Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,562
    vCash
    1500

    MLB Players Vote Miggy as MVP

    http://www.blessyouboys.com/2012/11/...tanding-player


    Start the Miggy = MVP and Trout got robbed flame threads!


    :cry:
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,318
    vCash
    1500
    Didn't you miss it? They already started those when Trout didn't win the Gold Glove.
    #teamboom4life

    MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,562
    vCash
    1500
    But once it is announced this place will go down in flames.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,318
    vCash
    1500
    I hope so. It'll be fun to sit back and watch it happen.
    #teamboom4life

    MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,134
    vCash
    2000
    ^Yep. Honestly I don't care if he wins it or not at this point, Miggy's name will forever be in the record books because of the triple crown and that can't be taken away.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,562
    vCash
    1500
    You guys obviously don't enjoy poking the bear like I do. lol
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    14,840
    vCash
    3312
    I'm terrified of bears

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,162
    vCash
    1500
    Just left the Angels page. I just couldn't get past "moronic voters" and had to chime in. Voters are moronic because they would vote the Triple Crown winner as MVP??? Wow! Here's what I saw and my reply...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pakman
    "He (Trout) will get rookie and a gold glove. Too bad he won't get a MVP cause of the moronic voters."

    My response:
    "I'm not trolling. Just thought I'd chime in because I'm a Detroit native and Tigers fan (and I watched every Detroit game this past season). Mike Trout is one of my favorite players in the league. His future is unbelievably bright. His season was historic. But it's hard to call the voters "moronic" when Miguel Cabrera led the league in all three major offensive categories and his team went to the World Series (where as the Angles didn't even make the playoffs). Cabrera had one of the greatest seasons EVER. In any other year, Mike Trout would have gotten my vote for MVP. But it's really hard to not give the nod to Miguel based on what he and his team accomplished. The Triple Crown hasn't been achieved since 1967."


    "Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,562
    vCash
    1500
    You will get trashed. I wouldn't go back in there and read the replies. lol.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    i would, but i would have a drink or 5 first

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,119
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iu92grad View Post
    Just left the Angels page. I just couldn't get past "moronic voters" and had to chime in. Voters are moronic because they would vote the Triple Crown winner as MVP??? Wow! Here's what I saw and my reply...

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pakman
    "He (Trout) will get rookie and a gold glove. Too bad he won't get a MVP cause of the moronic voters."

    My response:
    "I'm not trolling. Just thought I'd chime in because I'm a Detroit native and Tigers fan (and I watched every Detroit game this past season). Mike Trout is one of my favorite players in the league. His future is unbelievably bright. His season was historic. But it's hard to call the voters "moronic" when Miguel Cabrera led the league in all three major offensive categories and his team went to the World Series (where as the Angles didn't even make the playoffs). Cabrera had one of the greatest seasons EVER. In any other year, Mike Trout would have gotten my vote for MVP. But it's really hard to not give the nod to Miguel based on what he and his team accomplished. The Triple Crown hasn't been achieved since 1967."
    I agree that it's not really fair to call the entire voting base moronic. There definitely are some morons, like the guy that voted Fernando Rodney first for Cy Young. But, many of the voters aren't ready to embrace newer statistics that go against the ones they've always known. That doesn't make them all morons.

    To be fair to the Trout faction though, while it's true that the triple crown hasn't been "won" since 1967, Trout has accomplished some extremely rare feats too. Trout was only the 3rd player in history to achieve 30 HRs/49 SBs. His 30 HRs/49 SBs/129 runs would be the first in history, I believe. And the whole playoffs argument doesn't work at all. The Angels finished with a better record than the Tigers while playing in a stronger division. On top of that, when Trout was called up, the Angels were 6-14. So, their winning% with Trout is significantly higher than the Tigers winning% with Cabrera.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockerArt View Post
    I agree that it's not really fair to call the entire voting base moronic. There definitely are some morons, like the guy that voted Fernando Rodney first for Cy Young. But, many of the voters aren't ready to embrace newer statistics that go against the ones they've always known. That doesn't make them all morons.

    To be fair to the Trout faction though, while it's true that the triple crown hasn't been "won" since 1967, Trout has accomplished some extremely rare feats too. Trout was only the 3rd player in history to achieve 30 HRs/49 SBs. His 30 HRs/49 SBs/129 runs would be the first in history, I believe. And the whole playoffs argument doesn't work at all. The Angels finished with a better record than the Tigers while playing in a stronger division. On top of that, when Trout was called up, the Angels were 6-14. So, their winning% with Trout is significantly higher than the Tigers winning% with Cabrera.
    First off, Trout did have a great season, I'm not arguing that. But here's why Miggy has to be MVP

    Miggy achieved the Triple Crown, he didn't win it, it's not a prize it's an accomplishment. And one that has not been accomplished in all but one current major league player's lifetime.
    I get the whole WAR thing, I understand the whole concept, but in reality it's not a hard factual stat, it's a mathematical formula with a theoretical answer that some people view as reality, when in fact it's an "if". (and it's an "if" because you can't predict with any certainty how any player would do if they were replaced or if they played with another team. It's a guess as to how much value they have over the avg player at their position, but not necessarily all of them.)
    My main arguement is when LA needed him most, Trout didn't come through. LA could've easily made a push for the playoff, they were in it pretty much all season, but in the end, Trout batted .257 in September, when they needed him to step up the most. I've heard the argument about the Minor season being shorter, and him being tired, but he's 20 years old, so that's not really an excuse. Miggy kept pushing and came through when needed the most. That's what makes him the Most Valuable player.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    1500
    The counted votes won't be as close as people think. Achieving #1 with three major stats sure beats achieving #1 with five lesser ranked stats.

    Miggy wins the MVP and Trout gets robbed of nothing. Trout just picked the wrong season to accomplish all those extraordinary, lesser ranked feats.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    495
    vCash
    1500
    The only reasonable stat you can look at that justifies Trout is WAR(wins above replacement). Personally I think this is a misleading stat. Take Trout away from the Angels and honestly I don't think they do any better but they would not have won ten games less because of that. They still would have had the same late push and probably traded for someone to fill that whole. The Tigers without Miguel Cabrera would have easily been third in the AL Central if not worse. Taking away Cabrera forces the lineup to be drastically different. It puts Fielder in the third spot where people can throw around him. It forces Young to four and then probably Boesch all seaosn at five and we would probably still have Inge for third base. That is a lineup that would make me puke. The Tigers could not hit beach balls with that lineup. Simply put you take Trout away the Angels lose maybe four to five wins. You take away Cabrera and the Tigers probably are bottom feeders in the AL and probably lose twenty more games than they had. Cabrera isn't just a bat, he is a bat that can change the lineup overall and changes a team and makes them better at almost every aspect.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    holland MI
    Posts
    969
    vCash
    500
    I think they should have a new award called the aWARed. Give it to the guy with the highest WAR. Otherwise why even vote on it if you are just going by what a computer tells you.
    Max Scherzer season stats

    blue eyes - 1

    brown eyes - 1

    wins

    losses

    KOs

    BB

    WHIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •