Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    no only reason i want kuroda is to say F U to the yanks. but hes not coming here he wants to stay with one of the LA teams or the yankees before he goes back to japan to finish his career

vCash
    Andy Martino of the New York Daily News was told by a high-ranking executive who spoke with Mets that they would want a "monster package" if they decided to trade R.A. Dickey.
    "(They) would want a monster package for (R.A.) Dickey, and if they don’t get it, probably would not trade him. They aren’t approaching teams on this, but they’re letting teams come to them." The executive thinks the Mets would ask for "a few high-end prospects or major leaguers, likely outfielders or catching help." The Mets' first choice, of course, is to sign Dickey to an extension, but those talks appear to be going rather slowly. If the two sides do come together, it's not expected to happen prior to the winter meetings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Andy Martino of the New York Daily News was told by a high-ranking executive who spoke with Mets that they would want a "monster package" if they decided to trade R.A. Dickey.
    "(They) would want a monster package for (R.A.) Dickey, and if they donít get it, probably would not trade him. They arenít approaching teams on this, but theyíre letting teams come to them." The executive thinks the Mets would ask for "a few high-end prospects or major leaguers, likely outfielders or catching help." The Mets' first choice, of course, is to sign Dickey to an extension, but those talks appear to be going rather slowly. If the two sides do come together, it's not expected to happen prior to the winter meetings
    If the monster package is:

Ike Davis + Dickey for JPA + Lind + Sierra + Cooper, then sure!

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post

LOL obviously not but I get what ya saying.

vCash
    Kuroda is not bad for a one year option actually. 1 year/$11 mil. Lets see what the Yanks offer though, something tells me 1/$13mil. If he stays great, if not they get a draft pick.

vCash

Sounds more like a pile of garbage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Kuroda is not bad for a one year option actually. 1 year/$11 mil. Lets see what the Yanks offer though, something tells me 1/$13mil. If he stays great, if not they get a draft pick.
    Unless I am mistaken, didnt the Yanks make a qualifying offer to Kuroda ($13.3mil for 1 year)? If so, not sure he takes a 1 year deal for less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Sounds more like a pile of garbage
    One mans garbage is another mans treasure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    no only reason i want kuroda is to say F U to the yanks. but hes not coming here he wants to stay with one of the LA teams or the yankees before he goes back to japan to finish his career
    Hahaha, good luck saying F U to the yanks. And besides Kuroda's only gonna be around for 1 year. I think the Red Sox might steal him away from the Yanks actually, they need pitching BAD and their farm system isn't as strong as it used to be.

vCash

Ya, kind of off the Davis stuff, can't see why they would move him. Just was an idea, but seems unrealistic. Still like the idea of looking at Neise, IF we move MB. Don't want 3 lefties in the starting 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    In order to say FU to the yankees, how about beating them once for a change?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty1 69 View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, didnt the Yanks make a qualifying offer to Kuroda ($13.3mil for 1 year)? If so, not sure he takes a 1 year deal for less.
    Yes they did. The thing about Kuroda is he has leverage in that he wants to go back to Japan, so it will force the Yanks to pony up at least the amount of the qualifying offer, probably. As i said the other day, i don't think there would be a lot of interest from other teams because he is old and you would lose a top draft pick. I did hear rumblings Dodgers had interest, though i think they'd be crazy to do it.

I kind of think the competition is between the yanks and Japan. Wouldn't touch it for the jays to lose our 2nd rounder. Slot will be $1mm anyways plus what we can save drafting seniors, so it will be another $2mm Smoral type pick, depending on who's available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Buerhle most likely to be flipped but if he does it will be for another pitcher. Maybe in a package to get another flame thrower or Cliff Lee please please.

Lee, JJ, Morrow, Romero and Happ would be sick.
    Where are you getting that information that Buerhle is most likely to be flipped? He is locked into his current contract for 5 more years. Please don't say it has to do with this "He is a pitbull owner and they are banned in Ontario bs!"

More likely of a possibility is the flipping of Josh Johnson the soon to be free agent after the season.

vCash
    whoops, wrong thread
    Last edited by 2009mvp; 11-19-2012 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Where are you getting that information that Buerhle is most likely to be flipped? He is locked into his current contract for 5 more years. Please don't say it has to do with this "He is a pitbull owner and they are banned in Ontario bs!"

More likely of a possibility is the flipping of Josh Johnson the soon to be free agent after the season.
    I thought Buerhle only had 3 more years on his deal?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast