
    Last edited by tnewkirk; 11-21-2012 at 04:52 PM.

vCash
    Hendricks is the best challenger for GSP in a loooong time.

BRING BARRETT TO CAROLINA, GETTLEMAN!

MMA FIGHTERS: WERDUM, JONES, SONNEN, MAYHEM, BELFORT, HENDRICKS, MAYNARD, ALDO, WINELAND

vCash
    We always wonder how GSP will take someone down and yet he always does.. I bet GSP outwrestles Hendricks.. GSP ois gonma technically outstrike him and then lure him im for a takedown, which he does so well.

vCash
    ok no one you mentioned has better credentials than hendricks. gsp being invited doesnt mean he would have made it, i would bet money he wouldnt. when did hendricks get out wrestled in the ufc? sure he got taken down a couple times but got right back up. gsp is a great mma wrestler, he's able to use the cage to his advantage but he's not a pure wrestler.

gsp's standup is above average but not elite like aldo or silva.

kampmann is overrated man, he easily could have lost to alves and ellenberger.
    You my friend are a shoe in for.. "HAAAAATER OOOOOF THE YEEEEEAR!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    We always wonder how GSP will take someone down and yet he always does.. I bet GSP outwrestles Hendricks.. GSP ois gonma technically outstrike him and then lure him im for a takedown, which he does so well.
    no we dont lol, when has anyone ever questioned gsp's ability to take someone down? gsp wont out wrestle hendricks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    You my friend are a shoe in for.. "HAAAAATER OOOOOF THE YEEEEEAR!"
    nah.

vCash
    no we dont lol, when has anyone ever questioned gsp's ability to take someone down? gsp wont out wrestle hendricks.
    Why not? Koscheck, Pierce and Story were all able to take him down.

Hendricks is a one dimensional power puncher who can't fight moving backwards. He can't land that left unless you give him time to load up, that's why Story was so successful against him, he moved forward and didn't let Hendricks set up that punch. I consider Koscheck to be the measuring stick for someone going up against GSP. You have to admit that Koscheck fight was close. I had Hendricks winning 29-28, but I can see how someone could give Koscheck the fight and have it 29-28 going to the other way based off the 3rd round.

If he struggled against Koscheck, what chance does he possibly have against GSP? He's going to have to land that punch to win the fight.

Don't bother bringing up the Fitch fight, that was a 5 round wipe out by GSP. He won like 50-43 on one of the scorecards, it wasn't even close.

vCash
    Yeah, I don't think Hendricks has much for GSP either. I can imagine GSP just jabbing him to death like he did to Koscheck.

The only real threat to GSP in the division is Nick Diaz, IMO, which is weird because I have a tough time imagining Diaz beating guys like Ellenberger, Fitch, Koscheck, and Hendricks.

But speaking just about GSP, someone who can give him trouble is a guy who is a very talented striker who has no qualms about being taken down due to grappling ability. Diaz fits that mold.

vCash
    Yep.. Kos and Shields.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post

Hendricks is a one dimensional power puncher who can't fight moving backwards. He can't land that left unless you give him time to load up, that's why Story was so successful against him, he moved forward and didn't let Hendricks set up that punch. I consider Koscheck to be the measuring stick for someone going up against GSP. You have to admit that Koscheck fight was close. I had Hendricks winning 29-28, but I can see how someone could give Koscheck the fight and have it 29-28 going to the other way based off the 3rd round.

If he struggled against Koscheck, what chance does he possibly have against GSP? He's going to have to land that punch to win the fight.

Don't bother bringing up the Fitch fight, that was a 5 round wipe out by GSP. He won like 50-43 on one of the scorecards, it wasn't even close.

Thank you big dog.. You saved me some time.

vCash
    nah.
    It surely looks as so.. Im gonna start calling you "Bucknasty"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post

you do realize there is more to out wrestling someone then taking them down right? i already said he got taken down a couple times but got right back up. you consistently say the same things about him yet he keeps winning. you always bring up the story fight which was 6 fights ago lol. i think you dont like him for some reason but if you think he stands no chance against gsp you are delusional. il make you a sig bet that gsp will not be able to hold hendricks for a while.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast