Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 112
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,807
    vCash
    1500
    $1.75 million?

    I'm going to do it...I hate it when other people do it...but I have to do it...


    That's the kind of thing Jim Hendry would have done.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    You can always create a place for yourself.
    Posts
    4,580
    vCash
    1500
    really good backup. What's soto been up to these days
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks



  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,845
    vCash
    1500
    So far I've seen minor league contract and $1.75 million.


    I heard you were looking for me.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    You can always create a place for yourself.
    Posts
    4,580
    vCash
    1500
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,626
    vCash
    1500
    more than I thought he'd get.
    #Turtlepower

    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,732
    vCash
    1500

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4,980
    vCash
    1500
    wow. 1.75 million. huh

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    17,777
    vCash
    1500
    Wonder if Paul Bako would have been cheaper

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,626
    vCash
    1500
    I disagree with many things in that article...I think getting a back up/another catcher was necessary
    #Turtlepower

    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  10. 11-15-2012, 05:39 PM
    Reason
    baiting

  11. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Suburbs Of Chicago
    Posts
    9,350
    vCash
    1500
    Well lets see how he plays and I think if it's a minor league deal maybe it's a split like they did with Corpas...who knows. I think it's a good sign none the less.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.


    "I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,066
    vCash
    1500
    To be fair Hendry would have signed him to a 2 year deal with a NTC and player options because he's a quality guy.

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,654
    vCash
    1500
    Meh, it's a backup catcher. He had a .317 wOBA in 74 games last year. I'm not jacked up, but he's probably better than Clevenger.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  14. 11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
    Reason
    baiting

  15. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,807
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Meh, it's a backup catcher. He had a .317 wOBA in 74 games last year. I'm not jacked up, but he's probably better than Clevenger.
    He only appeared in 24 games last year, with 73 PAs.

    Last three seasons combined: 417 PAs, 211/279/325

    He's basically just an older version of Clevenger.

  16. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Suburbs Of Chicago
    Posts
    9,350
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad73 View Post


    And to the people complaining about it being $1.75 million, what? It's a one year deal and in today's market anything under $2 million is literally pocket change. We have a **** load of payroll available and as long as none of it is spent on anything inefficient over a long term then their is no reason to complain about money.
    rock on
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.


    "I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

  17. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    He only appeared in 24 games last year, with 73 PAs.

    Last three seasons combined: 417 PAs, 211/279/325

    He's basically just an older version of Clevenger.
    Oops I read the AB and the games wrong. Do forgive. Spent the day surrounded by 7th graders on a field trip, mental ability not perfect.

    Yeah I'm not super excited about Navarro but he's a backup catcher. I wont get excited nor get upset at the signing. There's just no reason to go either way on it.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •