Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 100
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cowgary
    Posts
    2,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Toronto is a large market. We don't get calls because our players aren't very good. We usually do (or don't do) one of two things, we either fail at selling our fouls or making it too obvious. That and we haven't earned the benefit of the call yet. Referees aren't robots and basketball is a fast paced sport. They don't have the benefit of slow motion video replays. Incompetency is a much more logical explanation.

    Let's not forget the fact that we have attempted more FTs on average than NY this season (even if you count our over time game we have more fouls/min than them).
    This is what I think. It's not always fair, but you don't get calls in the paint until you prove that you can hit the shot. Derozan is a prime example, he rushes into traffic and even if he doesn't get fouled he can't always convert. In a league where free throws can decide a game or even sometimes a season, the refs can't just hand out time at the charity stripe to anybody that runs into somebody else. It has to be an NBA-caliber basketball move. We're getting there, but just not yet.

    ....that being said, I'm really glad they took a look at the whole flopping and Chauncey Billups/Dwyane Wade "Shot-fake-and-jump-three-feet-towards-your-man" move. Again, technically it is a foul, but that's just not how basketball players shoot, so you can't get that call.


    "Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    this crap *** rigged league isn't gonna do anything. we're gonna continue to get shafted.
    yeah the league is just going to pull the old "allowing more physical play" card on us

    even though we get called for playing physical

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    This is what I think. It's not always fair, but you don't get calls in the paint until you prove that you can hit the shot. Derozan is a prime example, he rushes into traffic and even if he doesn't get fouled he can't always convert. In a league where free throws can decide a game or even sometimes a season, the refs can't just hand out time at the charity stripe to anybody that runs into somebody else. It has to be an NBA-caliber basketball move. We're getting there, but just not yet..
    its hard to hit a shot when you get head shot or your hand gets smacked

    its a reason why players foul in the first place, to stop an easy 2 from going in

    when derozan gets close enough to the rim, its automatic. i see him missing when he drives and pulls up for a fadeaway jumper, but those are not the plays he's getting fouled at. he is getting fouled when it would be an automatic 2 pts if he weren't fouled (close to the rim)

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    this crap *** rigged league isn't gonna do anything. we're gonna continue to get shafted.
    The fact that this has been made public will help us get calls or get even worse treatment. It'll definitely be in the officials minds though so we'll see where it goes.. No doubt though that the officiating has been questionable.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cowgary
    Posts
    2,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    its hard to hit a shot when you get head shot or your hand gets smacked

    its a reason why players foul in the first place, to stop an easy 2 from going in

    when derozan gets close enough to the rim, its automatic. i see him missing when he drives and pulls up for a fadeaway jumper, but those are not the plays he's getting fouled at. he is getting fouled when it would be an automatic 2 pts if he weren't fouled (close to the rim)
    Sorry dude, I can't agree with this. I'm not saying that his calls are bang on, but you can't tell me that he doesn't bull-rush into opposing teams best shot-blockers looking for contact more than the bucket. He's doing the right thing getting into the paint, but he has to go after the points, not the fouls. He's gotta find a way to start hitting more of his shots in traffic, then the fouls will be called.

    ...and I'm not saying that I'm happy with how often he's been hit. There are some pretty glaring non-calls, but I think he'll start getting the whistles when he changes his focus to the rim instead of the defenders


    "Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,093
    vCash
    1500
    The biggest non calls or suspect calls of the year so far...

    was no fouls on Hansborough when he clobbered DeRozan in the head, Kleiza being pulled by his arm when he drove the lane (then got a technical Foul for voicing his frustration), and all the fouls on Valanciunas when he stands straight up with his hands and the opposing player initiating contact with Val's arms.

    The refs have been ****ing the Raps for years... its about time the organization brought this to league.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchski View Post
    Agreed, seeing more and more questionable calls in the NBA. From the obvious block/charge to out of bounds plays.
    for people that don't watch nba on a regular basis feel the reffing is a total joke and that nba players are pussys. you can watch one play at one end of the floor then the same on the other and a player getting a call... then the worst is when an announcer says that the player with more years in the league gets more respect and more calls.. thats admitting that the rules don't totally apply the same to everyone, which is super lame! and in the nba more then any other sport it really shows.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    The biggest non calls or suspect calls of the year so far...

    was no fouls on Hansborough when he clobbered DeRozan in the head, Kleiza being pulled by his arm when he drove the lane (then got a technical Foul for voicing his frustration), and all the fouls on Valanciunas when he stands straight up with his hands and the opposing player initiating contact with Val's arms.

    The refs have been ****ing the Raps for years... its about time the organization brought this to league.
    i don't understand how casey has been so cool about it and not get t'd up

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Katmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    1,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Toronto is a large market. We don't get calls because our players aren't very good. We usually do (or don't do) one of two things, we either fail at selling our fouls or making it too obvious. That and we haven't earned the benefit of the call yet. Referees aren't robots and basketball is a fast paced sport. They don't have the benefit of slow motion video replays. Incompetency is a much more logical explanation.

    Let's not forget the fact that we have attempted more FTs on average than NY this season (even if you count our over time game we have more fouls/min than them).
    A player should not need to sell the fault. This is what causes the flops in the first place. Toronto potentially could be a large market but financially is not, at least not for NBA.

    Champs will be champs...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    Sorry dude, I can't agree with this. I'm not saying that his calls are bang on, but you can't tell me that he doesn't bull-rush into opposing teams best shot-blockers looking for contact more than the bucket. He's doing the right thing getting into the paint, but he has to go after the points, not the fouls. He's gotta find a way to start hitting more of his shots in traffic, then the fouls will be called.

    ...and I'm not saying that I'm happy with how often he's been hit. There are some pretty glaring non-calls, but I think he'll start getting the whistles when he changes his focus to the rim instead of the defenders
    i know what you mean. its like when bargnani does those pump fakes to get his man to get off his feat, and then leans towards the body to eat contact and hope to get the foul call

    but in my opinion, more often than not derozan is driving with the determination to score. i dont think he is just looking to create foul calls in his favour, one of the reasons why this year he has been complaining lessto the refs. he knows already he is not going to get the stupid phantom calls that superstars get so its better to try and score

    and when guys like hansborough just clobbers derozan and you get no call, it just really gets me going especially when we look back at this team's histories of bad calls like horford going for TJ's head instead of the ball. foul called but should've been a flagrant. or the time garbajosa got clobbered from behind by perkins and broke his leg. perkins should've been tossed

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pandora
    Posts
    15,190
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    Toronto is a large market. We don't get calls because our players aren't very good. We usually do (or don't do) one of two things, we either fail at selling our fouls or making it too obvious. That and we haven't earned the benefit of the call yet. Referees aren't robots and basketball is a fast paced sport. They don't have the benefit of slow motion video replays. Incompetency is a much more logical explanation.

    Let's not forget the fact that we have attempted more FTs on average than NY this season (even if you count our over time game we have more fouls/min than them).
    If you feel that incompetency is a problem with the refs then shouldn't they be replaced with ones that can do the job properly? Without Lowry we really don't have guys who shoot the 3 except for andrea... Andreas been shooting it more cause when he's done the baseline drive and goes up for the dunk he's getting fouled but they're calling it a block...

    It changes your mentality as a player and the fact that the whole team can't get calls at certain stages then it messes with you as a player and we really don't have any accomplished shot creators other than Kyle Lowry.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,251
    vCash
    1500
    all part of sterns plan to get us into the lottery again so OKC can add another big player to keep them as one of the better teams


    "I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    If you feel that incompetency is a problem with the refs then shouldn't they be replaced with ones that can do the job properly? Without Lowry we really don't have guys who shoot the 3 except for andrea... Andreas been shooting it more cause when he's done the baseline drive and goes up for the dunk he's getting fouled but they're calling it a block...

    It changes your mentality as a player and the fact that the whole team can't get calls at certain stages then it messes with you as a player and we really don't have any accomplished shot creators other than Kyle Lowry.
    who is she?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,637
    vCash
    4500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    who is she?
    Think, Hunger Games.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    601
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BallinOutOfMind View Post
    hope the league listens.
    Don't hold your breath.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •