Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 86
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,273
    vCash
    1500
    Mayock has said he can play inside in the 3-4 and with Davis speed he can move outside.

    Desean "Jet" Jackson

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,308
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    It might be because I watch a lot of Texans games (living in Houston) but Barwin is awful. A lot of empty stats.
    I believe it. It's more that he's a freak athlete than anything else.

    Davis isn't big enough to play 3-4 OLB, and more important he's not a good enough pass rusher.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    In my opinion I think Holmes has a chance to be dealt. Doesn't mean it will definitely happen but even if not will still have money to spend. Revis won't get his contract he wants until he proves he's still the same player after his injury. I may be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that he understands he has to prove he's healthy before he gets the big pay day. By cutting Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Bart Scott, Jason Smith, and Eric Smith the Jets should save a lot of money on the cap. Tebow's salary will also come off the books because in no way do I see the Jets keeping both him and Mark together again next year. Tebow to the Jaguars is most likely. Yeremiah Bell and LaRon Landry I doubt will be back. One is old and I think the other will price himself out.

    The true struggles coming from this offense have come from both OG positions, RT, WR, QB and RB. That's a lot of positions on the offense. But nothing will get better until you fix those three positions on the line first. I love the idea of signing that OG Andy Levtire* and I think resigning Slauson and drafting a new OG/RT is a must as well. Don't be surprised if we go after Jake Long instead of Andy Levtire because we all know Sparano will want his men who he has faith in.

    Defense believe it or not has come from our MLB position. Harris has been terrible and by PFT is graded as the worst Jet this year. Scott will go but that doesn't matter because Demario will take over. I explained what I think will happen with the safeties. Therefore, our needs will come from the safety positions and linebackers. Wherever we pick in the first round I think we should go OLB/LB. if high enough I say Manti Te'o should be the pick.

    Resignings will take some cap away for guys like Keller and maybe Devito but I doubt it will be too costly. I would do 2 years $5-6 mil for Devito and 4 years $20 mil for Keller.
    I think you stole some of Holmes' (or my) crack. No one will want his contract and his attitude at this point. Besides, everyone on this site says factually that he's a #2. Who would dare make such a deal for such a WR who has gone 2 for 2 in locker room meltdowns? Let's be real. He's ours at least through 2013. And he can help the team considerably.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,403
    vCash
    1500
    I see a few trade holmes post but no idea how or where we would trade him coming off an injury, I think we need to draft a OLB with our first round pick unless a stud Tackle hits our way, Davis and Harris in the middle is fine and Mcyntrie is fine at OLB, plus we need to resign landry and bell dont forget that either

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,209
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CEasFiRe View Post
    I see a few trade holmes post but no idea how or where we would trade him coming off an injury, I think we need to draft a OLB with our first round pick unless a stud Tackle hits our way, Davis and Harris in the middle is fine and Mcyntrie is fine at OLB, plus we need to resign landry and bell dont forget that either
    Some people are clueless....WE R STUCK WITH HIM GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!!

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    (Born in NY)Miami, Fl
    Posts
    2,610
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Mayock has said he can play inside in the 3-4 and with Davis speed he can move outside.
    his speed is exactly why he should stay inside in a 3-4 and how many 230 pound rush ends are there? not many if any hes too small

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    vCash
    1500
    This is going to sound crazy but if I was the GM I would look into it. I say we trade Tebow, Revis, and our 2013 first round pick to Jacksonville for their First round pick. I think the Jags will end up with the a top 3 draft pick. The Jets have to pick up Jarvis Jones, he is going to end up the best pass rusher in the NFL for years. He is an all around player too. I think Revis still has enough value to pull this trade off.

    Revis is a luxury at this point. We have Cromartie who is good enough to be our #1, and I am fine with Wilson and Lankster playing the #2 CB and slot CB. If we get Jarvis Jones we could have the best pass rush in the league next year. Coples and Wilkerson will have developed more and will make it impossible for teams to double team Jarvis Jones.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    vCash
    1500
    I don't see the Jets bringing in a QB or RB. You can't put the teams failures on Sanchez, his offensive line isn't very good and his WR's aren't very good either. We need to get some free agents that can make a difference. We have a lot of money coming off the books so we can definitely sign some guys.

    We have to give McKnight and Powell a chance. I would get rid of Shonn Greene and sign a cheap but reliable RB just in case McKnight and Powell are injured.

    We can draft another WR in the 2nd or 3rd round, one that can start next year. With Holmes back and healthy, a more experienced Stephen Hill, and Jeremy Kerley back in the slot we will have weapons for Sanchez. I wouldn't be against bringing Keller back at the right price, he is good when he is healthy.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,265
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GoRexRyan View Post
    This is going to sound crazy but if I was the GM I would look into it. I say we trade Tebow, Revis, and our 2013 first round pick to Jacksonville for their First round pick. I think the Jags will end up with the a top 3 draft pick. The Jets have to pick up Jarvis Jones, he is going to end up the best pass rusher in the NFL for years. He is an all around player too. I think Revis still has enough value to pull this trade off.

    Revis is a luxury at this point. We have Cromartie who is good enough to be our #1, and I am fine with Wilson and Lankster playing the #2 CB and slot CB. If we get Jarvis Jones we could have the best pass rush in the league next year. Coples and Wilkerson will have developed more and will make it impossible for teams to double team Jarvis Jones.
    Wtf? We're giving up Revis and a 1st rounder for a first rounder to take a linebacker? No way.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with whoever said Laron Landry will ask for too much money this offseason. It is a pity, I like him on this team, but I don't see him coming back. I would love to have Kenny Phillips at the right price to be our new FS, and maybe Yeremiah Bell has one more year left in him to be our SS next year.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Wtf? We're giving up Revis and a 1st rounder for a first rounder to take a linebacker? No way.
    Mingo is the other guy I want on the Jets but he hasn't been that good this year. It is blatantly obvious that we don't have any explosive pass rushers and need one desperately. Coples and Wilkerson are good lineman but they aren't on the same level as Jarvis Jones. Jones would be a 12+ sacks every year player for the Jets, I value a guy like that over Revis and our first round pick.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe if we did that trade Jacksonville would throw in Cecil Shorts.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,864
    vCash
    1500
    Darrelle Revis is a once-in-a-generation, hall of fame type player. If I'm trading him, not only do I want multiple picks, I would want multiple 1st round picks for him. This is a horrible CB class and we can definitely get much more for Revis (injury or not).
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Darrelle Revis is a once-in-a-generation, hall of fame type player. If I'm trading him, not only do I want multiple picks, I would want multiple 1st round picks for him. This is a horrible CB class and we can definitely get much more for Revis (injury or not).
    Revis is worth atleast two first rounders... For sure


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    (Born in NY)Miami, Fl
    Posts
    2,610
    vCash
    1500
    Trade not only Revis but a 1st too? for a completely unproven rookie LB? And why? Because we have the almight Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankster to replace him

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •