Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    I never said he wasn't better then most guys in our rotation and I am glad we are spending money I just wish we were smarter with it but if the budget really is limitless I guess I shouldn't care I have just never been impressed with Greinke and hope he doesn't flop majorly for us
    He can dominate a game completely go for 200 plus innings in a season and give you 200 plus strike outs. He is a legit #2 starter. Besides, our offense shouldnt lack much anyway this season or the foreseeable future with the guys we have on our club now. He is the easily the best available and with our club projecting a 250 mil payroll which is ridiculous btw, it shouldnt prevent us from going after who we want to include or resign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    He can dominate a game completely go for 200 plus innings in a season and give you 200 plus strike outs. He is a legit #2 starter. Besides, our offense shouldnt lack much anyway this season or the foreseeable future with the guys we have on our club now. He is the easily the best available and with our club projecting a 250 mil payroll which is ridiculous btw, it shouldnt prevent us from going after who we want to include or resign.
    Aside from the year he dominated for Royals which was 09 he has been more of a 3rd pitcher not a 2nd pitcher or an ace like he is portrayed people look at his name and say oh hes a great pitcher but aside from 09 he has been unspectacular average or slightly above average hes nothing to get too excited about

If I am not allowed to post links to ESPN I apologize I don't post often but this is his career stat line aside from 09 hes nothing great hes just a big name who gets tremendously overrated

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/...3/zack-greinke
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

vCash
    Aside from the year he dominated for Royals which was 09 he has been more of a 3rd pitcher not a 2nd pitcher or an ace like he is portrayed people look at his name and say oh hes a great pitcher but aside from 09 he has been unspectacular average or slightly above average hes nothing to get too excited about

If I am not allowed to post links to ESPN I apologize I don't post often but this is his career stat line aside from 09 hes nothing great hes just a big name who gets tremendously overrated

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/...3/zack-greinke
    Well your entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. However, I doubt your opinion is the voice of the vast majority when it comes to Greinke. I do think we will overpay for him somewhat but I also think he is a very necessary addition if we want to contend with our arch rival Giants. Let me ask you this then, where would you put the money toward instead of Greinke if you were the GM? He is easily the best starter available on the open market. Sanchez is a slightly above average pitcher and I view Lohse as a Capuano type of pitcher who is due to regress some off his great year last season. jmo though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Well your entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. However, I doubt your opinion is the voice of the vast majority when it comes to Greinke. I do think we will overpay for him somewhat but I also think he is a very necessary addition if we want to contend with our arch rival Giants. Let me ask you this then, where would you put the money toward instead of Greinke if you were the GM? He is easily the best starter available on the open market. Sanchez is a slightly above average pitcher and I view Lohse as a Capuano type of pitcher who is due to regress some off his great year last season. jmo though.
    Honestly there is no winning on the SP FA Market next years class is full of guys like Greinke who have one amazing year then a bunch of average/slightly above average years Josh Johnson, Ubaldo Jimeniez, Matt Garza...

So weak pitching market = Overpaying for a number 3 pitcher but since next years its just other guys like Greinke you will lose no matter which one you sign so I won't be happy but won't be angry either.

Greinke is prolly best choice of the guys next year as well but I just wish we had the pieces to trade for a legit ace too add with Clayton like David Price.

vCash
    Getting Zack will definitely make a difference for this team, in a very good way. We need to bolster our rotation. We shall see Dodger fans.

King Felix via trade would be simply AMAZING.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    I think if it hasn't happened by now it's probably not going to happen. I don't think the team is comfortable paying a contract like the one he is going to get. I would love to have Grienke but I think that is a good sign. Everyone is saying the team is spending poorly. I don't really agree...especially if Carl Crawford is ready to go by opening day and plays well! Guys like Sanchez, Loshe, Haren and Ryu might make more sense not matter how much money a team has to spend. As much money as the team has spent I think the only terrible contract on the team if Crawford comes back is Juan Uribe LOL!

vCash
    Cause he hasn't signed yet doesn't mean anything, winter meeting haven't even started yet
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    I Want to add that I really like the way this offseason is going. Less is more. The team doesn't need much. Most of our offseason happened in the Red Sox trade.

vCash
    I have liked Greinke since he was pitching as a teenager for the Royals, but I am concerned why he has played for 3 teams in the last 3 years. (???) He has the stats, but with how valuable solid starting pitching is...why the Brewers or the Angels hadn't locked him up before getting to free agency is bizarre to me.

If Kershaw is our next Koufax for the Dodgers, we need a tough as nails Drysdale-type to give our starting pitching an identity and depth. Not sure if Greinke can provide that, but it would be nice that all of our hopes for a title NOT to be all on Clayton where his arm falls off from over-reliance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    I have liked Greinke since he was pitching as a teenager for the Royals, but I am concerned why he has played for 3 teams in the last 3 years. (???) He has the stats, but with how valuable solid starting pitching is...why the Brewers or the Angels hadn't locked him up before getting to free agency is bizarre to me.

If Kershaw is our next Koufax for the Dodgers, we need a tough as nails Drysdale-type to give our starting pitching an identity and depth. Not sure if Greinke can provide that, but it would be nice that all of our hopes for a title NOT to be all on Clayton where his arm falls off from over-reliance.
    Brewers tried to lock him up long term but he wouldn't sign so they dealt him to Angels who have tried to bring him back, I for one am not a huge fan of Greinke and also he hasn't been pitching for Royals since he was a teenager his debut was when he was 20 almost 21

vCash
    Brewers tried to lock him up long term but he wouldn't sign so they dealt him to Angels who have tried to bring him back, I for one am not a huge fan of Greinke and also he hasn't been pitching for Royals since he was a teenager his debut was when he was 20 almost 21
    Belisario Sig
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Belisario Sig
    Yup Belisario has some sick stuff and seems to have been forgotten by some when people talk about signing Wilson or trading for Hanrahan so I figured I would remind everyone of Belisario again lol

vCash
    I dislike belisario very much lol
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    we really need to get grienke, because unless halladay pitches <220 ip next years free agent class is pretty bad.

vCash
    Greinke is nice but I'm kinda surprised you guys aren't pursuing Dickey more. With that Red Sox trade I would think you are in a "win now" mentality and that seemingly bottomless pit of money has to find bottom soon. RA is Cy Young caliber but realistically only a 3-4 yr shelf life....but he's cheap in comparison. $5M in 13 and seeking $13M per year in a 2yr extension? Kinda seems like a no-brainer but what's the thinking in Dodgerland?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast