Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Klay doesn't even have 82 NBA games under his belt. I think it's a little too soon to tell one way or another.

vCash

Klay Thompson isnt that good

He just needs to be a more efficient shooter. Would like to see him create his own shot more without screens

vCash
    he's the American Marco Belinelli.

vCash
    I hate overreaction threads.

vCash
    yea this thread is crap!

You understand Klay is a second year player?

Lets break it down:

Steals: above average
    Blocks: - below average but has the length to block shots
    Assists: above average
    Shooting: above average
    3 Point Shooting: above average
    Defense: Below average but has potential to be good.

Klay will hit his prime in year 4-5 and we are a lucky team to have a player of his caliber. He has the genetics to be great and the work ethic to be even greater. We need to let him play and develop. In a few years he will be a force to be dealt with.

vCash
    Two games and youre crying? Seriously. Jackson probabky told him not to shoot as much so hes prolly working on other aspects.

Esaady please merge this with curry & thompson thread

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Two games and youre crying? Seriously. Jackson probabky told him not to shoot as much so hes prolly working on other aspects.

Esaady please merge this with curry & thompson thread
    I dont think jackson would ever tell him not to shoot as much. if you have a guy who has the ability to shoot at an elite level, the last thing you want to do is mess with his confidence.

For anybody who watched the game last night- I didnt have a problem with klays offense. There was one sequence where he shot a couple very quick 3s when festus kept rebounding.... Other than that, I thought he had a good mix of drives, drive and kicks, mid range shots. A few of those drives to the basket rimmed out and we got some good follow up baskets on some as well. If he penatrates gets a good chance at the shot and gets the defense out of position.....Im not sure any coach at any level would be too upset. Some of the close shots werent finished... unfortunate, but it doesnt mean he shouldnt have taken those shots.

Now klays defense- Alexey Sheved should not be trippling his season average and shooting 12% better from the field. Even average defense, and this guy doesnt get more than 12 or 13 points. He had 22.... and m,ade it look easy on thompson.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    he's the American Marco Belinelli.
    Lol ouch!

vCash
    Who cares about Curry and Thompson, we have Harrison Barnes biatches! He's better than both already!

vCash
    Way too early to judge but I will say this team lacks a true penetrator. What made Ellis so great was that he could create his own shot, drive at will and change the entire pace/complexion of a game. He got open looks for all the shooters.

Curry and Thompson hardly drive and kick out. Probably smart right now that Curry doesn't do that because of his ankle but it will effect the team in the big spectrum of things. Thompson is still too young though, he can develop more.

But there is a little cause of concern.... But 4-4 isn't bad. I'll take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    Who cares about Curry and Thompson
    They call it a basketball TEAM because it takes all members. While Barnes has been surprisingly...even refreshingly...good, he cannot win games by himself. Eventually both Curry and Thompson will regain their strokes and we'll be a DYNAMITE team offensively.

vCash
    Sorry, I meant 5-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy #1 View Post
    What made Ellis so great was that he could create his own shot, drive at will
    Monta has one of the quickest first steps in the league. He can explode past a defender before he can react. That's always been one of Monta's greatest assets. As he gets older he'll eventually lose some of his quickness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Rondo is a great player due to his rebounding and defense. But he is a liability on offense. The more the offense runs through him on the Celtics, the more poor their offense becomes.

This is a small sample size, but Rondo and Curry have played equally good defense so far. So, right now, the only thing Rondo has on Curry is rebounding. Curry's ceiling is much higher.
    Rondo's assist/turnover ratio is higher than 4:1. He is leading the league in assists averaging over 14PPG on over 50% shooting. How is that a liability on offense?

Plus he does everything else better than Curry except shoot.
    Last edited by sfattahian; 11-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFChuck View Post
    They call it a basketball TEAM because it takes all members. While Barnes has been surprisingly...even refreshingly...good, he cannot win games by himself. Eventually both Curry and Thompson will regain their strokes and we'll be a DYNAMITE team offensively.
    I know I feel ya I'm just excited about Barnes. Thompson should be excused for his bad shooting game last night because he was sick. He is definitely pressing right now but hopefully as the season goes on he will become more relaxed and let the game come to him.

We really have no reason to complain, we are fifth in the conference. I assume we will lose in OKC but if we could win in Dallas that would be huge.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast