Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which Vikings Are You Most Excited About For Next Season?

I think Teddy will take a step forward. Not sure how much if we keep AP, but I think he finally starts looking like a legit long-term NFL starter.

Danielle Hunter will have double digit sacks. Every time I hear something about this guy I love him even more. Seems like he works his *** off every chance he gets and is legitimately learning his craft. I'm so excited for him.

Diggs gets over 1000 yards, even if he's not the true #1 per se.

Sharrif finally emerges as a dominant DT. With that, I think our D-line becomes the best in the league.

Kendricks and Barr will both play at a Pro Bowl level next year. Barr in particular starts getting recognized as one of the best LB's in the league.

Yesterday was disappointing, folks, but the future remains bright.

vCash
    In order of how excited I am to see these guys further develop:
    1. Hunter
    2. Diggs
    3. Kendricks
    4. Waynes

Man we killed it in this last draft and thats not even looking at Clemmings (who I feel started playing better toward the end of the year) and Edmund Robinson showing to be a good special teamer and backup LB. I'm so excited for this next draft to see who else we are going to develop. This team seems like they are just going to keep rolling in young talent

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    In order of how excited I am to see these guys further develop:
    1. Hunter
    2. Diggs
    3. Kendricks
    4. Waynes

Man we killed it in this last draft and thats not even looking at Clemmings (who I feel started playing better toward the end of the year) and Edmund Robinson showing to be a good special teamer and backup LB. I'm so excited for this next draft to see who else we are going to develop. This team seems like they are just going to keep rolling in young talent
    started thinking of my list before I opened the thread and you already wrote it down in order for me!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    started thinking of my list before I opened the thread and you already wrote it down in order for me!!!!
    great minds my man, great minds

vCash
    This is a really hard question because there are sooo many. We have such a young and talented team. If we continue to build on what we have the future looks very promising. I'll make a top 3 but it'll be off the top of my head.

1. Teddy - imo it has to be Teddy. He's the leader of this team and the QB. Teddy worked his tail off last year and I have no reason to believe he won't work even harder. I expect him to come in another 5 pounds bulkier and just more confident in general.

2. Trae Waynes - This may surprise some but he's still somewhat of a mystery but damn he really played well in yesterdays game. The few times before that I thought he played really good too. Not to mention he was our best tackler if not up there for Special Teams. I think he's got a bright future and there is no doubt in my mind that he is ready to take that other CB position.

3. Man it's really a toss up but I gotta go with Diggs. We've seen it the last 2 years where we think we have found our go to receiver only to have them falter. Patterson & Johnson.

Honorable Mention - speaking of Patterson. I am really interested to see if he turns down any more advice in regards to working with a top notch WR. Personally I just don't think Patterson gets it but he is unbelievably talented and I think with hard work he could be a contributor as a WR.

vCash
    Waynes and Hunter. Personally have enjoyed seeing Zimmer bring Waynes along slowly, he stepped up in the wildcard game and I hope it's a sign of things to come. Hunter looks legit, near top of the pile for rookie sacks this season, flashing some great instincts.

Oh and Josh Doctson when we draft him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRKDIGGGL3R View Post
    Waynes and Hunter. Personally have enjoyed seeing Zimmer bring Waynes along slowly, he stepped up in the wildcard game and I hope it's a sign of things to come. Hunter looks legit, near top of the pile for rookie sacks this season, flashing some great instincts.

Oh and Josh Doctson when we draft him
    idk man, I have a feeling theres a couple guys that we can get later in the draft that you may like as a Doctson alternative.

vCash
    Everyone!!!!!

Sky is the limit for this team.

Did anybody see Zimmer's locker room speech? Man it made me tear up. I love Coach Zimmer guys. He is gonna get us a super bowl brothers

vCash
    Teddy and Hunters are my two favorites to make a huge jump. Also think Waynes will step up huge next year too. This is the first time we have a team that will be even better next year even tho we were 1 and done in the playoffs.
    Another typical Viking's loss. OFFSEASON MODE

vCash
    Hunter. He turned into a really good player, he's massive and the youngest player in the NFL.

.194/.275/.444
    A-BOMBS: 5
    RBI:12

vCash
    Waynes. Liked what i seen in the Wild Card game against Seattle. Interested to see how he progresses into next season.

vCash
    Hunter, Waynes, Teddy, Barr, Kendricks, Diggs, Harris.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    idk man, I have a feeling theres a couple guys that we can get later in the draft that you may like as a Doctson alternative.
    I've watched all but one of Doctson's games the last two years and he's the real deal. With that said, Rashard Higgins in the 2nd round would be a heck of haul, too, tagging the best S or OL available in the 1st,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    I've watched all but one of Doctson's games the last two years and he's the real deal. With that said, Rashard Higgins in the 2nd round would be a heck of haul, too, tagging the best S or OL available in the 1st,
    I actually like Cayleb Jones more then Higgins.

vCash
    I'm most excited about Hunter. His ability could give the d-line 2 excellent book ends and allow Zimmer to not have to blitz as much. Plus that puts Robison into more of a rotational player like he was earlier in his career. He could see a similar boost in performance with less playing time like Greenway did.

After Hunter it's Kendricks. If he can improve as a run defender we've got 2 3 down LBs who excel against both run and pass between him and Barr. His ability to play in space and coverage while also being a good blitzed impressed me. He had a very solid rookie year.

Diggs and Waynes are a tie for me. Diggs accomplished a lot more but if Waynes develops our defense goes to elite status. We would be stacked at every level on defense. I love Diggs playmaking ability but I do worry he may be a little limited by his size. I think if we can find another receiver to play opposite of him then we can be a little more creative with Diggs and move him around.

All in all though Spielman and company did a hell of a job drafting the last 2 seasons, especially last year. 2015's class brought us potentially 5 starters including Clemmings. Clemmings won't get much attention because he's on the line but I think he played well as a rookie given the fact he has limited experience and held his own.

My biggest excitement, though, is over who we draft in 2016. We are very close and if we hit on this upcoming draft we should definitely be in contention for a Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast