Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I've watched a lot of Nets games and you can see the refs favour them most of the time. The league is definitely helping them be a better ten they actually are.
    Last edited by Tmath; 11-16-2012 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    The Raptors finally decide to complain about reffing like 4 or 5 years to late??? lol

I can only seeing this making it worse on us

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    The Raptors finally decide to complain about reffing like 4 or 5 years to late??? lol

I can only seeing this making it worse on us
    They probably have complained before but because of a lot more fans complaining and todays social media it has become more public.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    who is she?
    Jennifer Lawrence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    They probably have complained before but because of a lot more fans complaining and todays social media it has become more public.
    Ya I remember hearing a story like this when we had Bosh that year we had Turk to I think. Nothing really happened it still stayed the same.

Like Saddler said when somethings rigged, they don't care, there just using and abusing the money and could care less about competition and fans.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    it's been a major problem for years. In fact, this year I've watched probably the least amount of basketball since I started watching/playing it myself [so far], and I can say that the officiating has been the biggest reason for it.

vCash
    Let we ignore the "reputation call", people are going to claim the Raptors players are terrible & don't deserve fair treatment, to justify it.

What is the consensus opinion on refs deciding Raptor games?

On opening night against Indiana possession was rewarded in a tied game late when the ball was knocked out of bounds in the direction of Greens momentum (The Raptor player had his hands straight up, the ball went flying into the stands). Refs ruled Indiana ball on court just to choose a team (co-incident not the home team), the call was not instinctive (In the moment) it was a late choice (emphasis on choice) which inconclusive video evidence awarded Indiana, due to that late choice.

Even though people would argue bias in one thinking the ruling should have been Raptors ball to begin with, "the fair decision", if there was that much uncertainty in a tie game that late, would have been to jump ball at centre, not pick a team to award the ball to. They basically decided the game without any assurance of being right.

What made this decision worse, more obvious, was the delayed choice. If it were an instinctive call, I would have had less issue with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Against Utah, 2 late plays, DeRozan had dunks on which he was fouled to close out the game, in both instances he was not rewarded the & 1 which would/could have won the game for TO on both occasions. Ref angle/view not restricted.

Instead, Utah was rewarded opportunity after opportunity to keep the game close enough to eventually take over in the 3rd overtime.

If you look at the foul rate of the game & 3 overtimes TO only got calls in the 3rd overtime, after Utah had sealed the lead. Up until that point, Raptors aggression, more specifically Derozan had gone unrewarded, more specifically his & 1's that would have sealed the game on 2 occasions. If not for those (6) late cheap calls, the discrepancy would have been even more lopsided in Utah's favor.

Were the refs "favoring" the team that loss the lead because TO had not received these same calls when looking to keep or stretch the lead the 4 Q's prior to it's last. The first 2 Q's were called evenly (Even calls benefiting Raptors in having a 3 point lead at the half).

2nd half Utah = 24 FT's - 1
    Last edited by B2B; 11-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    Sorry dude, I can't agree with this. I'm not saying that his calls are bang on, but you can't tell me that he doesn't bull-rush into opposing teams best shot-blockers looking for contact more than the bucket. He's doing the right thing getting into the paint, but he has to go after the points, not the fouls. He's gotta find a way to start hitting more of his shots in traffic, then the fouls will be called.

...and I'm not saying that I'm happy with how often he's been hit. There are some pretty glaring non-calls, but I think he'll start getting the whistles when he changes his focus to the rim instead of the defenders
    Glaring non calls is not a players "reputation" benefiting in 50/50 calls.

Glaring non calls are either "mistakes" or "control". Raptors are experiencing too many "mistakes".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psrs1 View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    Exactly, no doubt in my mind the league is aware of it's reffing state.

Raptors have to beat or embarrass the officiating to be in favor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderforce View Post
    I hope all the Small market teams and the Raps revolt and get this **** changed but I think just one team will get nothing done . We need all the small market teams that are getting ripped off to come together to change it .
    Small market teams financially benefit from big market success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Toronto is a large market. We don't get calls because our players aren't very good. We usually do (or don't do) one of two things, we either fail at selling our fouls or making it too obvious. That and we haven't earned the benefit of the call yet. Referees aren't robots and basketball is a fast paced sport. They don't have the benefit of slow motion video replays. Incompetency is a much more logical explanation.

Let's not forget the fact that we have attempted more FTs on average than NY this season (even if you count our over time game we have more fouls/min than them).
    that is so bs man they stand 5 feet away from the players and there is 3 of them, how the hell can a soccer ref call offside from a mile away and be right 98% of the time and a nba ref cant see a foul from 5 feet away?

vCash
    the fact that this has to go public is a disgrace to the nba, yeah we all see it, but from a ref's standpoint just call the game fair. it looks so unprofessional to the entire world.

that game vs brooklyn we should have won if it wasn't for the refs, lowry was getting mauled down the stretch taking it to the hoop, then on the other side they'd call ticky tack fouls at the arc

how is a bad team supposed to take it to the next tier in this nba age of favoritism?
    @mvbisecco
    follow me on twitter and i'll follow you
    SMOKE WEED ERR DAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mvb815 View Post
    the fact that this has to go public is a disgrace to the nba, yeah we all see it, but from a ref's standpoint just call the game fair. it looks so unprofessional to the entire world.

that game vs brooklyn we should have won if it wasn't for the refs, lowry was getting mauled down the stretch taking it to the hoop, then on the other side they'd call ticky tack fouls at the arc

how is a bad team supposed to take it to the next tier in this nba age of favoritism?
    Both Jonas early fouls on Lopez, were clean (Hands straight up) league/ref excuse/control = rookie calls.

All this team can do is play hard in spite of the officiating & have no expectations from it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    Glaring non calls is not a players "reputation" benefiting in 50/50 calls.

Glaring non calls are either "mistakes" or "control". Raptors are experiencing too many "mistakes".
    I don't disagree but I think there's more to it than just a conspiracy theory. There's some unfathomable calls that go against us and some not-so-good ones. I bet we could easily cut down most of the latter by playing to score and not to get to the line. That's all. If we start blaming all of our losses on the refs and nothing but the refs then we'll be the laughing stock of the league.... or even more so.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    that is so bs man they stand 5 feet away from the players and there is 3 of them, how the hell can a soccer ref call offside from a mile away and be right 98% of the time and a nba ref cant see a foul from 5 feet away?
    Yeah because basketball is a slow sport and no one complains about referring in soccer.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast