Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    No but he let Paul affect the game, even when Paul's shot wasn't going down. That's a sign of a bad defender.
    We all watched that game and we all know how the refs called it.

Not only that, but for the NBA the refs call the game in favor of the home team, as in they get 60 percent of the calls. That's due to the subjective nature of foul calls and loud fans near by.

vCash
    finally a thread about the launch twins

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    finally a thread about the launch twins

You should change the thread title.

vCash
    Why not talke about David Lee he's shooting just 43% and the majority of his shots come 18 feet and in.

Ty Lawson is shooting 10% less than last year, time for Denver to make a trade. Pau is shooting 40%, guess the lakers should deal him.

Hell, does anyone know what Monta Ellis is shooting?

39%

Overreactions make the majority of the Warriors fans sound like a bunch of 12 year old girls.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    PSD, where the small sample size rules. lol.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Although I think that a Curry/Thompson backcourt is better than a Curry/Ellis one, I'm not sure they mesh well together as a duo. I've said it before in another post...Thompson is a 6'7 version of Curry. Both are known as shooters and not really much else. Neither has the speed to consistently get into the paint nor the strength to do so. They are what the are, but either one needs a athletic, speedy guard to play next to them that can also defend. Whether is Curry + someone else or Klay and someone else. Thats why I like someone like Evan Turner. He's everything that Klay Thompson isn't and vice versa. Thompson is a shooter, Turner doesn't have much of a jump shot and will look to attack the rim whenever possible. Thompson isn't athletic and Turner is. Thompson is much of a rebounder while Evan is at 8 per game. The fact is, Turner would be a much more complimenting backcourt mate to Curry. I wouldn't mind trading away Curry, but the Warriors just committed to him long term so to suggest trading him is an improbability.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    LacobWestDuo

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    so the people who go off topic are the whiners/crybabies?

i dont recall pulling many ODP's

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Matt Steinmetz has a great point.

First of all, to be openly honest, I was never a fan of drafting Klay Thompson. When the Warriors drafted him, I knew right away that they had a plan in the back of their minds to get Monta off their books. I knew right away that Monta was a goner when they drafted Klay.

If you think Klay is a better back court mate to Curry than Monta was then you need to open your eyes. Klay chucks just as much as Monta does, lets take a look at the statistics of how he recently blew the game against Denver, (not to mention he had an even worse game recently against the Hawks)

Klay took 15 three point attempts, missed some clutch FTd to lose us the game, 9-26 shooting in 54 minutes. Warriors fans, u cool with that? Im fckin not! #MontasBetter

As a starter so far, Klay has a worse fg% than Monta did and takes just as many shots per game. Klay is just another perimeter shooter...

Til this day, I cant understand why the Warriors didn't draft a winning small forward who can defend, (Dorell Wright was in the middle of his 3 year contract at the time so he was trade bait and would have demanded big bucks and the warriors might have overpaid for him), I cant understand why we didnt draft a winning small forward who can DEFEND. #KawhiLeonard

Said it before and il say it again, WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED KAWHI LEONARD OVER KLAY THOMPSON, then MAYBE WE'D STILL HAVE #MONTA! (and a better small forward). More importantly, a player who can defend.

The Warriors have been talking about being a better defensive team, so if you think Curry/Klay is a better defensive backcourt than Curry/Monta then you are a homer.

And whoever said "if u think Curry is better than Rondo then you are a homer", your actually a mega homer.

OKC would never want Westbrook for Curry, nor would Boston ever want Curry for Rondo.

My new nickname for Klay Thompson is #chucknation

vCash
    Lol gbabf dude. Monta is/was a good player but we were clearly not getting better with him on our team.

Kawhi leonard is good but he doesnt warrant a lottery pick. I absolutely love his defense but you know what? With Kawhi, we wouldnt have gotten Barnes, and IMO Barnes is way better.

And its apparent klay is an asset. I say it all the time, hes a launcher, but once he settles in i think hell learn and know when to take good shots. Theres a reason many GMs love Klay. He practiced with team USA and everybody including Kobe said good things about him. So im glad we have Klay and not Kawhi.

Youre only a homer for Kawhi cuz u go to SDSU.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killaT View Post
    Matt Steinmetz has a great point.

First of all, to be openly honest, I was never a fan of drafting Klay Thompson. When the Warriors drafted him, I knew right away that they had a plan in the back of their minds to get Monta off their books. I knew right away that Monta was a goner when they drafted Klay.

I still have reservations about the monta trade because of boguts current situation, but Klay was the best player on the board. I thought his role was going to be to take over reggie williams role and be an upgrade eventually.

If you think Klay is a better back court mate to Curry than Monta was then you need to open your eyes. Klay chucks just as much as Monta does, lets take a look at the statistics of how he recently blew the game against Denver, (not to mention he had an even worse game recently against the Hawks)

I don't think klay is better than monta. A lot of people on here think because hes taller hes better. I dont think monta missed 2 straight free throws in over time either if we had him instead of klay.

You know what I was thinking about thats kind of Ironic. Klay lost the game against denver by not fouling when he should have. I remember a couple years ago- monta ellis got called for a really questionable call for fouling a guy at half court and it gave denver 3 free throws and monta lost the game that way for us. (I think the foul call was a horrible call that most officials wouldnt call).

Klay took 15 three point attempts, missed some clutch FTd to lose us the game, 9-26 shooting in 54 minutes. Warriors fans, u cool with that? Im fckin not! #MontasBetter

agreed monta is better. How well does the rest of the team play when monta is on the court though? This is also kind of a small sample size for a very inexpierienced Klay thompson....Monta at his best is a lot better than Klay at his best though..... its not even close.

As a starter so far, Klay has a worse fg% than Monta did and takes just as many shots per game. Klay is just another perimeter shooter...

maybe, he doesnt take as many shots as monta though does he?... Montas also completely dominated the ball though. A part of me puts the stats aside and I just tell myself- hes the only one on the team who can make things happen.... so hes trying to do a little bit more than he was capable of and it could hurt his stats.

Til this day, I cant understand why the Warriors didn't draft a winning small forward who can defend, (Dorell Wright was in the middle of his 3 year contract at the time so he was trade bait and would have demanded big bucks and the warriors might have overpaid for him), I cant understand why we didnt draft a winning small forward who can DEFEND. #KawhiLeonard

barnes has far more upside than Leonard. If we drafted leonard- he wouldnt be the same player. The spurs have a way of putting mediocre players in perfect situations to look good. Thats why they can draft anywhere and somehow look good doing it.

Said it before and il say it again, WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED KAWHI LEONARD OVER KLAY THOMPSON, then MAYBE WE'D STILL HAVE #MONTA! (and a better small forward). More importantly, a player who can defend.

The Warriors have been talking about being a better defensive team, so if you think Curry/Klay is a better defensive backcourt than Curry/Monta then you are a homer.

I dont think there is much difference on defense. Klay seems to be rebounding well though. Monta provided the team with a go to guy though- not the best in the league- but monta was a gamer and we miss that alpha dog in tight games.

And whoever said "if u think Curry is better than Rondo then you are a homer", your actually a mega homer.

OKC would never want Westbrook for Curry, nor would Boston ever want Curry for Rondo.

My new nickname for Klay Thompson is #chucknation
    I dont think klay is locked to be a superstar like some people do. But I think the warriors were thinking this way.

There is a drop off from Monta to Klay.....but a good shooting guard is easier to find than a good center. The potential improvement at center is like 5 times the drop off at shooting guard. ALSO- A big defensive minded center is going to impact the level of defense on the team more than a shooting guard- Monta was a poor defender anyway (part of the reason was he was giving up 3 or 4 inches and 15-25 lbs to most of his opponents)
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Rondo is a great player due to his rebounding and defense. But he is a liability on offense. The more the offense runs through him on the Celtics, the more poor their offense becomes.

This is a small sample size, but Rondo and Curry have played equally good defense so far. So, right now, the only thing Rondo has on Curry is rebounding. Curry's ceiling is much higher.
    Equally good on defense??? Uhhh Somebody is looking too hard at the advanced stats. Rondo plays better defense than Curry every night. And how is Rondo a liability on offense? He is among the league leaders and steals which lead to easy transition buckets. He is also among the league leaders in assists every year. He is also a triple double threat every night. He is also much better at breaking down the defender and getting into the lane. Once he is in the lane he can finish after contact or find open shooters.

Try watching basketball games instead of looking at a handful of games advanced stats. Your analysis of Rondo versus Curry has been way off. Suge knight is right on the money.
    Last edited by sfattahian; 11-16-2012 at 05:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Rondo doesn't get to the rim more than Curry, actually. And it's well documented he passes too much in situations that he should be scoring. He is a better rebounder and defender. But still remains a liability on offense with poor shooting ability.

It's well documented in the advanced stats, but if you need a video of him not taking a shot he should, here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQC6oCi78x4

He is a great player. Plays tough, rebounds well, and plays elite defense. However, he remains a liability on offense. It's why the Celtics were willing to do a deal straight up. Because Curry has a much higher ceiling. Rondo, right now, is a better player, but Curry has a higher ceiling.
    Rondo has already won an NBA championship as the primary ballhandler, How high do you need his ceiling to be? Curry is what he is, You can't keep talking about ceilings. Rondo Has been there and done that. What has Curry done? Not much. As a point guard Rondo is much better Regardless of what do you think Curry has a higher ceiling or not. He is a shooting guard trapped in a point guards body. Rondo Is a beast!

vCash
    rondo is a great player..but he was put in the perfect situation. the team had pierce, then traded to get the big three. rondo just started shining because of that. he wouldnt be who he is today without them.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    and KillaT, its not that Klay or Curry had a bad game vs the Hawks. obviously MJ told them not to shoot as much because it was hurting them. they were averaging like 30% from three..when you launch 15 threes, something is wrong with you unless you go 12 for 16 like j. rich did. i know youre in SD now, and im assuming you stream the games..but did you even watch it? its a dumb statement to say klay had a bad game. what really happened was they pounded the paint and got 42 points that way, rather than be a perimeter team, which is much much more effective.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast