Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I believe it. It's more that he's a freak athlete than anything else.

Davis isn't big enough to play 3-4 OLB, and more important he's not a good enough pass rusher.
    He's a great athlete but his overall play isn't all that. He doesn't play the run all that well. Constantly overpursues or loses contain. He can't beat double teams and most of his pressure comes when he has a free shot at the QB. His play is elevated by those around him. Playing in Wade Phillips' scheme doesn't hurt either. If the price is right, I'd love to get him just because of his potential and athletic ability. I wouldn't pay top dollar though.

I think the Texans would be smart to let him go or franchise/trade him in the off-season and go with Brooks Read and Whitney Mercilus as their two rush LB's next season. They have a lot of talent in the front 7.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoRexRyan View Post
    This is going to sound crazy but if I was the GM I would look into it. I say we trade Tebow, Revis, and our 2013 first round pick to Jacksonville for their First round pick. I think the Jags will end up with the a top 3 draft pick. The Jets have to pick up Jarvis Jones, he is going to end up the best pass rusher in the NFL for years. He is an all around player too. I think Revis still has enough value to pull this trade off.

Revis is a luxury at this point. We have Cromartie who is good enough to be our #1, and I am fine with Wilson and Lankster playing the #2 CB and slot CB. If we get Jarvis Jones we could have the best pass rush in the league next year. Coples and Wilkerson will have developed more and will make it impossible for teams to double team Jarvis Jones.
    Youre right, that sounds crazy

vCash
    listen listen we're gonna have a top 10 pick i say trade whoever we can for more picks and rebuild now!!

vCash
    Steven Jax is a FA.

I have a weird feeling he will end up a Jet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Steven Jax is a FA.

I have a weird feeling he will end up a Jet.
    I think he would be a good pick up. He is a much better power back than Greene, who can then be released. Then the Jets can hopefully find a RB in the draft to complement him and eventually replace him.

vCash
    Get rid of Tebow, E. Smith, Jason Smith, maybe Scott. Keep Pace and holmes, and get a RT AND LG. Also a WR, another TE, a real backup QB or someone like kaepernick, and just make moves. We need an offseason like the one when we got jenkins, pace, favre, faneca, etc. those guys(not favre) brought us to 2 straight AFC championships along with feely at K, T. Jones at RB, and Cotchery at WR. we need leaders and playmakers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
    Get rid of Tebow, E. Smith, Jason Smith, maybe Scott. Keep Pace and holmes, and get a RT AND LG. Also a WR, another TE, a real backup QB or someone like kaepernick, and just make moves. We need an offseason like the one when we got jenkins, pace, favre, faneca, etc. those guys(not favre) brought us to 2 straight AFC championships along with feely at K, T. Jones at RB, and Cotchery at WR. we need leaders and playmakers
    No way in hell the jets keep pace, hes done as a jet. Bart Scott is already half way out the door.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    IDK why people want Holmes gone. Not like we can get rid of the contract and he's as a good a receiver as we'll be able to get for the short term.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    No way in hell the jets keep pace, hes done as a jet. Bart Scott is already half way out the door.
    I agree. No way Scott and Pace come back next year!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Originally Posted by GoRexRyan
    This is going to sound crazy but if I was the GM I would look into it. I say we trade Tebow, Revis, and our 2013 first round pick to Jacksonville for their First round pick. I think the Jags will end up with the a top 3 draft pick. The Jets have to pick up Jarvis Jones, he is going to end up the best pass rusher in the NFL for years. He is an all around player too. I think Revis still has enough value to pull this trade off.

Revis is a luxury at this point. We have Cromartie who is good enough to be our #1, and I am fine with Wilson and Lankster playing the #2 CB and slot CB. If we get Jarvis Jones we could have the best pass rush in the league next year. Coples and Wilkerson will have developed more and will make it impossible for teams to double team Jarvis Jones.
    So trade the arguable best CB to play the game next to Deion who is still in his prime for a measly 1st round? Are you serious? WOW!

For Jarvis Jones...who never played a snap? Glen Dorsey was expected to be dominant as a Rookie...how is he doing? (1 of 1,000,000 examples).

Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    I think he would be a good pick up. He is a much better power back than Greene, who can then be released. Then the Jets can hopefully find a RB in the draft to complement him and eventually replace him.
    Greene is a free agent at the end of this year...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    The only free agent worth looking at is Mike Wallace. I would resign Landry and Bell and Kelller Moore(1year) You dont need a explosive running back!!! Sean Greene is fine. He come cheap anyway. I would look to bring in a veteran like Thomas Jones. The draft we need a Tight End , Linebackers and Oline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cp yankeesman View Post
    The only free agent worth looking at is Mike Wallace. I would resign Landry and Bell and Kelller Moore(1year) You dont need a explosive running back!!! Sean Greene is fine. He come cheap anyway. I would look to bring in a veteran like Thomas Jones. The draft we need a Tight End , Linebackers and Oline
    Mike Wallace would be awesome but I dont see how Pitt let's him walk...unless they think highly enough in Sanders and Brown and they like they can develop another to backfill.

They are becoming the manufacturer of WR's for the league it seems.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    New to the forum , But I think Dwayne Bowe would be a nice addition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    So trade the arguable best CB to play the game next to Deion who is still in his prime for a measly 1st round? Are you serious? WOW!

For Jarvis Jones...who never played a snap? Glen Dorsey was expected to be dominant as a Rookie...how is he doing? (1 of 1,000,000 examples).

Greene is a free agent at the end of this year...
    I agree with you about Revis. There is no way I would trade him. If the Jets want to save some money, why not trade Cromartie? I don't know how much money that would save, but his value will never be higher.

That is what I meant about Greene. I realize he is a free agent and hope the Jets don't bring him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    IDK why people want Holmes gone. Not like we can get rid of the contract and he's as a good a receiver as we'll be able to get for the short term.
    I don't have a problem with Holmes as much as I have a problem with the GM thinking he has a #1 wide receiver.

I think Holmes is a good player, but how much attention does he get from the other team's game plan? I think hes the type of guy that could be a #2 and put up better numbers than the #1.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast