Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    We all know Klay is a great shooter. But it is certainly alarming that he has not shot higher than 41.1% in a game so far this year after 10 games. But it's not like he is missing good shots… He is taking terrible shots. It's not that he can't shoot it's that his shot selection is poor right now.

Part of the reason he has not shot well is because he is having to create his own shot which he is not good at yet. Which brings us back to the point that we need a true distributor, a pass-first point guard, maybe off the bench. If we had one then I think Curry and Thompson's numbers would skyrocket. Problem is if we play Steph and Thompson together with Jack, we are small.

I'm not sure what you guys think but I think that both Curry and Thompson are more effective off the ball right now. If Curry can get into the lane more consistently it should open up the perimeter for Thompson. If Curry doesn't develop that part of his game though I see Thompson continuing to struggle to find good shots.
    I would like Tyreke Evans off the bench as a sixth man for instant offense. I like the way he attacks the hoop and gets to the line. But he is a little turnover prone and tunnel visioned.
    wasnt curry creating for others very well towards the end of his rookie season. I mean he had anthony tolliver, anthony morrow and chris hunter all scoring a ton of points. I know ti was nelsons system- but I remember curry constantly having more than 25 pts and more than 8 assists. he had like 5 or 6 30 10 games too and another 5 or 6 where he was like 28 and 12 or 31 and 9.

I was never sold on klay being headed towards being a superstar... stats dont mean a lot when the team is openly tanking. However- him struggling to shoot it doesnt concern me. It would be nice if he used this time to move without the ball, penatrate more, maybe try to take smaller defenders on the block. Become a better all around player.

BTW- Barnes hasnt been shooting the outside shot too well either, yet he seems to be improving at a very fast pace. I said it in pre season, Ill say it again. barnes has the highest upside on the team and it isnt even close.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Tyreke was rookie of the year a couple years ago. He's gone downhill since but his supporting cast hasn't been the best. He's still young and I don't think it's reasonable to say he'll never amount to anything. He definitely belongs in the NBA.

Thompson had had the flu for 10 games? Didn't know that. I do know his shot selection needs to improve. And yea I should hope his shooting improves, it can't really get much worse.

vCash
    I think at this point it has hurt our offense when we try to run it through curry. Because he and klay wanna just launch. We seem to b more effective when Barnes plays point forward, this way both klay and curry can become more catch n shoot and play off the ball. Barnes also is showing that although he needs to work more on his dribbling technique he can play point forward and get to the hoop effectively.

THE REAL FRANCHISE WARRIORS!

vCash
    Tyreke was rookie of the year a couple years ago. He's gone downhill since but his supporting cast hasn't been the best. He's still young and I don't think it's reasonable to say he'll never amount to anything. He definitely belongs in the NBA.

Thompson had had the flu for 10 games? Didn't know that. I do know his shot selection needs to improve. And yea I should hope his shooting improves, it can't really get much worse.
    Tyreke is better than this regardless of his teammates. He needs a change of scenery. The kings havent really built around him. They probably dont want to trade him when he has no value, because he is young and hes very talented.... but for tyreke, something has to change.

Klay needs to play with confidence, not hang his head, and be aggressive. If he misses shots thats fine. I personally think his confidence took a huge hit when he missed those 2 free throws against the nuggets in overtime. I really hope we dont have a nick anderson situation. Klays one of the best shooters in the world right now and hes 22 yrs old....

He is taking some questionable shots, but I think he is being told to keep shooting it and not pass up shots... LOl he just needs a game or 2 when his shot is falling. He should look to do some of the things barnes has been doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayareaboy View Post
    I think at this point it has hurt our offense when we try to run it through curry. Because he and klay wanna just launch. We seem to b more effective when Barnes plays point forward, this way both klay and curry can become more catch n shoot and play off the ball. Barnes also is showing that although he needs to work more on his dribbling technique he can play point forward and get to the hoop effectively.
    I dont think barnes really plays point forward. LOL they just try to isolate him uptop with the ball.... which is fine on occasion, I like him being aggressive, but barnes handling the ball isnt a good solution to curry not being a point guard. Curry might not be a perfect point guard, but he can do a lot better than what we have seen so far this season. he did it in his rookie season.

vCash
    Tyreke's rookie year was the outlier, not the mean.

He's done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I dont think barnes really plays point forward. LOL they just try to isolate him uptop with the ball.... which is fine on occasion, I like him being aggressive, but barnes handling the ball isnt a good solution to curry not being a point guard. Curry might not be a perfect point guard, but he can do a lot better than what we have seen so far this season. he did it in his rookie season.
    I know it hasn't actually been a point forward roll but it has seem like it at times when he brings the ball down the court and creates off his drive for others. Also it allows curry to get off the ball. The plays were he takes it are plays designed for him. Jackson had been giving him more plays towards him cuz if his aggressiveness in games lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

He's done.
    thats ridiculous. too much talent and such a young player. He might not be a future top 10 player in the league like people thought during his rookie season. Tyreke can still be an above average player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayareaboy View Post
    I know it hasn't actually been a point forward roll but it has seem like it at times when he brings the ball down the court and creates off his drive for others. Also it allows curry to get off the ball. The plays were he takes it are plays designed for him. Jackson had been giving him more plays towards him cuz if his aggressiveness in games lately
    when barnes has it up top.... he is looking to score almost every single time.

your point forward might be draymond green in the future. I have a feeling nelson would LOVE a guy like green. He kinds plays like billy owens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    thats ridiculous. too much talent and such a young player. He might not be a future top 10 player in the league like people thought during his rookie season. Tyreke can still be an above average player.
    I'd be willing to bet he will never be above average or even average.

vCash
    Curry shouldn't play off the ball for the majority of the game. He's our PG and he needs to get better at it by playing the position more and learning the nuisances of the game.

He's our best basketball player and he's been great in the past with the ball in his hands and he's gotten far less fancy dribbling the ball which minimizes his mistakes.

He has not been bad, and he should not be moved to off guard. His decision making has gotten much better over the years.

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

He's done.
    Dude you should learn from others on this website... If you keep spitting out nonsense people are going to just ignore you. Just try and be reasonable. You don't have to agree with me on anything but be realistic.

vCash
    Stylez and beans you both make a good point that Curry has been good at it in the past. I just wonder if he can do it when the games matter. But he has proven he can do it.

vCash
    Stylez and beans you both make a good point that Curry has been good at it in the past. I just wonder if he can do it when the games matter. But he has proven he can do it.
    The mavs game will be a good game to watch curry and Thompson. This team has the best collection of guards that we've faced thus far.

I'm rescinding my comment about the mavs guards. Mayo played great but the Clippers had the best guards and we beat them too
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 11-20-2012 at 12:17 AM.

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Dude you should learn from others on this website... If you keep spitting out nonsense people are going to just ignore you. Just try and be reasonable. You don't have to agree with me on anything but be realistic.
    Have to agree with this because its one thing to discuss or debate it's another thing to get hella mad and never be open minded about anything and only believe what u think is right. NOMATTER how right or wrong u are.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast