Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rondo is better now, but Curry is younger and has a higher fg percentage last I checked, I think it's safe to say if you put aside his glass ankles, Curry has more potential.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    Rondo is better than Curry, if you think otherwise your a homer.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rondora01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...curryst01.html

They are much closer than people think. This is all reputation.

vCash
    I value defense & getting other's involved. 36 straight games of 10+ assist.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    I value defense & getting other's involved. 36 straight games of 10+ assist.
    Curry and Rondo have been equally good defensively this year. And Rondo has a higher turnover rate than Curry.

Secondly, it doesn't matter what you value. What matters is actual production. Rondo is good, but severely overrated because he has played on a great team.

vCash
    I think once we play with Bogut more consistently everyone on the starting 5's production will go up as they begin to mesh. You can tell Curry and Lee already have chemistry, if Bogut and Barnes can develop it with them and Klay, it will be great to watch.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Curry and Rondo have been equally good defensively this year. And Rondo has a higher turnover rate than Curry.

Secondly, it doesn't matter what you value. What matters is actual production. Rondo is good, but severely overrated because he has played on a great team.
    What are you talking about? Rondo has an assist to turnover ratio of 4.06, Curry has an assist to turnover ratio of 1.58. That's almost 3 more assist per turnover. Rondo is shooting 51% from the field, Curry is shooting 37% from the field. Rondo is averaging 4.9 rebounds per game, Curry is averaging 4.5 rebounds per game. And there's no question Rondo's defense is better. Not too mention that Rondo has playoff experience and plays with an edge. So tell me exactly how Curry is better?

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    No one said Curry was better, we said Curry had more upside.

Based on career averages Rondo has a slight edge due to rebounding and defense, but thanks to his lack of ability to shoot and a high turnover ratio for a pass first guard, Curry produces more points on offense.

Curry has a higher ceiling because you can be taught defense. Curry has already improved his defensive possessions to 101 points given up per 100 possession.

Rondo, right now, is the better player, but it's pretty obvious Curry has the higher ceiling. Why do you think a smart, well ran franchise like the Celtics want to do a trade for Curry and Rondo swap straight up? Just cause?

vCash
    No one said Curry was better, we said Curry had more upside.

Based on career averages Rondo has a slight edge due to rebounding and defense, but thanks to his lack of ability to shoot and a high turnover ratio for a pass first guard, Curry produces more points on offense.

Curry has a higher ceiling because you can be taught defense. Curry has already improved his defensive possessions to 101 points given up per 100 possession.

Rondo, right now, is the better player, but it's pretty obvious Curry has the higher ceiling. Why do you think a smart, well ran franchise like the Celtics want to do a trade for Curry and Rondo swap straight up? Just cause?
    You keep mentioning turnovers, Since Curry entered the league in 2009, his assist to turnover ratio average is 1.58, Rondo's assist to turnover ratio since 2009 is 3.23. So tell me how Curry is a more efficient passer? And just because Curry has improved his defense, doesn't mean he's a good defender. He's still a defensive liability. I would love to see Curry slow down Paul, Williams, Rondo, etc. He physically can't do that. You trade Curry for Rondo straight up right now, were a better team. And you act like Rondo is old, he's only 26 years old, and can still vastly improve his game.

vCash
    It's coupled with poor shooting is why I am mentioning it. Rondo is a liability on offense. And the more the offense runs though him the lower the teams points per possession gets.

Curry is much better offensively and since Jackson has been coaching Curry his defense has improved every game and so has his rebounding.

Rondo right now wins two phases of the game, rebounding and defense, but the really bad shooting ability makes it very close.

Gun to the head, I'd pick Rondo, but there is a reason Celtics want Curry and that's because you can't teach shooting the way Curry shoots. You can teach defense.

vCash
    You keep mentioning turnovers, Since Curry entered the league in 2009, his assist to turnover ratio average is 1.58, Rondo's assist to turnover ratio since 2009 is 3.23. So tell me how Curry is a more efficient passer? And just because Curry has improved his defense, doesn't mean he's a good defender. He's still a defensive liability. I would love to see Curry slow down Paul, Williams, Rondo, etc. He physically can't do that. You trade Curry for Rondo straight up right now, were a better team. And you act like Rondo is old, he's only 26 years old, and can still vastly improve his game.
    I am not sure you remember the game where Chris Paul went 2/9 against Curry.

Must have forgot, dude?

vCash
    I am not sure you remember the game where Chris Paul went 2/9 against Curry.

Must have forgot, dude?
    You mean when Paul also went 16-16 from the line, and had double digit assist? Yeah I remember.

vCash
    And I'm not even going to reason with someone who's saying Rondo's a liability on offense.

vCash
    And I'm not even going to reason with someone who's saying Rondo's a liability on offense.
    The result is an offense tied for 25th in offensive efficiency. He plays great defense and rebounds, which makes him a good player. But simply being able to pass well does not mean you are a good offensive player.

vCash
    You mean when Paul also went 16-16 from the line, and had double digit assist? Yeah I remember.
    Yeah, damn Curry, didn't make him miss his free throws.

LOL

vCash
    Yeah, damn Curry, didn't make him miss his free throws.

LOL
    No but he let Paul affect the game, even when Paul's shot wasn't going down. That's a sign of a bad defender.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast