Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PS3 Permantly Hacked. No Solution Possible

http://www.forbes.com/sites/karstens...tion-possible/

Sony has another public image meltdown on its hands. According to a report by Playstationlifestyle.net, a group of hackers known as ‘The Three Musketeers’ claim to have discovered a security key that could potentially make all existing consoles able to*decrypt current and future games and use custom firmware. The group claims to have not intended to leak the keys but somehow it leaked anyway, found its way to a group of Chinese hackers who intended to sell it for profit, according to the report. At this point, ‘The Three Musketeers’ released the keys publicly to spite those that would profit from their work. Console security cannot, I repeat cannot, be beefed up via firmware upgrade, according to the report.

It's real, it's out there. Only solution now is to make a ps4

vCash
    Overblown.

vCash
    I mean pretty much everyone can hack 360's and Wii's at this point so what's the big deal? How many people actually pirate anyway? I thought this was a PSN hack. You had me scared for a second. PS4 is either next year or the year after so nbd.

vCash
    The only way this works is downgrading your PS3 to a older version of firmware, rendering it unable to be played online.

Not worth it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    The only way this works is downgrading your PS3 to a older version of firmware, rendering it unable to be played online.

Not worth it
    I don't care for online. I just don't want to fork over 65$$$$ for a game

vCash
    Damn almost gave me a heart attack thought online was down

vCash
    Keys were leaked way before and they just added extra security sectors. With that being said there's only so much you can do. A patch like sony has been using won't fix the issue it just covers it up

i7 3770k 16gb DDR3 GTX 780

vCash
    Just get xbox no one buys a play station for its games especially online... hey but you got blurays right? pffft 2nd rate system.
    49ersssss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImgoodHarbaughU View Post
    Just get xbox no one buys a play station for its games especially online... hey but you got blurays right? pffft 2nd rate system.
    Everything you say is wrong and you should feel bad

vCash
    Lol. Having fun paying for your console to be online? Yeah, that's not a ripoff at all. Also are you having fun putting in a 2nd disc halfway through for big games? That must be fun. And what do you guys have like 2 exclusive franchises? Halo and Gears can only get milked so much. But, what am I doing but feeding the troll.

vCash
    Omg not another console war. PC > all. All of your points are invalid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Heh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Haha yeah and the console vs. PC pissing match is any better...... You know I never had to rollback drivers on a console because a game just wouldn't work decently with the newer one, Never had games that just wouldn't perform until a patch fixed it a month after. Never had to install intrusive Copy protection. I could go on.

I really like to play on the PC, but the stupid elitism of many PC gamers is worse then the console fanboy wars.

vCash
    Enjoy your ring of death, paying for online, and once online try to beat the modded live users who always win from cheating because Xbox servers can't take em down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Haha yeah and the console vs. PC pissing match is any better...... You know I never had to rollback drivers on a console because a game just wouldn't work decently with the newer one, Never had games that just wouldn't perform until a patch fixed it a month after. Never had to install intrusive Copy protection. I could go on.

I really like to play on the PC, but the stupid elitism of many PC gamers is worse then the console fanboy wars.
    Never had to do any of this for my pc.

I don't care either way play wii for all I care. Console wars are stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast