Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey#3 View Post
    The more I look at our youngsters the more they remind me of a young OKC or Memphis. A little more chemistry and they will be a playoff team.
    I don't see it that way at all, the lone youngster that excites me is Drummond, his potential is limitless.

I know Knight is still young but his carelessness and inconsistency drives me nuts. I want him to grow and mature into a franchise player but I'm not seeing it right now. His best asset is scoring, and he's not even all that strong in that regard. His ceiling could be a Jamal Crawford type player at this point.

Moose has been bothering me with inconsistency lately too, and he needs to get a "grip" on his offensive game as well. I don't hate either player and am excited to see what they become, but I don't see the OKC comparison.

It's sad how our 2nd unit has been winning games lately, with CV gunning from three, Bynum penetrating, Drum finishing STRONG, and Daye actually contributing (shockingly).

Maybe I'm on PSD too late on a Friday night lol, but the only young guy that truly excites me right now is Andre.

I hate bringing a somewhat negative vibe to the forum after a win against the defending champs, but our games are being won right now not because of our young guys (outside of Drummond), but more because of Bynum/Drum/CV. Maybe if Knight gets more time with Drummond he can be just as effective as Bynum (and hopefully moreso), but we won't know until we see them play together more.

Wow I totally just went on a rant there, sorry guys. GO PISTONS!

vCash
    I'm with GuySir. Not sure whats up with Moose lately. Knight im still not sold on.

Drummond is no Shaq type potential. Shaq is the most dominant force to step foot on a NBA court. Likely to see another MJ before another Shaq. D12 is is a better comparison.

Our young talent has nothing close to OKC. If anybody its kind of close to a Portland type of rebuild we just dont have a GM to make brilliant moves on draft day.

vCash
    You guys are being way too hard on Monroe. A big that has averaged 15 & 10 (close enough) in his 2nd and 3rd seasons that also is a fantastic passer. He needs to add a few post moves and nail down his jumper but nothing to complain about.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    He needs to stop being so gumpy man, he needs to finish when hes in the paint man.

AAL: #FreeStafford

vCash
    I can see the comparisons esp with Memphis. Okc not so much unless we get a dynamic wing player.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir:24892050
    The more I look at our youngsters the more they remind me of a young OKC or Memphis. A little more chemistry and they will be a playoff team.
    I don't see it that way at all, the lone youngster that excites me is Drummond, his potential is limitless.

I know Knight is still young but his carelessness and inconsistency drives me nuts. I want him to grow and mature into a franchise player but I'm not seeing it right now. His best asset is scoring, and he's not even all that strong in that regard. His ceiling could be a Jamal Crawford type player at this point.

Moose has been bothering me with inconsistency lately too, and he needs to get a "grip" on his offensive game as well. I don't hate either player and am excited to see what they become, but I don't see the OKC comparison.

It's sad how our 2nd unit has been winning games lately, with CV gunning from three, Bynum penetrating, Drum finishing STRONG, and Daye actually contributing (shockingly).

Maybe I'm on PSD too late on a Friday night lol, but the only young guy that truly excites me right now is Andre.

I hate bringing a somewhat negative vibe to the forum after a win against the defending champs, but our games are being won right now not because of our young guys (outside of Drummond), but more because of Bynum/Drum/CV. Maybe if Knight gets more time with Drummond he can be just as effective as Bynum (and hopefully moreso), but we won't know until we see them play together more.

Wow I totally just went on a rant there, sorry guys. GO PISTONS!

vCash
    Yea I'm with you. I don't get it he's not even playing with Drummond & people are saying we should trade him lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness:24893221
    You guys are being way too hard on Monroe. A big that has averaged 15 & 10 (close enough) in his 2nd and 3rd seasons that also is a fantastic passer. He needs to add a few post moves and nail down his jumper but nothing to complain about.

vCash
    Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Gators123; 12-31-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: .

vCash
    I'm not really an advanced stats guy... But I looked up Dre on basketball reference. For players that have played over 500 minutes this season he is 6th in TReb%, 7th in BLK%, and 8th in eFG%... Damn. This kid really needs to start.

vCash
    I'm not really an advanced stats guy... But I looked up Dre on basketball reference. For players that have played over 500 minutes this season he is 6th in TReb%, 7th in BLK%, and 8th in eFG%... Damn. This kid really needs to start.
    Yeah, he is also 1st in total rebs/total blks/PER/FG%/Double Doubles(tied).
    All of this in under 20 minutes per, speaks for it's self...doesn't it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    Yeah, he is also 1st in total rebs/total blks/PER/FG%/Double Doubles(tied).
    All of this in under 20 minutes per, speaks for it's self...doesn't it?
    He will be at best Shaq at worst Camby. Screw the Deandre/McGee comparisons. He has already reached their level at 19; he will probably surpass it this year.

vCash
    Drummond will be a monster just imagine 3 years from now when he develops a offensive game.I still dont think he will ever have much of offensive game though but I will be happy if He just develops a mean hookshot.I think in his prime he will avg something like-15pts,15rebs,3.5blks

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/sta...sition/rookies

Drummond leads rookies in PER. unreal ... he is gonna be a candidate for ROY.

I get so excited everytime i see this dude on the court. He is the main reason why we are winning games. And this is making up for knight and stuckeys crap that they provide. That is saying alot

vCash
    Drummond will pretty much provide what Dwight did with the Magic. I really don't see why not.

NBA'S Next Most Dominant Big Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvryuQDtWA
    FIND ME ON TWITTER @pistons_talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/sta...sition/rookies

Drummond leads rookies in PER. unreal ... he is gonna be a candidate for ROY.

I get so excited everytime i see this dude on the court. He is the main reason why we are winning games. And this is making up for knight and stuckeys crap that they provide. That is saying alot
    For real not to mention he is top five in TRB% and BLK%. I've watched almost every game this year and he's progressively demanding a double team in the paint as well... which is opening up room for Bynum, CVil and Daye to score all over the place.

vCash
    Drummond could really rival Lillard as the Rookie of the Year, if he started sometime before ASW...but yeah, I'm sure stat wise he's probably worthy of 6th man of the year consideration(of course he won't come close, because we suck & Crawford is a beast)

#HandItOnly2Bell

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast