Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Question for Browns fans

I was wondering, since I have not watched very much of any Browns game this year, do you all think Brandon Weeden is going to be good? Just out of curiosity. Thanks.

vCash
    I think he's going to be fine. He's had some really good moments and games and some games that leave you scratching your head. He's going through the learning process much like any rookie quarterback however it's magnified with him because of his age. He can make all the throws and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Getting a new coach in here will likely help him as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I think he's going to be fine. He's had some really good moments and games and some games that leave you scratching your head. He's going through the learning process much like any rookie quarterback however it's magnified with him because of his age. He can make all the throws and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Getting a new coach in here will likely help him as well.
    I agree here. Pat Spermur has really F'ed him over not trusting Weeden to call any audibles and with lame predictable play calling. Plus Weeden is hitting his rookie wall.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    We'll learn a lot about Brandon Weeden during the remaining games this season. The biggest games will obviously be 2 games against the Steelers but he's also playing teams that they should beat like the Raiders and Chiefs. Though they may have similar records to that of Cleveland they have both been beat down repeatedly. Weeden should show he can beat teams he's supposed to.

vCash
    Weeden needs to step up and show he can be a factor in the 2nd half especially the 4th Q.

vCash
    I have yet to see anything that would suggest Weeden is the answer. He is immature (despite his age), appears to have a slow learning curve (which cannot be afforded at his age), and Shurmur's excuse-making seems to be rubbing off on him. I think that adds up to Haslem finding his own guy. I have a gut feeling he will not be the starter next year.

I could see a guy like Alex Smith coming in and being the guy until we draft a true franchise QB. Smith is younger than Weeden, has proven he can win with a solid defense and run game, and could be on the way out if Kaepernick continues to grab the reigns in San Fran. Not to mention he has proven he has the arm strength and accuracy to handle the winds at Candlestick, so I would expect he could handle the winds off Lake Erie.

vCash
    There's an article in SI talking about Weeden and the Browns. It's a nice little piece that gives some reasons to believe Weeden needs the benefit of the doubt for at least another season. I just want us to have some damn stability at the position for once.

vCash
    Same here Melo.

vCash

Question for Browns fans

I don't think it would be fair to judge Weeden off just this year... WR core finally has talent but is very young.

Props to StriveGreatness

vCash
    Well put!!!

vCash
    Bring back Colt! Just kidding... I hope they stick with Weeden and stop switching QBs each year. Alex Smith is not the answer. Neither is Michael Vick. Plus I have two dogs and don't want Vick creeping around my neighborhood looking for a meal for his pack of wolves.

vCash
    He certainly looked like he belonged today. Didn't watch the game unfortunately but from what I did see he looked pretty calm and cool in the pocket. His o-line looks unbelievably solid and you could argue that McCoy would have been much more effective with improved play from that unit.

Having said that, McCoy can not make some of the throws that Weeden has made this season and neither can Matt Barkley or a lot of the other QBs that will be available to the Browns in the upcoming off-season. My guess is that unless there is a complete melt down by Weeden in the final 4 games he will be the man for the Browns going forward no matter who the coach is. Big deal he turns 30 next year. He'll have a full season under his belt as the starter with all these skilled young playmakers and they will continue to grow together.