Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Klay is better than Monta. Klay plays really good defense, rebounds better, and has a higher eFG% despite shooting shittily so far.

Monta has not done anything better.
    klay does not play really good defense or galinari would not have gotten clear to the rim (this is even excusing the fact that klay forgot to foul- if he wasnt gonna foul... he shoulda locked him up)
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    klay does not play really good defense or galinari would not have gotten clear to the rim (this is even excusing the fact that klay forgot to foul- if he wasnt gonna foul... he shoulda locked him up)
    Klay's defense compared to the average shooting guard is really good. Him forgetting to foul was just him having a lapse in judgement.

vCash
    Klay's defense compared to the average shooting guard is really good. Him forgetting to foul was just him having a lapse in judgement.
    right ... but even if he forgot to foul. you dont forget to foul AND not play defense. Galinari should not get clear to the rim at that point in the game. (regardless of whether or not the game plan was to foul)

Also- didnt tucket abuse klay in the first game of the season. an average defensive off guard holds guys to their averages.

vCash
    His match up went 4-11.

vCash
    right ... but even if he forgot to foul. you dont forget to foul AND not play defense. Galinari should not get clear to the rim at that point in the game. (regardless of whether or not the game plan was to foul)

Also- didnt tucket abuse klay in the first game of the season. an average defensive off guard holds guys to their averages.
    One game sample size is bad, but you are using a one play sample size dude. lol

vCash
    One game sample size is bad, but you are using a one play sample size dude. lol
    Im using that to show that stats dont show everything about a player. Stats dont take into account different situations. For example- it is 50 times worse to go 0-2 from the line (and finish 2-4 in the game) in that situation than it would be to go 1/2 two times in the 1st and second quarter.

Kyle Korver shot 5-6 from the floor too...... is korver usually an 83% shooter? And he is a pretty easy cover- He really isnt going to score too many different ways.

vCash
    Im using that to show that stats dont show everything about a player. Stats dont take into account different situations. For example- it is 50 times worse to go 0-2 from the line (and finish 2-4 in the game) in that situation than it would be to go 1/2 two times in the 1st and second quarter.

Kyle Korver shot 5-6 from the floor too...... is korver usually an 83% shooter? And he is a pretty easy cover- He really isnt going to score too many different ways.
    Now we get the one game sample size opposed to one play.

vCash
    Now we get the one game sample size opposed to one play.
    well korver is not that tough of a cover, theres also tucker from the suns. give me a few examples where klay completely frusterated a quality offensive player then?

vCash
    T. Allen G-F 29:49 3-9

W. Green G 15:54 1-4

T. Evans G 29:14 1-9

vCash
    There are more games of him playing good defense. And 83 percent is likely not even from bad defense, that percentage is unsustainable no matter the defender.

vCash

Klay Thompson isnt that good

I thought he was the next Reggie Miller. But he had been a dissapointment. He scores because he always forces his shot. I really hope hes just been cold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepitSolid1 View Post
    I thought he was the next Reggie Miller. But he had been a dissapointment. He scores because he always forces his shot. I really hope hes just been cold

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Sophomore slump calm down and give it time. There's parts of his game that worries me also but it's only year 2 he will get better

THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

vCash
    Your spelling is a disappointment, but I agree with you. As a fan I'd like to believe that he is in a shooting slump, but he does take ill advised shots more often than not. He needs to look to pass when he gets in the lane - like running a pick and roll. I've seen Lee or Landry just wide open time and time again when Klay comes off the curl or screen. Majority of the time he chooses the lay up. If he can improve that aspect of his game, the defense will not only have to honor his jump shot, but his dribble penetration as well; therefore giving him more space on the perimeter.

vCash
    reggie miller- I dunno. Hes a better shooter than this. If it makes you feel better... he took like 3 of those shots on one posession when festus kept keeping the ball alive. if it werent for Festus' effort and rebounding, thompson would have been like 5-11 tonight.

Thompson's ability to be a great shooter is really the one thing I would never question about him. He has other areas of his game I would worry about more than a slump. He is going to come out of this slump, he just needs to take keep taking good shots and not lose confidence.

Hes the type of shooter who could blow up for 28 or so any night though. I'd like to see him get a few easy ones early in games... on back door cuts... running off weakside screens for 15-17 foot shots from the elbows.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast