Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The future is bright with big Andre Drummond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    ^ I'll add a few stats

#1 in the NBA in offensive rebounding percentage.

#4 in the NBA in total rebounding percentage

#8 in the NBA in block percentage.
    Me likey!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    The future is bright with big Andre Drummond.
    Pretty sure you're thinking of Gramdre Grammond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Pretty sure you're thinking of Gramdre Grammond.
    No I am pretty sure his numbers are #1 across the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    No I am pretty sure his numbers are #1 across the board.
    Oh right my bad.

vCash
    In Drummond’s 321 minutes, Detroit has actually outscored opponents by a slight margin on a per possession basis. In the 591 minutes they’ve played without Drummond on the court, they’ve been outscored by 5.1 pts/100.

Detroit has defended at an average rate so far this season. As mentioned above, their 101.5 pts/100 allowed ranks 15th in the league. But their offense has been abysmal; their 98.4 pts/100 ranks just 25th in the league. They’ve scored 96.0 pts/100 in the minutes Drummond hasn’t been on the court, but the offense has jumped to 102.9 pts/100 with Drummond in the game. That’s the difference between Indiana’s 29th ranked offense and Memphis’ 11th ranked offense.

And the defense with Drummond on the court has been pretty close to the Pistons’ average defensively this season; they’ve allowed 102.2 pts/100 when he’s been on the court compared to 101.1 without him.

So… 14th ranked defense and 29th ranked offense, or 18th ranked defense and 11th ranked offense? Solution: #FreeDrummond

vCash
    Sometimes I feel Frank is out-thinking himself. If I'm a coach and I have a dude like Drummond on my roster I'd want him out there as often as possible. I understand the concerns about fouls & conditioning, but I'd put him out there regardless and let him learn.

vCash
    Drummond gets tired easily. And I think the reason why he does is cause he is so relentless and works so hard on the boards. One play like that can take your breath away. I haven't seen a piston like that since ben work that hard.

Stamina will come. Maybe thats why frank doesn't play him

vCash
    In Drummond’s 321 minutes, Detroit has actually outscored opponents by a slight margin on a per possession basis. In the 591 minutes they’ve played without Drummond on the court, they’ve been outscored by 5.1 pts/100.

Detroit has defended at an average rate so far this season. As mentioned above, their 101.5 pts/100 allowed ranks 15th in the league. But their offense has been abysmal; their 98.4 pts/100 ranks just 25th in the league. They’ve scored 96.0 pts/100 in the minutes Drummond hasn’t been on the court, but the offense has jumped to 102.9 pts/100 with Drummond in the game. That’s the difference between Indiana’s 29th ranked offense and Memphis’ 11th ranked offense.

And the defense with Drummond on the court has been pretty close to the Pistons’ average defensively this season; they’ve allowed 102.2 pts/100 when he’s been on the court compared to 101.1 without him.

So… 14th ranked defense and 29th ranked offense, or 18th ranked defense and 11th ranked offense? Solution: #FreeDrummond
    You're gonna give Gators an orgasmic explosion with all those numbers haha!

Dathomir Rancors (5-2)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Drummond gets tired easily. And I think the reason why he does is cause he is so relentless and works so hard on the boards. One play like that can take your breath away. I haven't seen a piston like that since ben work that hard.

Stamina will come. Maybe thats why frank doesn't play him
    I love watching him play, when the other team drives the lane while Drum is stationed in the paint I just sit and smile knowing he's either going to block the shot or affect the trajectory. If the guy makes it, kudos to him, but I'll hold solace in that Dre messed with him.

Seriously I can't wait til his stamina comes up, he's going to be a monster someday.

vCash

Good post!

vCash

Drummond could be R.O.Y 1/4 of the way but???

I know all of us aren't pleased with drummond not starting but I'm more mad that we could be costing him R.O.Y check the article below & thanks frank....

Here is the link>>> http://www.teamleaks.com/Detroit-Pis...e-of-the-year/

Andre Drummond is light years ahead of where I thought he'd be. Frankly, he's ahead of where even his most ardent supporters thought he'd be as well. The Pistons knew they were drafting a project - a kid who came out of high school with an NBA ready body, but a very raw set of skills that didn't translate into NCAA dominance as a freshman.

Thus, the skepticism was warranted. If he wasn't able to dominate NCAA competition, how good were his chances at succeeding against the much bigger, faster, and stronger bigs of the NBA?

With every opportunity he's been given, though, Drummond has proven the doubters wrong.

Patrick's piece - as a Pistons outsider looking in - demonstrates that this sentiment isn't hometown homerism. There's a solid, objective, stats-based case to be made for Andre Drummond as the Rookie of the Year thus far, one-quarter of the way through the season. Patrick says,

This one was tough, and if the 1/4-way awards were worth anything at all, and I were Andre Drummond (or his agent), right now I'd be pissed at coach Frank for costing me this award. On a strictly per-minute basis, Drummond is simply destroying all other rookies. Look at these numbers:

Screen_shot_2012-12-14_at_11

What the hell does Frank want? He's above average at everything you care about in a center. Is he looking at Drummond's performance so far and thinking, "yeah, but look at those dimes"!? We all laughed at Detroit for wasting a lottery pick on "potential", and now that it looks they have actually won the metaphorical lottery, they're just keeping that winning ticket buried away in a coat pocket in their winter closet. What. The. Hell.

Ultimately, Patrick goes on to give the award to someone who's played more minutes and thus had more impact - crediting Lawrence Frank with an "assist" for the award.

As many have observed here in the DBB comments since very early in the season, Drummond's play warrants including him in the ROY conversation, but without minutes, he won't get the serious consideration he deserves.

The stats back this up. Andre is doing everything we've needed in a Center since Ben Wallace departed for Chicago. He's been a beast on the glass, especially offensively, he's doubled the league average for his position in terms of steals, and he's blocking more than his fair share of shots to boot.

Sure, there's the occasional missed rotation or flubbed post move - but does that really outweigh his other impactful contributions? No, at least not in my opinion.

Play the kid, Lawrence. Please. He really has earned it.
    Last edited by mike 810; 12-14-2012 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    I'm going to look at the glass half full:

Coming out of camp, he probably wasn't ready. With the limited minutes he's gotten, he's grown and proven that he belongs on the court.

So, we continue to give him minutes off the bench, let JMaxx continue to have a contract year, year and in the next 45 days we showcase JMaxx for inclusion in a trade.

Afterwards, Drummond starts and nobody on the pistons is twisted because Drummond earned it and he's not taking minutes away from anyone.

vCash
    yea i can agree with that he doesn't have to start but 25-30mins at the least would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    I'm going to look at the glass half full:

Coming out of camp, he probably wasn't ready. With the limited minutes he's gotten, he's grown and proven that he belongs on the court.

So, we continue to give him minutes off the bench, let JMaxx continue to have a contract year, year and in the next 45 days we showcase JMaxx for inclusion in a trade.

Afterwards, Drummond starts and nobody on the pistons is twisted because Drummond earned it and he's not taking minutes away from anyone.

vCash
    Gee thought there was an official rookie thread..must be mistaken.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast