Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    What happened in that Sakara fight? I don't think it should be a disqual to the fighter. The ref was standing right there and allowed it to happen. I also don't think all of those shots were to the back of the head. Yes some did land to the back of the head, but to take the win away is interesting. Why not have a no contest?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    GSP didn't dominate? What kind of foolishness is this?

I guess Condit always looks like this during his fights.

To Condit's credit, he gave GSP his toughest fight, so he has that going for him. But at the end of the day, Condit had 9 months to prepare for GSP's top control and had nothing for him. Aside from that one minute (a scary minute if you're a GSP fan) in the 3rd, GSP was in total control of the fight. To say otherwise, you're either a GSP hater, or blind.

How about that Hendricks guy? Great KO. He deserves to fight GSP next, I doubt any other WW (aside from GSP) could get wins over Fitch, Koscheck and Kampmann in a row. The problem for Hendricks is, there's this guy name Anderson Silva and it looks like the UFC is all in for a super fight between him and GSP.
    -----

vCash
    Another decision for GSP

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    This hurts me to say. GSP is good really good!!!!
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Nate Marquardt vs GSP next please. Best fight out there besides Diaz
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    GSP didn't dominate? What kind of foolishness is this?

I guess Condit always looks like this during his fights.

To Condit's credit, he gave GSP his toughest fight, so he has that going for him. But at the end of the day, Condit had 9 months to prepare for GSP's top control and had nothing for him. Aside from that one minute (a scary minute if you're a GSP fan) in the 3rd, GSP was in total control of the fight. To say otherwise, you're either a GSP hater, or blind.

How about that Hendricks guy? Great KO. He deserves to fight GSP next, I doubt any other WW (aside from GSP) could get wins over Fitch, Koscheck and Kampmann in a row. The problem for Hendricks is, there's this guy name Anderson Silva and it looks like the UFC is all in for a super fight between him and GSP.
    lol that was one cut, meanwhile this is what gsp looked like http://www.google.com/imgres?q=gsp+p...9,r:3,s:0,i:86

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tadmanny View Post
    All I know is GSPs standup is pretty avg.
    Huh?

Watch GSP's footwork, his movement, and watch his jab. The reason he throws the punch often is because it's easily the most effective jab in the entire UFC. It's also arguably the most efficient strike in the sport across all levels next to perhaps strikes coming out of a plum clinch. GSP's jab is the main tool used to establish AND deny opportunities take downs and his wrestling simply keeps him in control.

The only thing I agree with is that GSP will have difficulty landing that jab frequently against AS, but that's not due to a lack of skill as much as size/reach. For GSP to get into jab range, he opens himself to several (not just one) of Silva's counter strikes. That's not to say he can't stand with Silva, because with some more angled work in the pocket and some timing changes he could easily outwork Silva who traditionally takes a more counter based approach to his stand up.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 11-19-2012 at 04:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I can see where you're coming from but he was also fighting a dude that finishes like 90% of his fights and half of those with ko's. Condit landed a couple decent shots outside of the high kick, but GSP was still able to keep a guy that looked a full weight class bigger than him at bay, and landed a bunch of crisp shots while he was at it. Frankly if he hadn't gotten tagged I thought we were watching the most aggressive GSP I'd ever seen standing up and he was throwing some hay-makers (which is pretty far outside of his comfort zone) that weren't all that far off.
    He's never really been a dedicated striker, and he still controls fights from his feet which I'd call quite a bit better than average.
    Agreed.. He really looked crisp imo... Condit was supposed to be the better striker and GSP outstruck him outside of that kick, which was very unorthodox to say the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    Huh?

Watch GSP's footwork, his movement, and watch his jab. The reason he throws the punch often is because it's easily the most effective jab in the entire UFC. It's also arguably the most efficient strike in the sport across all levels next to perhaps strikes coming out of a plum clinch. GSP's jab is the main tool used to establish AND deny opportunities take downs and his wrestling simply keeps him in control.

The only thing I agree with is that GSP will have difficulty landing that jab frequently against AS, but that's not due to a lack of skill as much as size/reach. For GSP to get into jab range, he opens himself to several (not just one) of Silva's counter strikes. That's not to say he can't stand with Silva, because with some more angled work in the pocket and some timing changes he could easily outwork Silva who traditionally takes a more counter based approach to his stand up.
    Couldny agree more.. Idk what people are looking at, but it just seems like GSP is a step quicker with his technique and he will be smart.. Hes going to lure Anderson in with crisp strikes and go in for the takedown.. Not saying he will win, but GSP can and will compete.

vCash
    Is it weird that GSP "dominated" but was much closer to being finished than Condit ever was?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Is it weird that GSP "dominated" but was much closer to being finished than Condit ever was?
    i would say so, condit was never hurt during this fight he was just controlled which is enough for gsp to win but he certainly didnt dominate.

dominating is what he did to penn the second time, alves, koscheck, fitch, hughes, serra but not condit. i dont know how thats hard to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    dominating is what he did to penn the second time, alves, koscheck, fitch, hughes, serra but not condit. i dont know how thats hard to see.
    GSP got knocked out by Serra prior to their second fight. It happens. GSP was rocked in this fight and that made everyone wonder if he was going to lose, but he recovered and put in a dominating performance.

You're reaching for some form of acknowledgement that no one will give you because the fight was simple; Condit landed some shots, got GSP into trouble in the third with a kick, yet still lost 4 rounds (if not all 5).
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 11-21-2012 at 01:29 AM.

vCash
    Condit landed one shot that put him danger and he still went along and won all five rounds on two judges scorecards.

vCash
    Saw the fights recently my recap..

GSP vs. Condit: I had it 50-45, Condit hurt GSP but then got controlled for the rest of the round. GSP looked really good, and really dominant off a huge lay-off against a very dangerous opponent, probably his toughest fight. Condit can beat anyone in the WW division. Condit's gameplan was not very good. He should have circled more, but he kept backing up into the cage for some reason and that played right into GSP's gameplan as he was able to secure takedowns. Carlos had no answer for the takedowns which was expected based on his fights against Kampmann, Ellenberger and McDonald. He'll be back though, he's good.

Hendricks vs. Kampmann - I'm not sure if Kampmann studied his opponent but he looked awful from the opening bell. Jack Slack wrote a beautiful article on Kampmann and his flaws and how he 'bounces' a lot in the ring which is a big technical flaw from striking. Hendricks is a very limited fighter. He reminds me of a WW version of Chuck Lidell. There are ways to beat him, look at Rick Story fight, look a the Mike Pierce fight (I thought Pierce beat him) and look at the Koscheck fight. You have to pressure him, press him against the cage, fight him on the inside. Hendricks loads up on all of his punches, especially that left hand. He lunges forward when he throws it, sticking his chin way out. You have stay away from his striking distance, you can't move back and try to counter with him or else you will get knocked out. Mike Pierce had the best gameplan for him, watch the 2nd and 3rd round of the Pierce-Hendricks fight and you'll see what a great plan he employs. It's smart of Hendricks to call out GSP, because I don't think he can beat some of these other WW's. Guys that I believe will beat him are Ellenberger, Sanchez, Condit, Diaz, Alves (if he's mentally there). Good win for Hendricks, but he has no chance against GSP...

Carmont vs Lawlor: 2nd worst fight of the year behind Jordan and Kongo.

Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Mark Bocek: Excellent performance by Dos Anjos, he's got potential to be a top 5 fighter in that division. He just dominated Bocek in every area of the game. He's got to be more consistent though, he can't be losing to Jeremy Stephens and Gleison Tibau. Those guys are not on his level. Right now I like his chances against anyone in the division if he fights the way he did against Bocek.

Mark Hominick vs. Pablo Garza: Wow how bad has Hominick fallen? This was just pathetic, he couldn't finish Garza when he had him hurt. He's a completely shot fighter. I think Hominick should probably consider retirement cause his last 3 losses have all been embarrassments. Gets knocked out in 7 seconds, then has 2 losses against two very below average fighters. Hominick used to be a world class fighter, now he shouldn't be ranked in the top 20. This was supposed to be a comeback fight and he lost.

Cote vs. Sakara- ....

Cyrill Diabate vs. Griggs- lol, Griggs tried to bum rush and got appropriately KOed for it. Brock Lesnar tried the same against Velasquez and got embarrassed lol.

Makdessi vs. Stout- These Shawn Tompkins fighters are really performing poorly... There is no way he should have lose to Makdessi and he got badly out jabbed. Another bad loss for Stout.

Didn't see the rest...
    Last edited by zn23; 11-21-2012 at 01:52 AM.

vCash
    so i guess staying on top of a guy and not doing much damage is still considered dominating around here. hell if thats dominating i dont know what you call what he did to penn, alves, hughes, serrra all the guys he truly dominated. gsp got rocked, out struck overall. condit hurt gsp a lot more than gsp hurt him. in fact condit was never in trouble in that fight, he was just CONTROLLED. but with all that being said gsp did win, he deserved it cause he did controll the fight period. condit simply didnt do enough.

keep doubting hendricks lol, never give him props just point out how his opponent didnt do well haha. hendricks is the best wrestler in ww, yes better than gsp, stronger, more explosive, a lot harder puncher its not even close and yet somehow all these wins he keeps racking up are fluke. you always bring up his fight with pierce and story as if he didnt improve since then. he did beat koscheck and pierce anyway so?

gsp will get destroyed by silva, he might take him down but wont do ****.

also i thought garza was gonna win, considering retirement is ridiculous.
    Last edited by tnewkirk; 11-21-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast