Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Overpay for Greinke only if it means locking up Kershaw as well...
    Cap and Harang could both get traded and Ryu may not even be a Dodger I think we only put that bid on him as a backup plan. But say if the Dodgers add Ryu and a greinke/kuroda/haren that means cap lilly and harang all could end up getting traded.
    Lets not forget either that we got guys on this team that will get traded in 2-3 years(crawford,ethier,etc). In the meantime we can be set at the top of our rotation for at least 5 years with kershaw/greinke. Pitching/defense comes first right?

vCash
    Considering what we paid for the rights to sign Ryu, it's doubtful he's not with us on opening day.*

*I hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    Considering what we paid for the rights to sign Ryu, it's doubtful he's not with us on opening day.*

*I hope.
    You do get the money back if he doesn't sign with you guys though.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    exactly why i called it a back up plan...

vCash
    I think Grienke and Ryu is the plan. I don't think it will be very hard to trade Harang and Capuano. Caps might be worth keeping. Lilly will be tough to move. They would probably have to eat a bunch of money. I can see them keeping Lilly as a back up plan. I think the team will spend big money on starting pitching. They don't need much on offense except a right handed OF bat to come off the bench. I'm really hoping Cruz gets a starting job, preferably SS. The bullpen is very strong but any upgrades there would not really be considered "spending" with the budget they've shown. I think the only place the team can really improve by spending is starting pitching and that would have to be Grienke and Ryu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OaktownRaider92 View Post
    exactly why i called it a back up plan...
    I was responding to Dodgerbluemmm because with what he posted it seemed like he thought the posting fee was gone forever and would be a waste if you guys didn't sign him. Not sure why you responded about what you thought (I don't mean it in a bad way) or maybe you're just adding onto what I said? Just not sure.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-16-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Ah, thanks. I didn't know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    I'm not sure where he'll sign, but I'll tell you this, if we sign Greinke, I'll run down the street naked, I'll be so happy
    PAUSE!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dodgernation View Post
    On MLBTR today they posted how the Angels are looking into Kuroda now as an insurance plan "in case" they don't get Greinke. To me it sounds like they don't want to pay him what he wants (can't blame them either 7yr/175mill is ridiculous) but nonetheless is anyone else getting that feeling that we will pull the trigger and sign this guy?
    theres not a lot of other teams that can sign him if its us

kershaw
    greinke
    beckett
    bills/lilly
    ryu

trade cap & harang

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I think Grienke and Ryu is the plan. I don't think it will be very hard to trade Harang and Capuano. Caps might be worth keeping. Lilly will be tough to move. They would probably have to eat a bunch of money. I can see them keeping Lilly as a back up plan. I think the team will spend big money on starting pitching. They don't need much on offense except a right handed OF bat to come off the bench. I'm really hoping Cruz gets a starting job, preferably SS. The bullpen is very strong but any upgrades there would not really be considered "spending" with the budget they've shown. I think the only place the team can really improve by spending is starting pitching and that would have to be Grienke and Ryu.
    Greinke and Ryu are what I have been saying all along. With those guys in our rotation, we are stacked 1-5. I think Ryu will transition over here very well if he is signed. He has some nasty pitches. The winter meetings will tell us a lot about the makeup of our team next season imo. Although, idk what I would trade Harang and Capuano for at this point. Might as well cash in on one of them at least while their value is still high after the good seasons they both had.

vCash
    I'm not sure where he'll sign, but I'll tell you this, if we sign Greinke, I'll run down the street naked, I'll be so happy
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'm gonna hold you accountable for that..

You wanna see it don't you
    You do realize the LAsportsFan is 13 years old right? Pretty inappropriate honestly. But some of you don't have the morals Blue_French does.

vCash
    I wouldn't give Greinke more than 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    I wouldn't give Greinke more than 5 years.
    Wise, I even say we should not give to any pitcher, (only Kershaw maybe) more than a 4 years contract. Kevin Brown, Kevin Millwood, Bary Zito, Jason Scmidt for 3 years, imagine more ! darren Dreifort, the re-signing of CC Sabathia, Chan ho Park when he left the Dodgers (to the Rangers?), Mike Hampton and Denny Neagle for the Rockies, AJ Burnett, Matsuzaka, one good season out of 6 for Boston. History is full of bad long term contracts for starting pitchers.

SP is too demanding a position to give 7/8 years contract like Kemp or A-Rod. Or you must accept that you give Greinke 7 years, but he will be healthy a maximum of 4 or 5 years out of the 7.
    Or is Greinke the new Pedro Martinez or Randy Johnson ? I would not bet a buck on that!
    10-4 record at Dodger stadium !
    1-0 road record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiskeptSF:24345352
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'm gonna hold you accountable for that..

You wanna see it don't you
    You do realize the LAsportsFan is 13 years old right? Pretty inappropriate honestly. But some of you don't have the morals Blue_French does.
    HahahahAaa

A Rotation of
    Kershaw
    Grienke
    Beckett
    Bills
    Ryu

Would be amazing.

Lilly, Cap, Harang could be a fit for Houston
    2/3 could solidify their Rotation for the next year until they rebuild for the AL properly.

Can you Name 2 starting pitchers on the Astros !? I dare you.

vCash
    I'm not sure if we could trade Lilly with his injuries and contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Greinke and Ryu are what I have been saying all along. With those guys in our rotation, we are stacked 1-5. I think Ryu will transition over here very well if he is signed. He has some nasty pitches. The winter meetings will tell us a lot about the makeup of our team next season imo. Although, idk what I would trade Harang and Capuano for at this point. Might as well cash in on one of them at least while their value is still high after the good seasons they both had.
    From what I've seen and read Ryu should be fine. He has the velocity and control. Not to mention no one has ever hit off of him.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast