Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

should we send Ross (and Acy) to the Dleague to let them play 30+ mpg?

Before people go nuts, think about it for a second. Ross is shooting under 40% from the field, and under 30% from behind the arc. He also is only getting to play 16.4 mpg. Do we really need to force feed him minutes? When Fields and Lowry are back and in game shape, why not let Ross and Acy go work on their games in the DLeague?

I think playing 30+ mpg would help them both bring their games along to where they need to be in order to be effective NBA rotation players. We can always recall them if needed, but I think Derozan,Pietrus,Anderson,Kleiza and Fields can handle 96 mpg between them on the wing...not to mention Lowry when he comes back and DC uses him and Jose together again too.

If we start getting near the 8th seed, should BC think about this?

vCash
    we need Ross. Acy not so much.

vCash
    There is no way you send a top 10 draft pick to the DLeague unless he desperately needs it like Hasheem Thabeet. Acy yah.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    no way to ross.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I think Ross could use more minutes now in the NBA -- a guy like him can only grow playing NBAers at this point.

Acy for sure could use time in the d-league.

vCash
    The only reason I'd say no to sending Ross is because not only is he a top 10 pick, but he's 22 years old. He's old enough (and played enough in college) to handle being thrown into the fire in his rookie season. If Jonas can do it at 20, then Ross can too.

I think Acy is ready as well but there are just no minutes available at the 4 spot, so yes he should head on down.

vCash
    As a matter of fact, I think it would be a great idea if on Dec 28 when we play the Hornets, if Casey gave Ross the start. Then he could go up against Rivers lol.

vCash
    Weed need them both

Ross for games

Acy for an extra body in practice because we seem to get injured a lot.

vCash
    No to Ross. Acy can be sent down when we don't have injuries to like 5 of our players.

vCash
    no we should send pietrus to the dleague and give ross more mins as a raptor.

vCash
    Ironically the "development league" is pretty lowsy for developing players. Ross needs to learn NBA systems, contend with NBA talent and develop on the go IMO.

vCash
    Not Ross since he's a rotation player. Yes to Acy though.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Ironically the "development league" is pretty lowsy for developing players. Ross needs to learn NBA systems, contend with NBA talent and develop on the go IMO.
    Agree, D-league is all about one on one and iso's just guys trying to show NBA teams they might be worth a 10 day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    The only reason I'd say no to sending Ross is because not only is he a top 10 pick, but he's 22 years old. He's old enough (and played enough in college) to handle being thrown into the fire in his rookie season. If Jonas can do it at 20, then Ross can too.

I think Acy is ready as well but there are just no minutes available at the 4 spot, so yes he should head on down.
    Who cares where is he was drafted. Jeremy Lamb was taken 12th in the draft (4 spots lower), and he finds himself in the dleague right now too. I realize he is younger then Ross and OKC is a much better team, but he is in the dleague because there just aren't enough minutes for him in the NBA. Not because he can't play. We don't have the same kind of talent as OKC on the wing, but we do have a crap tonne of wing players all fighting for minutes, and I don't know if force feeding him minutes to bring him along is our best option as a franchise considering pretty much every other wing is putting up better numbers then he is.

You say he is ready, but his stats so far would beg to differ. He isn't a lock down defender yet, he is shooting under 40% from the field , under 29% from behind the arc and under 55% from the charity stripe. I want to see him do well as much as the next Raptors fan, but I also want to win games. If we go into tank mode I don't mind him playing significant minutes, but not if we stay hot and get back into a playoff battle..not unless he starts taking a lot better shots and being much more efficient.

vCash
    Acy is a yes. Ross is a no. He won't get any valuable experience from the D league.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast