Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Really, we're now gonna blame the refs for this crappy team? We're always looking for excuses.
    Both refs & team can't be bad?

Yesterday, Boston not TO was on the wrong end of calls, poor officiating didn't stop them from winning. Yet their fans were complaining about calls not in their favor, were they trying to miss place blame or do they see that their is a problem with officiating?.

Easy to say when you have a bad team getting bad calls, your miss placing blame & or making excuses.

vCash
    For sure the refs and the team can be bad. But when you have a crappy team, its not the ref's fault your losing.

vCash
    For sure the refs and the team can be bad. But when you have a crappy team, its not the ref's fault your losing.
    Obviously bad teams find ways to lose. Currently with Lowry down & the uncertainty, lack of production from SF, the Raptors are definitely struggling, can't argue the fact.

If you are referring to my 2 game example in this thread where I pointed out the Raptors losing to Indiana/Utah.

The refs took away possession in a tied game with less than 24 secs left with no clear evidence of being right. Whether anyone considers the Raptors a good or bad team, the game was decided by officiating.

Against Utah, Raptors had a double digit lead looking to extend when Utah the less aggressive team benefited from getting to the line 23 more times in the 2nd half in a game that went to overtime.

Out of 9 games played, Raptors only had 2 "bad" games, OKC & Boston but are 2 - 7.

Funny enough Raptors benefited from officiating in their loss to Boston.

vCash
    Though the Raps are no elite team, they certainly were robbed a few games:

One was the Brooklyn game where Raps weren't getting calls, yet they gave Brooklyn the benefit of the doubt several times! Raps should have had that one if the refs weren't making horrible calls.

Utah game when Demar got fouled several times without a call. No business the Raps should have gone into Triple OT -- granted the Raps were letting their guard down at the end, Demar should have had a couple of extra fouls in that game. Raps should have won this game as well.

Should be 4-5 by now. Not bad considering 2/5th of their starting lineup is already out with injuries, including their best player.

Upgrading is a whole different issue, let's see what happens:

vCash
    I was not referring to any one post or any specific game. I just think that blaming officiating is an excuse. Like B2B said, bad teams find ways to lose games. And right now, today, we're a bad team. I really hope they can get it turned around. Gotta at least stay within arms reach of .500.

vCash
    I haven't watched the last 2 games how was the reffing after we filed these complaints?? Was there any change or still the same??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I haven't watched the last 2 games how was the reffing after we filed these complaints?? Was there any change or still the same??
    well lol we got good calls both games, and boston was actually getting screwed by the refs

i wonder if they would've got screwed if they didn't have rondo etched in the lineup that game

vCash
    I was not referring to any one post or any specific game. I just think that blaming officiating is an excuse. Like B2B said, bad teams find ways to lose games. And right now, today, we're a bad team. I really hope they can get it turned around. Gotta at least stay within arms reach of .500.
    It's not an excuse, if the officiating is in fact bad.

I realize some like to misplace blame to justify losing, that's not the case to start the season, the officiating has been poor.

After a complaint was filed to the league, the officiating has been more balanced the last 2 games & was in favor for the Boston's loss.

Hopefully management stays on top of the situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    well lol we got good calls both games, and boston was actually getting screwed by the refs

i wonder if they would've got screwed if they didn't have rondo etched in the lineup that game
    hahaha no way wow I never thought it would work.

I think PP and KG are more influential towards the refs then someone liek Rondo tbh. But thanks for the updates bud

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    It's not an excuse, if the officiating is in fact bad.

I realize some like to misplace blame to justify losing, that's not the case to start the season, the officiating has been poor.

After a complaint was filed to the league, the officiating has been more balanced the last 2 games & was in favor for the Boston's loss.

Hopefully management stays on top of the situation.
    I don't think it mattered last night. If I didn't know any better I would have swon Tim Donahey was reffing for god sakes. Derozan was getting hammered all night long without calls, and just when they started to actually call the contact a foul to get players playing aggressive again ...they swallowed their whistles for the final minutes on them. The Raptors shouldn't have needed a last second basket to win, but Bargnani definitely should have been shooting 2 with like 2 seconds left for the W. The ref was literally like 5 feet away with a perfect view of the play to see it was a blatant foul (and pretty much every sports show I have heard so far agrees with that assessment). I just don't know how you blow that call if you are an NBA ref...unless you wanted to.

Not only were they blowing foul calls though, they were simply giving the other team extra possessions too. They didn't even bother reviewing a close 50/50 ball that went out of bounds between Derozan and I believe Mullens (which when showed on replay on TV looked like it was off of the Bobcats player). We probably would have not gotten the overturn anyway like we didn't earlier this season in pretty much the exact same situation, but the call absolutely should have been reviewed in a 1 pt game inside the final 2 minutes. There was another drive late in the 4th where their player lost the handle and it went out of bounds on a drive...and they said it went off Derozan when he was like 3 feet from the ball when he lost control and not even making a play on it...

This game definitely had me feeling cheated...so I can only imagine how it makes the players feel. I am really surprised that nobody has really lost it on an official yet. It is only a of time before someone blows a gasket if they continue to get screwed inside the final 2 minutes...

vCash
    ugh, makes me annoyed I have to watch via crappy online streams this year. I can't see the difference between these calls and non-calls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    ugh, makes me annoyed I have to watch via crappy online streams this year. I can't see the difference between these calls and non-calls.
    Haha, just like your online streams...refs calls against the Raps are most of the time shady and corrupted .

vCash
    Aaron gray is going to be the guy that is going to snap and go after an official I'm calling that now lol

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca68 View Post
    Aaron gray is going to be the guy that is going to snap and go after an official I'm calling that now lol
    I would send Acy after the refs...dude looks scary as heck, especially if he had the Reggie Evans bushy beard going on. Have him wait for the refs in the parking lot and they will clean up their act.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney23 View Post
    I would send Acy after the refs...dude looks scary as heck, especially if he had the Reggie Evans bushy beard going on. Have him wait for the refs in the parking lot and they will clean up their act.
    acy is one scary mofo

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast