Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    happ is decent....however hes in contract year...he struck out like 6 batters in a row in one game
    MLBTR had said Happ is under team control thru 2014.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ja_happ/

vCash
    He is which is why you hold onto him. He's a good,cheap option under team control.

vCash
    Let's say the Jays go land another starter....do you think it's to actually step in and be the #5 guy, or do you think it's a swingman and Happ is #5?

Let's say Happ becomes the swing man...then there's him, possibly Oliver, Cecil, and Loup in the discussion for lefties in the pen. How do you see think playing out? Can't see all 4 on the team.

vCash
    Gavin Floyd, Matt Thornton and Gordon Beckham for JA Happ and Emilio Bonifacio.

That gives you a durable 5th starter that will give you at least 180 innings, a very good left reliever and a very good defensive 2nd baseman with some pop.

The Sox get an option to replace Floyd in the rotation and a god option for 3rd base in Bonifacio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Gavin Floyd, Matt Thornton and Gordon Beckham for JA Happ and Emilio Bonifacio.

That gives you a durable 5th starter that will give you at least 180 innings, a very good left reliever and a very good defensive 2nd baseman with some pop.

The Sox get an option to replace Floyd in the rotation and a god option for 3rd base in Bonifacio.
    He's not THAT good.

vCash
    I noticed that, I did it on my phone with stupid autospell. But really he would be god compared to what the Sox have right now to play 3B.

vCash
    ^While that is actually a fairly reasonable trade offer (I like Thornton a lot, much more then Floyd who I don't really see as an upgrade over Happ) I don't think the Jays would be willing to move Bonafacio for someone like Beckham. As much as Thornton would be great for our pen, even with the likes of Oliver and Loup - Floyd and Beckham would be lateral moves at best over Happ and Bonafacio.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Bonafacio can do in the 9 spot in our lineup with Reyes batting leadoff. His speed, versatility to playing multiple positions as well as being a switch hitter makes him much more valuable (at least to me) then Beckham. That and our bullpen is already very solid, and 4 million (i think that's how much Thornton is getting paid) would probably be better spent in another way. Not sure how much Floyd makes either but it's probably considerably more then JA Happ (again whom I like better).

vCash
    Beckham is garbage, didnt he have like an obp of 280 last year. Boni is a lot more versatile and has elite speed and gets on base at a good clip. That's way more valuable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    MLBTR had said Happ is under team control thru 2014.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ja_happ/
    by the time his contract is up...sanchez or syndergaard will be ready

vCash
    Buerhle most likely to be flipped but if he does it will be for another pitcher. Maybe in a package to get another flame thrower or Cliff Lee please please.

Lee, JJ, Morrow, Romero and Happ would be sick.

vCash
    I would love to see a rotation of Johnson, Morrow, Buerhle, Dempster and Romero. If you could get Dempster to sign a one year + option deal or a cheap two year deal, he would be a great fit for this rotation and locker room. Happ is a perfect fit as the 6th starter/long reliever/ 3rd pen lefty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
    I would love to see a rotation of Johnson, Morrow, Buerhle, Dempster and Romero. If you could get Dempster to sign a one year + option deal or a cheap two year deal, he would be a great fit for this rotation and locker room. Happ is a perfect fit as the 6th starter/long reliever/ 3rd pen lefty.
    Dempster would get shelled in the AL East he was great in the NL but last year when traded to Rangers he was shelled. ERA over 5 and a whip over 1.4 no thanks to him.

vCash
    dempster....not a fit...sanchez...maybe...cuz he did well during the playoffs

vCash
    lol id look at dempster for a longman relief role, but def not as a starter

vCash
    Happ isn't bad for a fifth starter, but if you want a big upgrade go for Hiroki Kuroda. He would probably be our #3 or 4, but he is another innings eater who gets the job done.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast