Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Why would he be, did "people" stop betting on the NBA?.
    Because a lot of people act like he was. Come on it doesn't take a genius to know refs are rigging games. Most nights the raptors aren't the favourite to win so we will of course be on the bad end of calls.

vCash
    i don't buy all talk of corruption. never have. there may be one bad apple or two, that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Like others have mentioned before me it would be nice if the Ref's addressed the media post game to explain some calls.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Like others have mentioned before me it would be nice if the Ref's addressed the media post game to explain some calls.
    the answer is not to allow the media to skewer the refs post game. you guys are dreaming

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Toronto is a large market. We don't get calls because our players aren't very good. We usually do (or don't do) one of two things, we either fail at selling our fouls or making it too obvious. That and we haven't earned the benefit of the call yet. Referees aren't robots and basketball is a fast paced sport. They don't have the benefit of slow motion video replays. Incompetency is a much more logical explanation.

Let's not forget the fact that we have attempted more FTs on average than NY this season (even if you count our over time game we have more fouls/min than them).
    Toronto is a large city but a small market NBA team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade123 View Post
    Toronto is a large city but is treated and run like a small market NBA team.
    fixed.

Rogers should dip into that luxury for the Raptors since they've been feeling so generous lately with the blue jays.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade123 View Post
    Toronto is a large city but a small market NBA team.
    We're the 10th most valuable franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    the answer is not to allow the media to skewer the refs post game. you guys are dreaming
    it at least humanizes them

vCash
    the only answer is to have a boss who holds them accountable for their performance. all this would do is create a combative situation between refs and local media.

vCash
    replace humanizes with "humiliates" and i think you've got it right. plus, do you really want a ref to hold a grudge against your team because of something an ******* in the local media said to them. that opens up a whole new can of worms.

vCash
    the only answer is to have a boss who holds them accountable for their performance. all this would do is create a combative situation between refs and local media.
    replace humanizes with "humiliates" and i think you've got it right. plus, do you really want a ref to hold a grudge against your team because of something an ******* in the local media said to them. that opens up a whole new can of worms.
    True but from reading some of the comments on this forum it's like they think referees are supposed to be machines.

vCash
    All I want are explanations for calls, or a simple. "I missed that one, it happens"
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    All I want are explanations for calls, or a simple. "I missed that one, it happens"
    after every single game? should we put them up on a podium and review every single call and non-call from the entire game on a giant video monitor?

you don't need the actual officials because you and i can simulate it right here... ask me a question, any question. "that's how i saw it". that's my answer to every single one.

i think the officiating sucks too btw, but a public shame festival isn't going to fix it, and like it or not the officials don't owe you an explanation or an apology. they are accountable to one man, and one man only. and that man obviously doesn't think the system is broke, sadly.

vCash
    I'm normally not one to blame the refs but this has been ridiculous.

vCash
    Really, we're now gonna blame the refs for this crappy team? We're always looking for excuses.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast