Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 134 of 134
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    vCash
    1500
    Turner is a very good rebounder for his position, and a good ball handler. But he has shown no Improvement on offense to me. He is passive, and is not a great or even a average Athlete. I don't mind Turner on this team. But in no way should anyone consider him a Building Block on this team. If we re-sign Turner at more then 4 million a year on average for say 5 years ( 20 million total on a new 5 year deal )...then it's extremely
    overpaying him.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,548
    vCash
    1500

    Game 9 (11-16-12): Sixers (4-4) vs. Jazz (4-5)

    Hes an above average athlete.... People make too big a deal about this cause hes not iggy, john wall, or russell westbrook... who are insane athletes.

    Hes in the james harden, manu ginobili tier of athletes.

    The problem with him, i agree, is that he is waaaaay too passive, he doesnt get after the ball, he doesnt run from his defender, and often he actually runs away from the ball. Often when he gets the ball, he takes a few side dribbles and just gives it up when he should be looking to drive.

    These are the serious problems.... His athleticism is not a problem....

    I guess my point is.... There are things he can do vs. the things he does. And the things he does arent cutting it.

    As for an extention.... Thats 2 summers away, not even worth talking about now.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Turner is the same, athletically, as Harden? Manu?

    Are you ****ing high?


    Mods: Is there such a thing as suspension from the Boards for making stuff up? Can there be? I'd like it discussed at our next meeting.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    +/- is a lineup stat, not an individual stat.
    Well, maybe if you are substituting like a 7th grade CYO team. "Ok, you five? Get in there!"

    Some times it matters; sometimes it doesn't. Last night it didn't. I prefer to watch and judge objectively.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,548
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Turner is the same, athletically, as Harden? Manu?

    Are you ****ing high?


    Mods: Is there such a thing as suspension from the Boards for making stuff up? Can there be? I'd like it discussed at our next meeting.
    Check the combine athletic numbers.

    Basically the same... Turner was faster in the sprint, harden was slightly quicker in the agility drill.

    Hardens vert was better, but turners height got him up higher overall.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,548
    vCash
    1500

    Game 9 (11-16-12): Sixers (4-4) vs. Jazz (4-5)

    U dont have to be a worst class athlete to get to the free throw line and get to the rim, thats really all im saying.

    Iggy is a world class athlete, and he flat out doesnt even try to attack the rim except on the fast break. Kevin martin is a turner-level athlete, probably less athletic and is less physically strong, yet he gets in there and draws plenty of fouls.

    Ill give turner the same criticism i gave iggy..... Take it to the rim!


    gotta pay the troll toll

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Check the combine athletic numbers.

    Basically the same... Turner was faster in the sprint, harden was slightly quicker in the agility drill.

    Hardens vert was better, but turners height got him up higher overall.








    No sorry but the other guy is right. Turner is nowhere near the Athlete that Harden is. But again, this is not the point. What one runs, and jumps in a practice-like situation is one thing. What I was saying, and what Ricky is basically agreeing with me on is that, it doesn't matter what, or how Athletic Turner is at a Combine...cause he is too passive to use whatever Athletic gifts he may have out on the court.


    Yes, as I said Turner is an above average Rebounder, and Ball handler. But, after 3 years in the league the guy is still a terrible shooter/scorer. And is not offensively aggressive enough...at least that is how I see it. This team needs to place Thad at the SF spot. Use Wright off the bench. And start Richardson at the SG spot until we can find a replacement. At least HE can shoot the 3-Ball. And look to move " Bynum-Turner-N.Young " in some trade that can at least clear up some Cap space, and get us a couple of draft picks that we totally threw away in the Bynum deal.

    But Turner..( Sorry )...has been a pretty Big Bust so far. Considering where we selected him.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,955
    vCash
    2970
    Ricky is def posting under two names in the same thread.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,873
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    Ricky is def posting under two names in the same thread.
    He is, or that guy is a dupe of that guy who made a thread calling Bynum a *****.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Little surprised by the couple reviews I'm seeing here. Neither mentioned Thad, who played tough as nails (14/8)...Lavoy, who may have been the nicest surprise of all (10/8), I think some had written him off...and even the hated Nick Young had 12 points on 5 shots. That's not easy to do.

    Yet both reviews applauded Evan for what I'd consider a super-mediocre game. 100% invisible in the first half; quite good in the second. Add them together = mediocre. Hardly even worth the mention.

    Here's who deserved the credit, in order:

    Jru
    JRich
    Thad
    Kwame
    Lavoy
    Doug
    N. Young/Turner
    Hawes
    Wright/Ivey

    This is why we have issues involving Evan. He's mentioned even when there is no earthly reason for him to be. Why even grade him? Why not Thad or Kwame or Lavoy (HE was the real news) or Doug or, hell Nick Young - who had more points, on half the shots and 0 turnovers.

    I mean - what the ****. What is it about Evan Turner that turns you men on?
    Troll much?
    I guess if Thad played "tough as knails" compared to ET, then Millsap is a hammer?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    At 20 lbs bigger than Thad, sure, you could call him that.

    Lemme know the next time Evan defends even one guy bigger than him. Thad does it nightly.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,548
    vCash
    1500

    Game 9 (11-16-12): Sixers (4-4) vs. Jazz (4-5)

    Most 3s are bigger than turner, so he defends bigger guys nightly as well.


    Thad isnt exactly good at it either.

    Neither was elton brand for that matter.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-18-2012 at 02:56 PM.


    gotta pay the troll toll

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,770
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Little surprised by the couple reviews I'm seeing here. Neither mentioned Thad, who played tough as nails (14/8)...Lavoy, who may have been the nicest surprise of all (10/8), I think some had written him off...and even the hated Nick Young had 12 points on 5 shots. That's not easy to do.

    Yet both reviews applauded Evan for what I'd consider a super-mediocre game. 100% invisible in the first half; quite good in the second. Add them together = mediocre. Hardly even worth the mention.

    Here's who deserved the credit, in order:

    Jru
    JRich
    Thad
    Kwame
    Lavoy
    Doug
    N. Young/Turner
    Hawes
    Wright/Ivey

    This is why we have issues involving Evan. He's mentioned even when there is no earthly reason for him to be. Why even grade him? Why not Thad or Kwame or Lavoy (HE was the real news) or Doug or, hell Nick Young - who had more points, on half the shots and 0 turnovers.

    I mean - what the ****. What is it about Evan Turner that turns you men on?
    I assume your 'couple of reviews' doesn't include mine, which mentioned Lavoy and Nick Young, and was no higher on Evan's game than the review you've just given here?

    ET starts and plays the third most minutes on the team, by all accounts was a big part of Doug's (and the FO's) plan for the season, hasn't lived up to the pre-career hype, is in a newly expanded role, has gone through a huge recent downswing in public opinion, and is asking bigger questions than ever given the abrupt direction-change the franchise took this summer and his continued lack of significant progress. If you can't understand why people want to talk about him then I don't know what to tell you.
    I'll note, though, that it was you that brought him up on the first page of this thread and led to our back-and-forth - so if you want an answer other than the one I just gave then you're probably just as well off asking yourself as anyone else.

    Game reviews aren't just for talking about what's good, they're for talking about everything - good, bad, and otherwise. If you think that how much we talk about a guy should reflect the amount of credit he's due then that's fine - and it explains a lot about your desire for forum kudos and thread views and what not - but the rest of us are going to talk about what's interesting. Jazz fans track Favors more than Jefferson, even when the latter plays better. Warriors fans track Barnes and barely talk about Lee. Thunder fans are thinking more about Martin than Ibaka, and Celtics fans talk more about Green than KG. We talk about what's interesting, not just about who had a good game that night. Turner's career development is more interesting than Kwame and Lavoy having the 3rd and 4th best - but still barely noteworthy - games of the night.

    If it upsets you that people talk about ET then I'm sorry to say you're likely to continue to be upset - and by nobody more than yourself.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    At 20 lbs bigger than Thad, sure, you could call him that.

    Lemme know the next time Evan defends even one guy bigger than him. Thad does it nightly.
    Thad wasn't exactly stellar defending his face up dribble drive either. I like Thad's energy and consistency. But in the battle of undersized PF's, Millsap appears to be the bigger matchup nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •