Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 112
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,646
    vCash
    1500
    I don't really have any feelings about this move. Clevenger was awful after he started 8-16 or whatever it was, but hopefully one of those guys can be an okay backup.

    The 40 man is now at 38. Every FA signed makes it more necessary that Stewart be non-tendered. That is my hope anyway. Vitters+ for Lonnie would make sense so we can get a third baseman without adding to the 40 man.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Suburbs Of Chicago
    Posts
    9,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    I don't really have any feelings about this move. Clevenger was awful after he started 8-16 or whatever it was, but hopefully one of those guys can be an okay backup.

    The 40 man is now at 38. Every FA signed makes it more necessary that Stewart be non-tendered. That is my hope anyway. Vitters+ for Lonnie would make sense so we can get a third baseman without adding to the 40 man.
    Thinking like the the big boyz there.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.


    "I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,848
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    1. Teams and players that win get endorsement deals too.

    2. Good teams, and teams that make the post season have more nationally televised games too. (are the cubs even that highly nationally televised as bad as they are?) I'm not saying they sign with a bad team, so I don't really get that point?

    3. They spend about as much time away from the city as they do here during the season. Also, many other cities have night life and entertainment.

    4. That one I'll give you.
    I disagree about #3, maybe a handful of other cities providd something close to the nightlife that Chicago offers. Also, playing day games frees up a lot of your evenings.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,403
    vCash
    1500
    The given one could also be a pretty huge one.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-15-2012 at 09:04 PM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    14,917
    vCash
    1500

    real funny....love it lol

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    257
    vCash
    1500
    All Im saying is Ive seen Kerry Wood and Andre Dawson on television more than any Brave or Oriole

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    All Im saying is Ive seen Kerry Wood and Andre Dawson on television more than any Brave or Oriole
    Do you live near Chicago? or closer to Atlanta?


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    14,917
    vCash
    1500
    blahhhh to this deal whatever

    im reading up on this guy just hoping to find something good or positive

    well theres good news... he owns 2 birds that have no names

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    $1.75 million?

    I'm going to do it...I hate it when other people do it...but I have to do it...


    That's the kind of thing Jim Hendry would have done.
    You constantly complain that the FO doesn't ever spend money but when they "overpay" for a backup catcher on a one year deal you complain about them spending too much money. I think no matter what the FO does you'd be against it.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    25,683
    vCash
    1500
    Add Content

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    257
    vCash
    1500
    Im in Tennessee near the Smokies

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,547
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    I disagree about #3, maybe a handful of other cities providd something close to the nightlife that Chicago offers. Also, playing day games frees up a lot of your evenings.
    except that in most cases you have a day game the next day
    #Turtlepower

    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,547
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    The given one could also be a pretty huge one.
    I really think you are overblowing that. I guess it's something we'll have to wait and see on though.
    #Turtlepower

    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,547
    vCash
    1500
    are you referring to the ivy double check?
    #Turtlepower

    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    Im in Tennessee near the Smokies
    That might be why you see more cubs commercials, you are near a cubs affiliate. If we lived near atlanta I'm sure there are some chipper jones commercials playing there.


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •