Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    1500
    no only reason i want kuroda is to say F U to the yanks. but hes not coming here he wants to stay with one of the LA teams or the yankees before he goes back to japan to finish his career

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,643
    vCash
    1500
    Andy Martino of the New York Daily News was told by a high-ranking executive who spoke with Mets that they would want a "monster package" if they decided to trade R.A. Dickey.
    "(They) would want a monster package for (R.A.) Dickey, and if they don’t get it, probably would not trade him. They aren’t approaching teams on this, but they’re letting teams come to them." The executive thinks the Mets would ask for "a few high-end prospects or major leaguers, likely outfielders or catching help." The Mets' first choice, of course, is to sign Dickey to an extension, but those talks appear to be going rather slowly. If the two sides do come together, it's not expected to happen prior to the winter meetings

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    15,947
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Andy Martino of the New York Daily News was told by a high-ranking executive who spoke with Mets that they would want a "monster package" if they decided to trade R.A. Dickey.
    "(They) would want a monster package for (R.A.) Dickey, and if they donít get it, probably would not trade him. They arenít approaching teams on this, but theyíre letting teams come to them." The executive thinks the Mets would ask for "a few high-end prospects or major leaguers, likely outfielders or catching help." The Mets' first choice, of course, is to sign Dickey to an extension, but those talks appear to be going rather slowly. If the two sides do come together, it's not expected to happen prior to the winter meetings
    If the monster package is:

    Ike Davis + Dickey for JPA + Lind + Sierra + Cooper, then sure!

    And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen



  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,216
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    If the monster package is:

    Ike Davis + Dickey for JPA + Lind + Sierra + Cooper, then sure!
    LOL obviously not but I get what ya saying.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    11,216
    vCash
    1500
    Kuroda is not bad for a one year option actually. 1 year/$11 mil. Lets see what the Yanks offer though, something tells me 1/$13mil. If he stays great, if not they get a draft pick.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,925
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    If the monster package is:

    Ike Davis + Dickey for JPA + Lind + Sierra + Cooper, then sure!
    Sounds more like a pile of garbage

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,836
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Kuroda is not bad for a one year option actually. 1 year/$11 mil. Lets see what the Yanks offer though, something tells me 1/$13mil. If he stays great, if not they get a draft pick.
    Unless I am mistaken, didnt the Yanks make a qualifying offer to Kuroda ($13.3mil for 1 year)? If so, not sure he takes a 1 year deal for less.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Sounds more like a pile of garbage
    One mans garbage is another mans treasure

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,714
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    no only reason i want kuroda is to say F U to the yanks. but hes not coming here he wants to stay with one of the LA teams or the yankees before he goes back to japan to finish his career
    Hahaha, good luck saying F U to the yanks. And besides Kuroda's only gonna be around for 1 year. I think the Red Sox might steal him away from the Yanks actually, they need pitching BAD and their farm system isn't as strong as it used to be.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Key Biscayne, Florida
    Posts
    9,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    If the monster package is:

    Ike Davis + Dickey for JPA + Lind + Sierra + Cooper, then sure!
    Ya, kind of off the Davis stuff, can't see why they would move him. Just was an idea, but seems unrealistic. Still like the idea of looking at Neise, IF we move MB. Don't want 3 lefties in the starting 5.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,925
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    no only reason i want kuroda is to say F U to the yanks. but hes not coming here he wants to stay with one of the LA teams or the yankees before he goes back to japan to finish his career
    In order to say FU to the yankees, how about beating them once for a change?

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty1 69 View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, didnt the Yanks make a qualifying offer to Kuroda ($13.3mil for 1 year)? If so, not sure he takes a 1 year deal for less.
    Yes they did. The thing about Kuroda is he has leverage in that he wants to go back to Japan, so it will force the Yanks to pony up at least the amount of the qualifying offer, probably. As i said the other day, i don't think there would be a lot of interest from other teams because he is old and you would lose a top draft pick. I did hear rumblings Dodgers had interest, though i think they'd be crazy to do it.

    I kind of think the competition is between the yanks and Japan. Wouldn't touch it for the jays to lose our 2nd rounder. Slot will be $1mm anyways plus what we can save drafting seniors, so it will be another $2mm Smoral type pick, depending on who's available.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    43
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Buerhle most likely to be flipped but if he does it will be for another pitcher. Maybe in a package to get another flame thrower or Cliff Lee please please.

    Lee, JJ, Morrow, Romero and Happ would be sick.
    Where are you getting that information that Buerhle is most likely to be flipped? He is locked into his current contract for 5 more years. Please don't say it has to do with this "He is a pitbull owner and they are banned in Ontario bs!"

    More likely of a possibility is the flipping of Josh Johnson the soon to be free agent after the season.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,620
    vCash
    1500
    whoops, wrong thread
    Last edited by 2009mvp; 11-19-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    2013

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,236
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Where are you getting that information that Buerhle is most likely to be flipped? He is locked into his current contract for 5 more years. Please don't say it has to do with this "He is a pitbull owner and they are banned in Ontario bs!"

    More likely of a possibility is the flipping of Josh Johnson the soon to be free agent after the season.
    I thought Buerhle only had 3 more years on his deal?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •