Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 86
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,958
    vCash
    1500
    **** Bush go after Jennings or Wallace, would love Felix!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Aurora, CO (HT Queens, NY)
    Posts
    11,958
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    The amount if money we will save from just cutting Scott, Pace, Thomas, Eric and Jason Smith the jets will gain close to $20 million I believe. Then say we trade Holmes that's another additional $8 along with the $4 mil we have right now. A lot of money to spend IMO.
    This.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    158
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    When you trade a player, the old team has to pay the bonus money that has been 'paid' but not accounted for. The new team pays the base salary.

    Holmes had a 6.25M signing bonus over the course of his deal (5 years) which the Jets have to pay. That is 1.25M per season. The deal has 3 years left after this season. 1.25 times 3 = 3.75M. Holmes cap value is 12.5M. You subtract the two numbers and the end up with 8.75M which is the amount we would save if Holmes is to be traded. I saw someone confirm this on twitter with nyjetscap earlier so this seems to be accurate.

    Honestly, if we could trade Holmes and recoup even a conditional pick in the draft, I'd do it. Maybe a team like the Vikings? They have some money and he would be a good compliment with Harvin and Peterson. I don't know.
    music to my ears...err eyes...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    The amount if money we will save from just cutting Scott, Pace, Thomas, Eric and Jason Smith the jets will gain close to $20 million I believe. Then say we trade Holmes that's another additional $8 along with the $4 mil we have right now. A lot of money to spend IMO.
    Who's gonna trade for Holmes? He's coming off an injury. He's expensive, he's no spring chicken and is known for selfish behavior.

    And we have to extend Revis last I checked. Unless you suggest trading him coming off an injury.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    Figured it might be a little early but maybe this could cheer us up a bit. Maybe some hope.

    Basically, the Jets need to address a lot of positions this offseason: QB, RB, WR, RT, G, OLB, FS. Hopefully we can draft and sign players at these positions because unlike others, I do think there is some talent on this team: Kerley, Hill, Mangold, Brick, Wilk, Harris, Revis, Cro, Landry.

    Now lets take a look at realistic free agents at each position. Let's start with the most important one: QB

    1) Jason Cambell - I am a believer that this guy could be a top 15 QB with the right weapons around him
    2) Matt Moore - Impressed in Miami, still young
    3) Tarvaris Jackson - Wasn't horrible in Seattle but still not that great

    RB:

    1) Reggie Bush - Very good in Miami, would add a new explosive dimension to our offense
    2) Felix Jones - Good #2 back, could work out

    WR (Hoping we can get rid of Holmes Contract):

    1) Greg Jennings (Would be amazing but what receiver wants to come here)
    2) Dwayne Bowe (Same as above)
    3) Mike Wallace (Same as above doubt he goes)

    T:

    1) Ryan Clady (Will want monster money)
    2) Branden Albert (Will get money)
    3) Sebastian Vollmer (Patriot but GREAT RT)
    4) Andre Smith (Nice Option)

    OLB:

    1) Shaun Phillips (Old but quick pass rusher)
    2) Anthony Spencer (Nice option)
    3) Daryl Smith (Nice Option)
    Yes, it is early but I see you couldn't help yourself. FYI - know one knows who will be available until free agency begins. Any number of these guys can be extended until that date. And funds will be limited. Your shopping list of 5 positions should probably be narrowed down to 1. We have Revis' extension looming and likely need to extend Landry and Keller.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 11-16-2012 at 08:21 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,273
    vCash
    1500
    In my opinion I think Holmes has a chance to be dealt. Doesn't mean it will definitely happen but even if not will still have money to spend. Revis won't get his contract he wants until he proves he's still the same player after his injury. I may be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that he understands he has to prove he's healthy before he gets the big pay day. By cutting Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Bart Scott, Jason Smith, and Eric Smith the Jets should save a lot of money on the cap. Tebow's salary will also come off the books because in no way do I see the Jets keeping both him and Mark together again next year. Tebow to the Jaguars is most likely. Yeremiah Bell and LaRon Landry I doubt will be back. One is old and I think the other will price himself out.

    The true struggles coming from this offense have come from both OG positions, RT, WR, QB and RB. That's a lot of positions on the offense. But nothing will get better until you fix those three positions on the line first. I love the idea of signing that OG Andy Levtire* and I think resigning Slauson and drafting a new OG/RT is a must as well. Don't be surprised if we go after Jake Long instead of Andy Levtire because we all know Sparano will want his men who he has faith in.

    Defense believe it or not has come from our MLB position. Harris has been terrible and by PFT is graded as the worst Jet this year. Scott will go but that doesn't matter because Demario will take over. I explained what I think will happen with the safeties. Therefore, our needs will come from the safety positions and linebackers. Wherever we pick in the first round I think we should go OLB/LB. if high enough I say Manti Te'o should be the pick.

    Resignings will take some cap away for guys like Keller and maybe Devito but I doubt it will be too costly. I would do 2 years $5-6 mil for Devito and 4 years $20 mil for Keller.
    Last edited by JetsNation24; 11-16-2012 at 12:38 PM.

    Desean "Jet" Jackson

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    339
    vCash
    1500
    who is honestly gonna be so eager to trade holmes and pick up what remains of his contract? possibly someone in dire need at WR but it doesnt look likely honestly. and id love to know the solutions to cutting all of our linebackers? yea theyre slow theyre getting old but who is gonna fill their shoes? i do think that jones, mingo, and montgomery should be targets in the draft but IF we are lucky will only get one. and who fills in at safety if landry and bell are both gone? it may be time to rebuild (actually, it is) but some veterans have to stay. there's something called depth. Davis will be a 16 game starter next season provided he stays healthy. Id love to see Sapp and Dowtin improve over the rest of this season and the offseason but I dont really see either starting next season. McIntyre should start next season, and I like him. Bellore isnt really a starting backer right now, but i do hope they keep him for special teams and depth. Mauga is decent but injured. I just dont see solutions to letting go of EVERYONE

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    934
    vCash
    1500
    Ive always really liked Jason Campbell as a player. I think he is a realistic target for us and would be a major upgrade at the position.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,156
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Levtire would play LG. I think that's his best position anyway. RG is generally considered the easier position and probably the easiest OL position to play. We can then draft a guard in maybe the 3rd round to be our starter there.

    I love Kenny Phillips as well. He was exceptional in 2011. His coverage was awesome. No TD's allowed and under 2 receptions a game against him. The Giants have other guys to resign and they have Stevie Broiwn who has filled in nicely for Phillips and would be tons cheaper.
    Dude change your sig. I can't read a word you say with that walking distraction on there. Just such a beautiful bounce.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,273
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush520 View Post
    who is honestly gonna be so eager to trade holmes and pick up what remains of his contract? possibly someone in dire need at WR but it doesnt look likely honestly. and id love to know the solutions to cutting all of our linebackers? yea theyre slow theyre getting old but who is gonna fill their shoes? i do think that jones, mingo, and montgomery should be targets in the draft but IF we are lucky will only get one. and who fills in at safety if landry and bell are both gone? it may be time to rebuild (actually, it is) but some veterans have to stay. there's something called depth. Davis will be a 16 game starter next season provided he stays healthy. Id love to see Sapp and Dowtin improve over the rest of this season and the offseason but I dont really see either starting next season. McIntyre should start next season, and I like him. Bellore isnt really a starting backer right now, but i do hope they keep him for special teams and depth. Mauga is decent but injured. I just dont see solutions to letting go of EVERYONE
    Why release our LB's you ask? Well one they are old, two they aren't very good anymore and three they're not worth what were paying them. Like I said Bell will be replaced because he's old and signed a one year deal which indicates he's a one year stop gate and Landry will want more then another 1 year $4 mil contract again which IMO would be too much given his injury history. You asked the question on who would start at LB if we release our guys well you mentioned Davis and McIntyre starting therefore all we have to replace is the other OLB position which can be done in the draft.

    Desean "Jet" Jackson

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Why release our LB's you ask? Well one they are old, two they aren't very good anymore and three they're not worth what were paying them. Like I said Bell will be replaced because he's old and signed a one year deal which indicates he's a one year stop gate and Landry will want more then another 1 year $4 mil contract again which IMO would be too much given his injury history. You asked the question on who would start at LB if we release our guys well you mentioned Davis and McIntyre starting therefore all we have to replace is the other OLB position which can be done in the draft.
    and if one gets injured and one isnt producing at all, then what? if you had to keep one of pace, scott, and thomas, who would you choose? considering they took a pay cut

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush520 View Post
    and if one gets injured and one isnt producing at all, then what? if you had to keep one of pace, scott, and thomas, who would you choose? considering they took a pay cut
    None because as was mentioned before they're all old and on the downside of their careers so why keep them around unless you're going to use them as depth/rotational guys


    Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,273
    vCash
    1500
    If there was a gun to my head I would choose Pace because I think he's the best of the bunch. However next year after say we release those 3 will have the following......

    OLB: McIntyre
    ILB: Harris, Mauga
    ILB: Davis, Bellore
    OLB: Draft Pick, Sapp

    It's not like after these cuts will only have two LB's

    Desean "Jet" Jackson

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,273
    vCash
    1500
    I would like to see it look like this if we stay in the 3-4

    OLB: McIntyre
    ILB: Te'o, Muaga
    ILB: Harris, Bellore
    OLB: Davis, Sapp

    However, I think our team would be better off switching to a 4-3

    Desean "Jet" Jackson

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    I would like to see it look like this if we stay in the 3-4

    OLB: McIntyre
    ILB: Te'o, Muaga
    ILB: Harris, Bellore
    OLB: Davis, Sapp

    However, I think our team would be better off switching to a 4-3
    Doesn't Te'o play in a 4-3 at Notre Dame?


    Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •