Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,871
    vCash
    1500

    They're out of their f-ing minds

    I just got an email informing me that Mets ticket packages are now on sale:

    http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/tick...4605-458119440

    They're out of their f-ing minds. I have no idea who I'll be paying to see play next season but they want me to start thinking about buying tickets now.

    They're out of the f-ing minds.

    Two words:

    Stub Hub.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    6,916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I just got an email informing me that Mets ticket packages are now on sale:

    http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/tick...4605-458119440

    They're out of their f-ing minds. I have no idea who I'll be paying to see play next season but they want me to start thinking about buying tickets now.

    They're out of the f-ing minds.

    Two words:

    Stub Hub.
    Simple, you'll be watching the Mets!

    But yea, it's just so they have their stuff ready for later

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,004
    vCash
    1500
    The only tickets i will be buying next year are for opening day and the ASG.

    And that's sad considering i used to go to 20-30 games a year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,004
    vCash
    1500
    You said it FOC, if i do go to anymore games next year than that it will be via Stubhub.

    These secondary markets are great when the team isn't worth box office price.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You said it FOC, if i do go to anymore games next year than that it will be via Stubhub.

    These secondary markets are great when the team isn't worth box office price.
    Yeah. What's really sad is the Mets seem so out of touch with this reality. We're hearing reports left and right that Dickey might be traded, Wright might not be extended, they won't be improving the team via the FA market, etc, and yet they want us now to start thinking about plunking our money down.

    Could their timing be any worse?

    I understand it might actually make the most sense baseball wise for them not to be spending much money on the team right now. But they should do a better job of understanding that they're insulting their fans by asking them to spend money on the same freaking team they themselves DONT want to spend on.

    They're out of their f-ing minds.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    I will never buy from anything other than stubhub. I got two field level, row D tickets down the third base line for 30 bucks a pop. Can't beat that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I will never buy from anything other than stubhub. I got two field level, row D tickets down the third base line for 30 bucks a pop. Can't beat that.
    Mets have a big supply and demand problem. Huge supply, no demand.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Mets have a big supply and demand problem. Huge supply, no demand.
    And according to common sense, that's the recipe for cheap tickets.

    But the Mets don't use common sense, do they?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    And according to common sense, that's the recipe for cheap tickets.

    But the Mets don't use common sense, do they?
    Never.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    22,004
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yeah. What's really sad is the Mets seem so out of touch with this reality. We're hearing reports left and right that Dickey might be traded, Wright might not be extended, they won't be improving the team via the FA market, etc, and yet they want us now to start thinking about plunking our money down.

    Could their timing be any worse?

    I understand it might actually make the most sense baseball wise for them not to be spending much money on the team right now. But they should do a better job of understanding that they're insulting their fans by asking them to spend money on the same freaking team they themselves DONT want to spend on.

    They're out of their f-ing minds.
    Well it was ballsy enough they announced they were raising ticket prices this year.

    How do they do that when they are going into another offseason lowering payroll like you mentioned?

    Keep testing your fan base Fred.

    Doing nothing offseason after offseason and putting a 70+ win team on the field for the last 4 years really justifies charging people more at the box office
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-15-2012 at 05:26 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    I honestly can't believe they had the nerve to not only not lower prices, but RAISE THEM! They're a ****ing joke.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,403
    vCash
    1500
    west virginia is too far from citi what a blessing

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    6,916
    vCash
    1500
    Do you guys just ignore me completely or not waste your time responding to me because it's been like 2 months since anyone has even noticed me

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Do you guys just ignore me completely or not waste your time responding to me because it's been like 2 months since anyone has even noticed me
    And you are...?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    2,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I just got an email informing me that Mets ticket packages are now on sale:

    http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/tick...4605-458119440

    They're out of their f-ing minds. I have no idea who I'll be paying to see play next season but they want me to start thinking about buying tickets now.

    They're out of the f-ing minds.

    Two words:

    Stub Hub.
    Two better words:

    Stay Home.

    THANK YOU PROKY!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •