Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    hahaha doug is so pissed tonight.

vCash
    Holy **** that Jrue block. ****.

vCash
    love how Jrue ended with a mesg

vCash
    I'm sort of conflicted about this game. Winning via hot shooting sure is fun, and I'll take it, but holy **** we need to get to the line - winning this way is just so unsustainable.

Crazy sick game from JRich. So efficient, and good all around really. If he could play that way every night he'd be James Harden, only off the ball and with rebounds. Really good.
    Twitter is loving on Jrue but I'm not totally sold. He needs to get to the line. Started 8-10 and was 2-11 after that. Gross. I hope he's looking at his line and wondering how great it would be with some freebies. I'll take 4 turnovers over 8, especially over 41 minutes, but there were a couple that I could do with out.
    Regular meh ET game for ET. Couple of nice bits, much better in the second half, a few good hockey assists, but still not getting to the line and that late turnover was probably the worst of the season so far and kept them in it.
    Good to see Lavoy being not-awful for once. And nice to see Nick Young hit some shots.

Great to see us outrebound a team with a pretty big frontline, too, even if just by a little bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    I'm sort of conflicted about this game. Winning via hot shooting sure is fun, and I'll take it, but holy **** we need to get to the line - winning this way is just so unsustainable.

Crazy sick game from JRich. So efficient, and good all around really. If he could play that way every night he'd be James Harden, only off the ball and with rebounds. Really good.
    Twitter is loving on Jrue but I'm not totally sold. He needs to get to the line. Started 8-10 and was 2-11 after that. Gross. I hope he's looking at his line and wondering how great it would be with some freebies. I'll take 4 turnovers over 8, especially over 41 minutes, but there were a couple that I could do with out.
    Regular meh ET game for ET. Couple of nice bits, much better in the second half, a few good hockey assists, but still not getting to the line and that late turnover was probably the worst of the season so far and kept them in it.
    Good to see Lavoy being not-awful for once. And nice to see Nick Young hit some shots.

Great to see us outrebound a team with a pretty big frontline, too, even if just by a little bit.
    I feel like this is a great assessment of the game. If Jrue could just figure out how to get to the foul line and get more shots at the cup he would so much more consistent. To me, he's a good point guard right now, but to be great, he has to get to the free throw line 6-7 times per game at least.

vCash
    I honestly think the whistles for the Sixers are just silent in general. Last year we said the same thing, we aint gettin to the line....this year its more of the same *****. I think the refs swallow the whistle a handful of times throughout the game and if we had a super star, he would be getting to the line no doubt. Carmelo and Lebron get calls when dudes blow on em...Jrue can get bodied goin up for a layup and whistles are silent thats all totally IMO of course.

vCash
    Underrated night for kwame.

vCash
    turner gave us the mojo when we needed to stop there run with a couple drives, 1 three and another jump shot.

Man I just hope bynum comes back healthy. This team can be so much better with bynum in the post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post

Well put. Didn't get to see the game in its entirety as I was in an out but after watching the box score and reading through the thread I can say spot on. Especially on the fact that we NEED to get to the line. I can't stop saying it enough. We're not going to shoot this well on jumpers every game and without the ability to get to the line and convert we're not going to win those games on the offensive end. We've seen it before and we'll continue to see it.

vCash

Game 9 (11-16-12): Sixers (4-4) vs. Jazz (4-5)

Jrich played really good offensively and didnt kill us on D

Kwame played really good defensively and didnt kill us on O

Turner didnt stand out, but he played well overall.... Not his best rebounding night, and obviously he cant defend milsap, but he played good D on whoever else he was guarding. Saw a few no calls on his drives.

Holiday.... Man o man, kids really good.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Underrated thing, I've noticed Thad's OFF the ball (not on) defense is becoming more admirable. Obviously Millsap started to figure it out in the 3rd, but the whole first half Thad was right on him and forcing him out of position.

It's weird how Millsap just flipped a switch though. He was really on in the 2nd half.
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

vCash
    Only caught the en of the game. As they were sayin Jrue missed like 8 shots in a row he came back with 2 big buckets, one of which he was clearly fouled on too. This team is doing a much better job late in games already.

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Little surprised by the couple reviews I'm seeing here. Neither mentioned Thad, who played tough as nails (14/8)...Lavoy, who may have been the nicest surprise of all (10/8), I think some had written him off...and even the hated Nick Young had 12 points on 5 shots. That's not easy to do.

Yet both reviews applauded Evan for what I'd consider a super-mediocre game. 100% invisible in the first half; quite good in the second. Add them together = mediocre. Hardly even worth the mention.

Here's who deserved the credit, in order:

Jru
    JRich
    Thad
    Kwame
    Lavoy
    Doug
    N. Young/Turner
    Hawes
    Wright/Ivey

This is why we have issues involving Evan. He's mentioned even when there is no earthly reason for him to be. Why even grade him? Why not Thad or Kwame or Lavoy (HE was the real news) or Doug or, hell Nick Young - who had more points, on half the shots and 0 turnovers.

I mean - what the ****. What is it about Evan Turner that turns you men on?

vCash
    If we went by Ricky's flawed +/- system, turner outplayed Richardson. That's why that static is essentially useless.

vCash

Game 9 (11-16-12): Sixers (4-4) vs. Jazz (4-5)

+/- is a lineup stat, not an individual stat.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast